Woo Hoo

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
Guys,

I have been on a lucky streak. Before Christmas I was awarded my 2nd dan in Yudo and last week I passed my purple belt in hapkido. Rough test, but somehow I made it through it.

BTW: Not to get too off topic, but I began a Yudo class at our St. L school. It has grown from 1 to 15 regular. I have been in contact with some of the best Judoka in the St. L area. We are planning tournaments for our perspective schools. It is great.

Actually, no it is humbling. My father told me not too long ago "Son, you always did the best you could to help teach. Now you have a class and you care way more in the success of your students than you." I replied "Dad, I am the mayor." I just make sure the building is open so I can share knowledge."

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Guys,

I have been on a lucky streak. Before Christmas I was awarded my 2nd dan in Yudo and last week I passed my purple belt in hapkido. Rough test, but somehow I made it through it.

That's not luck, Matt - that's hard work! Congratulations! :asian:

morph4me

Goin' with the flow
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Congratulations Matt, Kacy's right, that isn't luck, that's perseverence, dedication, blood and sweat equity and well deserved.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Dude - you rock!!! Congratulations!!!

jlhummel

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
No luck at all exept for the kids and folks around you!!! Hard work all ways pays back!!

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Congrats my friend...Well done....