Worship Martial Arts

amit.sharma1228

White Belt
Reaction score
Dear friends,
A very good evening to all from London.
I wasn't great lover of this sports uptill my nephew started watching it.He is 10 years old and loves to watch it.

Iam 40 yrs old and have been a fitness freak for a last 20+ years.Off lately I developed daily dependence on alprazolam due to anxiety.

I do suffer with a golfers elbow on right hand for which I have taken the PRP injection.

I wish to gift my nephew a showreel of me doing some martial arts with summer saults,round kicks,double round kicks,speed punching,gymnaats and some beautified moves with good flexibility without applying to much pressure on the elbow.

I would appriciate a trainer who could teach a dummy fight and flexibility.

I would request some advice from some sports lover among you that which form to learn and from where in london on fast track basis..Though I personally would love to learn Jiu Jitshu....

Thanks all

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Dear friends,
I wasn't great lover of this sports uptill my nephew started watching it.He is 10 years old and loves to watch it.

Iam 40 yrs old and have been a fitness freak for a last 20+ years.Off lately I developed daily dependence on alprazolam due to anxiety.

I do suffer with a golfers elbow on right hand for which I have taken the PRP injection.

I wish to gift my nephew a showreel of me doing some martial arts with summer saults,round kicks,double round kicks,speed punching,gymnaats and some beautified moves with good flexibility without applying to much pressure on the elbow.

I would request some advice from some sports lover among you that which form to learn and from where in london on fast track basis..Though I personally would love to learn Jiu Jitshu....

Thanks all
is this for his 18th birthday?

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Dear friends,

Thanks all
Anyone who says they can teach you on a fast track basis isn't worth training with. There is no fast track. It takes years of dedication to be able to move well. Sure maybe in a few weeks you can learn some moves and film yourself but you wouldn't look great. Also jiu Jitsu isn't that exciting to watch unless you know what your looking for so if your goals to look good on film that's not the best option

Last edited:

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Anyone who says they can teach you on a fast track basis isn't worth training with. There is no fast track. It takes years of dedication to be able to move well. Sure maybe in a few weeks you can learn some moves and film yourself but you wouldn't look great. Also jiu Jitsu isn't that exciting to watch unless you know what your looking for so if your goals to look good on film that's not the best option

I have no idea what the time line would be. There might be a fast track.

OP
A

amit.sharma1228

White Belt
Reaction score
No offence but why would your nephew want a video of you doing marital arts moves....you want to give him a gift sign him up for a martial art class I think that'd make him a lot happier than a video of his uncle doing bruce lee impressions

Yeah I would have loved to but unfortunateky he is handicapped...Thats the reason I would wish to learn and make him feel proud..

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yeah I would have loved to but unfortunateky he is handicapped...Thats the reason I would wish to learn and make him feel proud..
And? You can stil train with that. I know a guy with only one arm and leg who does Jiu Jitsu, I know a guy in a wheel chair who can barely talk who does aikido, I've seen multiple people with autism and Down syndrome who train in different styles. Maybe it's not as easy but there's nothing stopping disabled people training

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Dear friends,

Thanks all

I think you misunderstanding ma and particularly tgat the amount of time it takes to look good never mind be good runs into years rather than weeks. If you were a dancer or an acrobat with good flexibility and co ordination, then someone could teach you ma moves as a dance or an acrobatic routeen. If you are,starting with out those advantages then you will look like a particular unco ordonated donkey for a good while

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Capoeira.

And find yourseld an acrobatics coach.

If what you want is showy and fun-to-watch, this is probably the fastest way to get to that. Maybe add in some Parkour. If you focus on the acrobatic movements of the three, you will get to showiness much faster than by training for actual fighting.

OP
A

amit.sharma1228

White Belt
Reaction score
If what you want is showy and fun-to-watch, this is probably the fastest way to get to that. Maybe add in some Parkour. If you focus on the acrobatic movements of the three, you will get to showiness much faster than by training for actual fighting.
Parkour+Acrobatic coaching with Capoeria makes a lot of sense

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Personally if I'm honest. If the kid is genuinely handicapped to where it's impossible to train Id find you giving him a video of /you/ doing martial arts kind of upsetting because he'd obviously want to do it but can't and seeing you do it will make him feel worse about the fact he can't. I mean that's how I'd feel if I couldn't train and someone went and showed me a video of them doing stuff.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Personally if I'm honest. If the kid is genuinely handicapped to where it's impossible to train Id find you giving him a video of /you/ doing martial arts kind of upsetting because he'd obviously want to do it but can't and seeing you do it will make him feel worse about the fact he can't. I mean that's how I'd feel if I couldn't train and someone went and showed me a video of them doing stuff.

It's a dad doing it for his son, he'll love it I promise. His dad will look like a superhero which is what every kid wants.

Latest Discussions