Why underwear?

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
honestly though, about underwear...

it'll be about 20 degrees below zero tomorrow and only God knows how cold the wind chill will be....we need every single layer of clothing we can get up here...

Feisty Mouse

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Protect outer clothing?

Demure allure (or lack thereof)?

Ability to ride up one's butt, allowing one to try and retrieve underwear from one's own butt-hold?

I watched a PBS show on being a Roman centurion - they had underwear for the guys, although basically they looked like cotton diapers - a loincloth looped between the legs.

Dr. Kenpo

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Cause maybe if we get caught with our pants down?

If you live in Scottsdale, AZ with the Goldendragon, ya don't need any with that dry heat!:rolleyes:

Adept

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
loki09789 said:
walked the final 20 mile road march in boot camp behind a guy who REFUSED to wear underwear because he thought it would help 'ventilate' his nethers in the N.Carolina heat and prevent jock itch....

By the time we finished the road march he had chaffed and bled through his Cammie pants down to mid thigh from chaffing against the seams in the pants/gusset area....

VERY ugly.
Oh good god. I'm getting sympathy pains. Still, I bet he never did that again.

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
IMO, to protect the outerwear and to prefent chaffing.

p.s.-Paul M. I tried commando one day in the box at JRTC (Ft. Polk.). Caught a chaffing that lasted weeks into the Bos...never again.

loki09789

Senior Master
Reaction score
Tgace said:
IMO, to protect the outerwear and to prefent chaffing.

p.s.-Paul M. I tried commando one day in the box at JRTC (Ft. Polk.). Caught a chaffing that lasted weeks into the Bos...never again.
EWWWWWW! THat's an image that I won't be able to get out of my head for a while. Please understand if I can't pair up with you during drills in class for a while :).

I got a bad case of the 'foot fungies' in the Bos that was fun to use when I wanted some privacy in the C Huts. Whip out the old 'green toe' and start treating it with powder/lotion and suddenly everyone had somewhere else to be....that was an upside to a downside scene.

kenpo tiger

Senior Master
Reaction score
Nothing worn under a kilt. (Don't ask!)

Why do we wear underwear? For some strange reason, most men find it exciting, especially if it's black, or red, or see-through...

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
kenpo tiger said:
Why do we wear underwear? For some strange reason, most men find it exciting, especially if it's black, or red, or see-through...
Pink is alright too.........

Oh, oops...thought we were talking about what we like to wear.....

:uhyeah:

R

raedyn

kenpo tiger said:
most men find it exciting, especially if it's black, or red, or see-through...
Or in any other way completely useless, but pretty. :)

kenpo tiger

Senior Master
Reaction score
Raedyn and Biggie: stop! You're both right!

Biggie, I'm sure you look adorable in pink, but not with a white dobuk...

I used to have to stand behind a girl who wore dark colored thongs under her gi. Didn't do much for me, especially since she didn't have a nice butt... Now you guys who wear tidy whities under the white gi. Boxers hide it better.

Ender

Black Belt
Reaction score
Reminds me of that joke,

A woman says to her husband she's not wearing undies. He thinks to himself "sexy!"

A man says to his wife he's not wearing undies, she thinks to herself "damn, I'm gonna have to wash those pants twice!"

Latest Discussions