Why Why Why?

OP
S

SolidTiger

Some people call fighting styles weak and useless because that style is not working for them. The styles that you think is better is the styles that you can proform with the most effectiveness, but that same style someone else would call weak and uneffective. Everyone is differant and have their own way they like to fight, Some of us have great kicks and some of us have great punches.
Some of us have both combined, I think that each style was made for a purpose, and whatever your purpose is from self defense to a career. The style or styles that you are good at or you think is the best, might not be the best for other people. It's
more of the skill of the fighter in that art.

Thank You

SolidTiger

OP
K

Kirk

I'm seriously curious here. Non MMAers have chimed in with
theories , yet no MMAers will reply. I'm seriously curious
here!

Yari

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
while the ying and yang move around, there is a middle point that always stand stil. This is the core you. From this core this come out, not rights and wrongs, but movments and choices. These split up in more choices and movements. But from all these you can only do one, but that doesn't make the rest wrong. The only wrong you can do is if you try do do all, then you'll being all wrong and no one right.

So depending on who you are (the core you) you should be doing something that fits, or you'll be doing everthing "wrong". But if it does fit you, you'll always be doing "right".

So this is my basis for saying you can't say that a style is better or worse than another. And you can't say that 1 techinque is better than another. Stating that you want an answer for that question, is saying that you havn't found your center (core), and therfor stating that you don't know what your talking about.

I don't always understand why, but sometimes you have to ask, just to learn. And talking to people who totaly agree with your self doesn't trigger the "correct" answers. But I feel there are a few poeple who come out as young smart asses more than honest questions.

/sorry for the philosophical aproach, and the long answer

/yari

OP
K

Kirk

Originally posted by Yari

Stating that you want an answer for that question, is saying that you havn't found your center (core), and therfor stating that you don't know what your talking about.

But I feel there are a few people who come out as young smart asses more than honest questions.

Are you talking about me??? I'm not young!

OP
B

Bushido

It is not my intention to be confrontational, I just want to make peoples "think" their training and not only "take" what people gives to them, like a sponge. Some people are very close-minded toward martial arts and alot live in a fantasy world. Sorry, but it is a fact. I dont talk about you or someone in particular, but in general. I'm not trash-talking about any martial arts. If you understand the core of my words, you will see that I agree that there is "good" in every style, but why practicing with fragments when we can have the whole? THAT is my speech.

There are some techniques that work for real and there are some that do not work. People got to be aware of that and analyse what and how they "absorb". There is NO superior style, just superior training.

I will finish with a Bruce Lee quote:

"Some martial arts are very popular, real crown pleasers, because they look good, have smooth techniques. But beware. They are like wine that has been watered. A diluted wine is not a real wine, not a good wine, hardly the genuine article.

Some martial arts dont look so good, but you know that they have a kick, a tang, a genuine taste. They are like olives. The taste may be strong and bitter-sweet. The flavor lasts. You cultivate a taste for them. No one ever developped a taste for diluted wine."

Latest Discussions