Why Silat?

infinite beginner

Purple Belt
Reaction score
no two techniques are the same.for example the puter kapala etc doesnt really exist each time it must be created anew and given random circumstances it wont be created the exact way twice.when you enter what is it you are entering into ? .everything

infinite beginner

Purple Belt
Reaction score
It's not enough to break the balance,you need to take the balance
Balance is the center.you steer them like a bicycle.

infinite beginner

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Im speaking of structure the concept is always 360 degrees If your structure can cover and occupy more than four directions at one time then you dont need silat.or anything.sure its possible to hit any line from any position but to strike with full power we are limited by structure.

infinite beginner

Purple Belt
Reaction score
It would seem that unless you are a chicken or a spider you never know
what is coming behind you.I say we are responsible for 360 but are lucky to take in more than 180.and when we need to turn we are trading one 180 blind spot for another.360 is imperceptible it is a term of awareness
for how well the structure is loaded to cover that perpetual blind spot.

infinite beginner

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Structure. something made up of interdependent parts in a definite pattern of organization.M.W.Structure is what lets you strike like lightning!

Jimi

Black Belt
Reaction score
What Clarity:) Though I dislike this guys ecsentric speak, the points are valid, but not exclusive to Silat. Keep engaging him Ben, he might spit out something of use. PEACE

infinite beginner

Purple Belt
Reaction score
thru all the eccentricity Im glad its simple enough you can understand it.and that,s exactly what I write clear valid useless points.

kuntawguro

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
thru all the eccentricity Im glad its simple enough you can understand it.and that,s exactly what I write clear valid useless points.

AHA!
Now please stop posting 1 liners 4 in a row- if you have something of "Value" to share please do, just don't play Mr. Miyagi with us- we don't need that- it is annoying to say the least.

infinite beginner

Purple Belt
Reaction score
your passive annoyance doesnt impress me there's no value in saying nothing We are talking silat Now, You say something of value to the art.

Jdokan

Black Belt
Reaction score

infinite beginner

Purple Belt
Reaction score
if you have rear view mirrors on your glasses then I believe you can always see behind you .silat is a multiple opponent art why do you think they are always looking around.why are the juru motions so wide not for one person.no one has their own back.remember that.know that it is your worst weakness.

infinite beginner

Purple Belt
Reaction score
okay, say your surounded, they all attack at once, thats silat.you strike in 4 directions because by physical design you only have 4 sides to defend and protect .you intercept on those lines you worry about those lines you maintain defense thru cutting and carving your own lines not theirs.