Why Do We Forget History So Easily?

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
[yt]RNqRwOOTB50[/yt]

I know Indian history in the broad sweep reasonably well but I had forgotten almost completely just how tragic Partition was.

billc

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sukerkin, we have people who have already forgotten what happened here with the attack on 9/11, anything past that is ancient, ancient history...

Takai

Senior Master
Reaction score
Sukerkin, we have people who have already forgotten what happened here with the attack on 9/11, anything past that is ancient, ancient history...

To use the old adage...then we are doomed to repeat it.....Tragically.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
There are historical actions that are not politically correct to bring up, because of how they may make people look, i.e., the Rape of Nanking, the brutal way allied POW's were treated by the Japanese military in WWII, Muslim atrocities over the centuries, including 9/11/01. What is saddening to me, is how fast things are brushed under the rug and facts are obfuscated, i.e., Major Hasan's screaming Allahu Ackbar as he murdered on Fort Hood. You don't need to look too far, Sukerkin, look to the US Consulate in Benghazi, how will it's attack be remembered in history?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who remembers the real first Gulf war, the one in Oman and Dhofar in the 1970's when British servicemen were fighting and being killed? Aden, Cyprus, even Northern Ireland. For Americans the 1983 bombing of the barracks in Beirut.