Would you eat it?

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Im grossed out just thinking about it. Ive ate some unusual things in my life but Im not sure Id want to try this

http://www.nbcnews.com/science/inte...-was-built-lab-hits-spot-6C10835460?gt1=43001

LONDON — After years of research and weeks of buildup, taste testers on Monday finally bit into a burger created from stem cells in a culture dish rather than meat from a farm or a store.
The burger was cooked in front of reporters and taste-tested by Chicago-based author and food writer Josh Schonwald and Austrian food researcher Hanni Rutzler.
Although they struggled to decide whether they liked the taste, both were pleasantly surprised at the texture and juicyness given the absence of natural fats.
"It wasn't unpleasant," said Schonwald.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You've eaten far worse, my friend. Mechanically Recovered Meat covers a multitude of offal that you wouldn't touch if you knew what it was.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score

Better of Ted was very funny. They had an entire episode about lab meat and it's awesome how close this resembles the "meat" they grew in their lab on the show.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
B

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
You've eaten far worse, my friend. Mechanically Recovered Meat covers a multitude of offal that you wouldn't touch if you knew what it was.
I know but as long as I'm ignorant to it I'm happy knowing what it is freaks me out.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Given a choice, I wouldn't eat it. I prefer to cook and eat as much from the farmer's market as I can, while minimizing processed foods and other unknowns.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
LOL, I'll wait till Wally World carries it... mixed with some pink slime/goo or whatever they called it...

For all you know they threw an intern into the meat grinder....

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
from what I hear about slaughter houses, this sounds a lot cleaner and less cruel...Although as Dennis Leary once said..."Meat tastes like murder, and murder tastes pretty damn good."

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
from what I hear about slaughter houses, this sounds a lot cleaner and less cruel...Although as Dennis Leary once said..."Meat tastes like murder, and murder tastes pretty damn good."

:lfao:
never pegged you for a bleeding heart!
When ever you pop something in the head and rip it's guts out, it won't be pretty!
You should not listen to leftist anarchist nuts like PETA and HSUS....

But it's like pellets or kibble for pet food...you have no idea what went in....and no way to check it...
If they screwed up in the lab, you might very well be eating humans....
:p

Latest Discussions