Why the hate between TMA and MMA?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well I was shooting on the low side, about 5 feet.

I'm five feet four in my stocking ( black ones, I'm in touch with my feminine side) feet, and I actually didn't understand what you said, I assume it was either slang or an Americanism.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I'm five feet four in my stocking ( black ones, I'm in touch with my feminine side) feet, and I actually didn't understand what you said, I assume it was either slang or an Americanism.

If it was an Americanism...I didn't understand it either.... and I'm American :D

mograph

Master of Arts
Reaction score
It's Murican :D. My diet is mostly proteins such as chicken but there is a lot of grains in it too. Like rice and noodles, I think that's the issue, before westernization they ate pork and fish mostly. Then westernization came and Polynesians grew outward.

The more I am able to cut grains from my diet the more weight I seem to drop, and when it comes back in my diet it comes back very quickly.
I hear ya ... we know what to do, but the other stuff calls to us.

Gotta love the internet: it has everything! WHO | Pacific islanders pay heavy price for abandoning traditional diet

JP3

Master Black Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In my opinion, you should read less and more realistic combat arts, maybe Boxing but not the Cardio Boxing kind. That'd be a good, offsetting thought structure for you.
Little boy, I think I had 5 years in the Thai-boxing gym in before you were born.

JP3

Master Black Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm just pointing out your hypocrisy. Sounds like you just confirmed it right here.
That's a big word and everything. Unfortunately, you are not using it correctly. By the time you're out of 10th grade and through with English II, I'm sure the teacher will have it corrected.

JP3

Master Black Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey man, I didn't mean to get personal like that with my previous comment. I was just messing around. I apologize.
That silence you hear, or don't hear actually, is the stunned amazement of everyone who just read that post.

JP3

Master Black Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity what art or arts does Jp3 train?

In the dim annals of history? Well, that's a bit much since there's older guys whose opinions on here I respect... whom I shall not call out. Maybe I should say just the annals of history, as the lights are still on in that building and it is environmentally sound.

But... for now? , I train in the unknown art of John-do. No one, not even me, knows what it is or where it came from.

...c'mon... that's funny...

In truth, right now I'm training in judo/BJJ mix (just what we do in class) and aikijutsu with a peace officer "spin," I guess I'd call it. It ain't all that "flowy... blending then terminating. The cops can't be seen to punch folks so we don't do that, at least not right now. I do remember how, though. It's hard to forget the boxing drills. And OMG the thousands of hours of TKD kata.... Ow, now my brain hurts. Poomse poomse poomsepoomsepoomsepoomse

Sort of like the nightclub sounds, oontz oontz oontz oontz , except not as much bump & grind.

Ironbear24

Senior Master
Reaction score
In the dim annals of history? Well, that's a bit much since there's older guys whose opinions on here I respect... whom I shall not call out. Maybe I should say just the annals of history, as the lights are still on in that building and it is environmentally sound.

But... for now? , I train in the unknown art of John-do. No one, not even me, knows what it is or where it came from.

...c'mon... that's funny...

In truth, right now I'm training in judo/BJJ mix (just what we do in class) and aikijutsu with a peace officer "spin," I guess I'd call it. It ain't all that "flowy... blending then terminating. The cops can't be seen to punch folks so we don't do that, at least not right now. I do remember how, though. It's hard to forget the boxing drills. And OMG the thousands of hours of TKD kata.... Ow, now my brain hurts. Poomse poomse poomsepoomsepoomsepoomse

Sort of like the nightclub sounds, oontz oontz oontz oontz , except not as much bump & grind.

Ok so many arts. Sounds cool.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I sincerely hope you guys are smiling as you type those posts, because from the sideline, it makes me smile to read it. As @Tez3 always says, I'm reading this as friendly back and forth, like "mates" (not in the American sense)... taking the piss with each other... errr... that just seems wrong, but whatever. :D

FriedRice

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
That's a big word and everything. Unfortunately, you are not using it correctly. By the time you're out of 10th grade and through with English II, I'm sure the teacher will have it corrected.

No argument, just crying again, old man?

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Yup, I was right

giphy.gif

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Above is my point about diets. You can try to remove the hard work out of it with clever theorys. But the weight doesn't come off if you do.