Wu Shu---HELP!

White spike

White Belt
Reaction score
I want to train Wu Shu....

And does anybody have a youtube link on "how to's"?

There isnt any wu shu clubs near me...i will be doing home courses...

any help?

oaktree

Master of Arts
Reaction score
No school near you? So you will train alone. Can I ask where you live?
Maybe there is a school that YOU don't know about.
If you must train alone then practice ma bu.
If you can spend 5 minutes a day and work up to an hour
In ma bu its a thousand times better than trying to learn
Anything on YouTube.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
just don't do it. If you do not have a good teacher, you cannot learn. You cannot learn this over the internet, or thru DVDs, or books, or mail order, or seminars. You need to have a good teacher, with whom you train regularly so he can teach and guide and correct what you are doing over and over and over.

No matter what someone tells you about DVDs, if they tell you that you can learn this way, it is simply not true. Don't waste your time.

oaktree

Master of Arts
Reaction score
http://www.flashmavi.com/wushu.shtml

Is this "the ultimate guide?"

And what is "ma bo?"

I don't think it is the ultimate guide. If you want to learn Wushu you need a teacher. You need someone who can explain things and correct your form.
If you don't have a teacher the best thing you can do is practice Ma bu or horse stance. In fact even if you have a teacher he will make you spend time in Ma bu anyway. See if you practice Ma bu you will have a strong root and foundation. If you seriously can not find a school in your area then the next best thing is to start
a training group. Get in contact with a teacher close to your area explain your situation. See if you can make some sort of arrangement. Your training group can save money to host seminars or some sort of weekend training to at least get some actual training.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
http://www.flashmavi.com/wushu.shtml

Is this "the ultimate guide?"

And what is "ma bo?"

yeesh! no, this is not how to go about learning Chinese martial arts (or ANY martial arts for that matter).

Personally, I think this kind of website does more harm than good. It presents information in a way that convinces those who are uneducated on the topic, that it is possible to learn thru online video clips. It absolutely is not possible. At the very best, you will learn to mimic (poorly) some random martial movements. There is no real instruction, no correction and there is no context to understand what is really going on.

Please do not do this.
I'm being your friend, by telling you the truth. It may not be what you want to hear, but it is the truth and wishful thinking will not change that.

Latest Discussions