Why Silat?

infinite beginner

Purple Belt
Reaction score
all the motions of silat are strange and unorthadox. the effects are just as strange and un expected its hard to see all that goes into just one motion.an elbow is a million things.and an elbow

infinite beginner

Purple Belt
Reaction score
the ideal effect is to drop the attacker where they stand , in the shortest time, using the least motion.extra motion is extra time and extra power and one must be wisely sacrificed for the other.

infinite beginner

Purple Belt
Reaction score
like lightning the opponent is never in the same place twice, making favoritism of technique difficult beyond demonstration.

Jimi

Black Belt
Reaction score
The Sapu's all have a life of their own. A moving foundation settles no roots. A moving root is never uprooted except by itself. Only when it wants to uproot another root. Wait a minute!?, now I am confused again! Ok, The elbow is a shield that strikes like a sword so never sharpen your sword when you can polish your shield. Oh, Wait. It is a sin not to remove your targets from your enemies reach, It is also a sin never to reach your opponents targets if he gifts them to you. Always Lightning before Thunder. Always shield before sword. Always rice before lumpia:) I hope I am getting to understand infinite beginner. PEACE

infinite beginner

Purple Belt
Reaction score
if in the middle of any technique there is a knee or an elbow that is the real end of the technique.but only if you are rooted in movement.

Jimi

Black Belt
Reaction score
But sadly a trees roots can not step or slide or pivot, although mine can. Step, pivot & switch and my enemies fall like toppling trees. Get it? LANKA! LOL. Silat is all.

Jimi

Black Belt
Reaction score
Is that to say that Kali is not? Or that Krabi Krabong is not? Silat is only as deadly as those who train it. To contradict my previous statement, SILAT is not all. A Filipino stick choke can kill (If applied long enough) just as effectively as a Silat Puter Kapala wrenching to a neck break. I too love Silat infinite beginner, but you have not given me any insight beyond one who has read about Silat. I have shaken hands with Herman Suwanda (Rest In Peace) & have been tied in knots by Dan Inosanto (Also Paula Inosanto for that matter). Bukti Negara, Mande Muda & MaPhilIndo Silat have been engraved upon my heart. Give us some other insight than that sounding like fortune cookie speak. I expect an answer that will sound as if spoken by the Abbott of Shaoilin itself. I am not taking Silat lightly at all, and I love it's beautiful skills, but to speak like you have posted does not give me any real reason to think you have realy trained it. I could say, Krabi Krabong is a dealdy art, in training one must be very careful or very skilled. LOL. Now I expect an answer like "I understand about universal overlap" I am hoping to draw a response that will show me that you have something real about Silat to discuss. A HOUNDRED QUESTIONS WILL ONLY ELICIT A THOUSAND MORE. LOL. Engraved upon my heart until the end. PEACE JIMI

infinite beginner

Purple Belt
Reaction score
talk is cheap written word's cheaper the last thing I want to do is prove anything.my words are up for all to see and make of them what they will

infinite beginner

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Silat is many things to many people perhaps the most diversified of any art cause style's differed from tribe to tribe island to island.Its an ancient warriors art preserved and passed down .its not something you would want your worst enemy out there to have deep insights into,or even for those you dont personally know and trust.

Jimi

Black Belt
Reaction score
What do you think of Silat entries? Have you anything to discuss on that, or am I an enemy you don't trust with your insights of centuries old arts preserved and passed down? (With my years in Silat & other Inosanto curriculum arts, I see how you must think I am gonna pick your brain here on this forum for the secrets of Silat) I was trying to see if you wanted to discuss Silat or preach. With the way you just posted, you gave me the insight I was looking for. I have no issue with wether or not you have trained much in Silat, just wanted to see your purpose in posting. Now you are not preaching just Silat, but preaching to the choir. Not asking to be THANKED on this forum, just wanted clear discussion, not vague statements sounding like insight. Start discussing Silat and you will find I am not so uptight. :) Waiting for something substantial to discuss.

infinite beginner

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Look ,aren't we are all face less paper tigers ,in computerland. that said. 99.9 % of the art is entry you might have a big house but with out the keys your locked out.

infinite beginner

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Every technique is flawed by unexpected response.the ultimate ideal is to become unlimited in your motion the jurus provide a platform and a passageway of constantly discovering and eliminating limitations.

infinite beginner

Purple Belt
Reaction score
silat does not block. instead there is deflection so that the other absorb's the shock. it takes very little energy to deflect, you steal and direct the force upon contact then continue a striking line.

zeeberex

Green Belt
Reaction score
silat does not block. instead there is deflection so that the other absorb's the shock. it takes very little energy to deflect, you steal and direct the force upon contact then continue a striking line.

someone made a post about deflecting the punch, my reponse was along this line of thought

Franc0

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Look , 1. aren't we are all face less paper tigers ,in computerland. that said. 2. 99.9 % of the art is entry you might have a big house but with out the keys your locked out.

1. Speak for yourself. Some spend more time training than in computerland posting fortune cookie quotes.
2. Wrong again. All phases should be equal. If your follow through is weak, your entry is useless.

:asian:
Franco

infinite beginner

Purple Belt
Reaction score
entry is everything the rest is hallucination.I guess its not important if you dont mind getting punched in the face while your closing range .its all a matter of perspective to each his own.

Franc0

Purple Belt
Reaction score
entry is everything the rest is hallucination.

To put it as eloquently as possible, I am flabbergasted at the complete and total anally inserted cranium directed logic of that statement :barf:, thus making complete sense of the experience & stature of your username.
Have a nice day,

Franco

Latest Discussions