Would you watch the sport I just invented?

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
What about football, senseless violence, runningback intercepts the pass and fades right then bam! Like a freight train to a bmw he just got tackled

I've suggested spiked elbow pads, shoulder pads, and helmets for football...

And that hockey would be a lot more interesting if they'd use those knives they use on their feet on each other -- as well as the sticks. :EG:

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've suggested spiked elbow pads, shoulder pads, and helmets for football...

And that hockey would be a lot more interesting if they'd use those knives they use on their feet on each other -- as well as the sticks. :EG:

Ummmm.... that's happened. I recall an incident where a player had his throat laid open by a skate. There's video, but I am not going to post it here.

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
Real Men (tm) play Hurling. A full contact combination of hockey and baseball.

Hmmph. Seems to be a rather wimpified version of lacrosse-the real "fastest game on grass," and the really, really, real American sport....

And what's the point in having a stick, if you can't hit the other guy with it?
:lfao:

Last edited by a moderator:

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
No. Bluntly, it sounds idiotic, and designed by someone who doesn't really have much of an understanding of what any of the topics they've attempted to bring up (not just here, but across the forum) are actually about. I mean, by reading the last line, you've basically "invented" this "sport" (hmm..) as you think that MMA is "boring"??? From your profile, you claim to train in MMA, but haven't had a fight yet… tell you what… after you have your first fight, see if you're grateful for the slower action in some tactics… until then, this is fantasy.

Chris, it's not a full blown putdown when you leave out "Son". I'm disappointed.

Argus

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Elder, in hurling, they can and do hit each other with the sticks...

Wait, I can hit people with sticks? And I don't even have to learn Kendo or join the SCA?

Where do I sign up? :D

...oh wait, I have to chase the ball around, don't I? :(

Cirdan

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm really not sure what you can say to someone who believes the Samurai rode tigers............

I think he has just been playing World of Warcraft a bit too much. And they are sabertooth tigers, even more awesome (still not real tho).

Commission_WoW_Tiger_Rider_by_LRCommissions.jpg

Latest Discussions