Would-Be Kidnapper Chases Woman Into Karate Dojo

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
or restrained.

Well, sometimes not so much...

I've personally seen someone on the floor with their hands cuffed behind their back fight and flail hard enough to fracture their own wrist and injure the 4 military police officers who were holding him down, or at least trying to.

And that was after being involved in a brawl and being forcibly restrained to be cuffed...

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Uhh, if he was stopped/koed it's unlikely he would try to assault anyone else.

You ever been koed? It takes the fight out of you. As does being unconscious, or restrained.

It's far more likely that the man held him off verbally or something similar, maybe a scuffle, until the cops arrived, but it made for a cool sounding headline.

Who knows though right? The article sort of glosses over the details.

I've knocked out any number of people over the years. Some of them wake up done, and some of them wake up still wanting to fight.

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
I've knocked out any number of people over the years. Some of them wake up done, and some of them wake up still wanting to fight.
In my experience the latter is EXTREMELY unlikely. And in the event it does happen, they are usually a rubbery wobbly mess.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
In my experience the latter is EXTREMELY unlikely. And in the event it does happen, they are usually a rubbery wobbly mess.

I think that is probably more true in competition. Beer muscles or meth muscles have a significant impact, for example.
And, just because they're not at 100% doesn't mean they won't need to be subdued again.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've seen the opposite. People who get knocked out seem raring to go once they're back up. They're not always able to go again, but the desire is still there.

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
I've seen the opposite. People who get knocked out seem raring to go once they're back up. They're not always able to go again, but the desire is still there.
That reminds me of something my grandpa used to say.

You can knock out a stupid man, but you can't knock the stupid OUT of a man.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It has happened in MMA matches, too - guys go down and are clearly out briefly, and they then attack the next person they see (often the ref).

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I’ve seen more concussions in sports than I can count.

The one thing that’s always true - you never know how they’re going to act. Many were “out of it” many weren’t. Some of them couldn’t tell you their own name, yet they were fighting to get back in there, figuratively and literally.

Bruce7

Black Belt
Reaction score
I’ve seen more concussions in sports than I can count.

The one thing that’s always true - you never know how they’re going to act. Many were “out of it” many weren’t. Some of them couldn’t tell you their own name, yet they were fighting to get back in there, figuratively and literally.

Sport: I total agree from my experience in sport with JR 137.
Tournament: In the old point days with no pads, knocking someone out was frowned upon.
Fights: When I knock someone off there feet, I left to keep from getting into trouble.
I did not stay around to see if he still wanted to fight, I was more worried about captains mass or worse.
Marines are a different, I have seen enough marines fight to know they never give up.

Last edited:

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Sport: I total agree from my experience in sport with JR 137.
Tournament: In the old point days with no pads, knocking someone out was frowned upon.
Fights: When I knock someone off there feet, I left to keep from getting into trouble.
I did not stay around to see if he still wanted to fight, I was more worried about captains mass or worse.
Marines are a different, I have seen enough marines fight to know they never give up.
Only problem with this fight is the sensei couldn’t leave. He was protecting his property

OP
Bill Mattocks

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well, sometimes not so much...

I've personally seen someone on the floor with their hands cuffed behind their back fight and flail hard enough to fracture their own wrist and injure the 4 military police officers who were holding him down, or at least trying to.

And that was after being involved in a brawl and being forcibly restrained to be cuffed...

This.

Latest Discussions