Wing Chun Sparring Partner

IGOR_A

White Belt
Reaction score
Hello! I'm looking for Wing Chun sparring partner. Just for fun, good time and of course training. I live in South San Francisco. My experience is 10+ years. Write me, if you are interested.

Cephalopod

Green Belt
Reaction score
Hi Igor,
Hang out on the board for a while, share some views, let us know what kind a fellow you are.
You'll gain some credibility and more people from here might be willing to meet up with you.
Hell, I might. If you happen to travel up to Oregon.
Good luck!

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
There are several wing chun schools in the San Francisco area, are you connected to one of them? If not, that would be a good way to get some training partners and some further training.

OP
IGOR_A

IGOR_A

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi, thank you for your answers. Sorry, I have never made any video of myself. If I do, I'll share.
When you come to school, you should follow class. I respect all wing chun schools, but I found my teacher and want follow him. Unfortunetly, I can meet him only once a year now. So, I continue to train alone. Perhaps smb has the same situation, or just need extra training with partner or as I said before just for fun.

OP
IGOR_A

IGOR_A

White Belt
Reaction score
You can see the technic which I study in this moment from film:
Of course I can work in Chi Sao too :)

Eric_H

Black Belt
Reaction score
Hello! I'm looking for Wing Chun sparring partner. Just for fun, good time and of course training. I live in South San Francisco. My experience is 10+ years. Write me, if you are interested.

Hi Igor, are you the same one that runs the training group in Golden Gate Park? If so, I dropped by your class once, but felt my understanding of Wing Chun was too different to yours to be productive.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, thank you for your answers. Sorry, I have never made any video of myself. If I do, I'll share.
When you come to school, you should follow class. I respect all wing chun schools, but I found my teacher and want follow him. Unfortunetly, I can meet him only once a year now. So, I continue to train alone. Perhaps smb has the same situation, or just need extra training with partner or as I said before just for fun.
Any reason you want to have purely a wing chun sparring partner? If you are planning to spar with them, rather than learning/training from them, I would imagine a sparring partner from any discipline could be useful.

OP
IGOR_A

IGOR_A

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi Eric! Glad to hear from you! Yes, It's me. You know, I feel myself comfortable with people from any branch of Wing Chun, that's why I don't understand clearly what do you mean. If you feel that's working with me is not productive for you, It's ok. Everyone is going their own way. Anyway if you ever want to spar or practice Chi Sao, welcome, will be glad.

Last edited:
OP
IGOR_A

IGOR_A

White Belt
Reaction score
Sparring partners from other disciplines are of course useful, but Wing Chun partners are the best and most interesting for me.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It depends on what you are going to work on.
I'm not sure that answers my question, Igor. I'm genuinely curious why you find sparring with a WC person more interesting. I find sparring with people from my primary art fun and useful, but they are easier to predict (thus, less learning for me and a bit less interesting) than when sparring with someone with experience elsewhere.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Sparring partners from other disciplines are of course useful, but Wing Chun partners are the best and most interesting for me.
Personally I find sparring different styles much more interesting because I'm more likely to see something new that I haven't seen before

Latest Discussions