Wing Chun in Kentucky?

Nautavac

White Belt
Reaction score
I am looking for wing chun instruction in Kentucky. As close to Somerset, Ky as possible, and prefferably from a legitimate lineage. Anyone know of such an instructor/school/teacher. I am really open to the possibility of instruction from a student of such an instructor as well. I really want to learn wing chun, and would also like some suggestions as to what lineage would be practical (perhaps I should say what flavor of WC focuses on real combat application). Thank you in advance.

yak sao

Senior Master
Reaction score
I teach a small group in Louisville. I also have a student in Campbellsville, I don't think that's too far from you.

We practice Wing Tsun, which is Leung Ting lineage taught to me by 2 different sifus: Sifu Emin Boztepe and Sifu Allan Fong.

Here's a couple of links so you can get an idea of what we're about.

https://www.facebook.com/wingtsunboxingclub

Chinese Boxing Club#

OP
N

Nautavac

White Belt
Reaction score
Thank you Sifu for the information. Campbellsville is still a pretty good distance, and I have a family to consider as well. I have noticed several remarks about Mr. Leung Ting. Could we perhaps pm each other for more info?

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Thank you Sifu for the information. Campbellsville is still a pretty good distance, and I have a family to consider as well. I have noticed several remarks about Mr. Leung Ting. Could we perhaps pm each other for more info?

Nautavac-- I only know Yak Sau from this forum. But on that basis alone I can confidently recommend that you try to visit his class and check it out in person. As far as all the politics and gossip about Leung Ting, some things may be true, some may not be. Who cares. His Wing Chun (or "Wing Tsun") is totally legit. Some of the best WC people around today trained in his system. There are also some lousy people. Like anything else, you need to check it out for yourself.

Disclaimer: In the interest of full disclosure, I should state that I was a student of Leung Ting for about a dozen years back in the 80s. But regardless, whatever I say is the absolute truth and totally objective. Honestly! :lol:

mook jong man

Senior Master
Reaction score
l'm not a student of Leung Ting either.

I only know Yak Sao from this forum as well , but in my interactions with him , the man knows what the hell he is talking about.

You would be mad if you didn't go to his place and study under him.

Latest Discussions