who asks for information

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My son and I where approached to instruct some basic techniques to a few rather highly ranked black belts ( in a different style) the other day. I was wondering just who usually asks you for instruction in the way things are done in the FMA. Is it people from other systems that want to add to their inventory of techniques, law enforcement personal, people who work in high stress situations, etc.?

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
My son and I where approached to instruct some basic techniques to a few rather highly ranked black belts ( in a different style) the other day. I was wondering just who usually asks you for instruction in the way things are done in the FMA. Is it people from other systems that want to add to their inventory of techniques, law enforcement personal, people who work in high stress situations, etc.?

I've had people from other arts inquire about Arnis or the FMAs in general, as well as people who don't have any formal training, and are just curious about the arts.

Mike

Cebu West

Blue Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
When the head of a school from another art form asks for information on FMA it's usually to give their upper belts something new so they keep interested in training. We also have something they all want, weapons.

Sal

OP
tshadowchaser

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I find that most ask for stick or knife work because they do not cover it within their system

stickarts

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Its been a mix for me but the majority of students already have experience in another art. They are looking for something to compliment what they know or for just something new and different.

Latest Discussions