Wing Chun + Spear

profesormental

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Hehe!

Reminds me of the Arnold quote from Kindergarden Cop;

"Who is your Daddy, and what does he do?"

As I've stated before, the difference is the individual instructor, the knowledge and wisdom the instructor has and the potential of the instructor to pass on those learnings.

that is what matters. Or not.

Eru Ilúvatar

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Thats what I basicly wanted to say. Sure there are less difrences amon WT as it an organisation with a more or less standerdised curriculum. But as Profesor said it depends on the instructor. Now comparing WT and WC is also har becouse altho alot of wing chun falls under the name WT, allmost all other schools falll under the catagory WC. You can see the difrences between difren WC on youtube for example. I bet there is one where they jump during SLT. It would be easier if you told me to wich WC school would you want to compare the general WT theories/objectives or rather on which fields they put emphasis on.

Eru Ilúvatar

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Ok, I missed a post again :) Look Yoshi I don't know what the problem is still? As I said I think we train the same it's just a matter of defining same concepts difrently. Now to put it bluntly you're not gonna convince me on this particular point and it looks like I'm not gonna convince you either. So lets give it a rest shall we? It's obivous we interpret even a concept such as "ordinary" and basic principals of WC difrently. But who cares? We both condition our selves, train stamina, whatever. We even did it to a degree at our WC school. So I'm not realy sure what your trying to make me see?!

OP
Yoshiyahu

Yoshiyahu

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
So what do you guys think about cross training with a spear?

Eru Ilúvatar;1110819 said:
Thats what I basicly wanted to say. Sure there are less difrences amon WT as it an organisation with a more or less standerdised curriculum. But as Profesor said it depends on the instructor. Now comparing WT and WC is also har becouse altho alot of wing chun falls under the name WT, allmost all other schools falll under the catagory WC. You can see the difrences between difren WC on youtube for example. I bet there is one where they jump during SLT. It would be easier if you told me to wich WC school would you want to compare the general WT theories/objectives or rather on which fields they put emphasis on.

OP
Yoshiyahu

Yoshiyahu

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Aww interesting...I found that enjoyable..very interesting....here is video I ran arcoss today...I was chatting with Sihing. He has an interest in Gaun Dao. So I shared this video with him as well...check this video out tell me what you think?

But great video thanks for sharing!

Eru Ilúvatar;1114681 said:
Yoshi, check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXPZK_zILU0&feature=related. They don't acctualy use spears but intersting anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Discussions