Which is your preferred weapon?

kidswarrior

Senior Master
Reaction score
Nunchaku require control like any other weapon, except that it's a flail so the method of control is different. Don't mean to come on too strong but you can't disprove something on opinion, as someone will have an opposite view. I would never say it's the best melee weapon, just that it's my favorite (and my best as it's what I train in). Anyway, they are good for more than show. If you don't agree, that's the best part of being human. Thank you guys for your opinions though and I'm sorry if I missunderstood anyone or have been missunderstood. Just hate seeing something I'm passionate about shot down and tend to defend something that means a lot to me.

You gotta express what you're passionate about. And even if the whole world disagrees, at least by doing so we keep our integrity intact. I know I've been taken to task, yes right here on the Friendly Forum (shocking! :eek:) for some particular view, or technique or other, which the majority considered 'unrealisitic' or promised 'wouldn't work'. Yet I've worked it/them over and over, so who's right? The most opinionated or well-read responder (read: loudest voice)? No. As you said, just different experiences. And as Sukerkin said, this is an opinion thread, so no wrong answers.

So I respect you for your stance, though I respectfuly disagree with your choice :), and wish you continued success with the 'Chucks'. :asian:

Em MacIntosh

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Xue, there are things unsaid that are assumed and I took what you said into consideration. I wasn't really commenting on what you said, I was more concerned with a few other posts I saw.
Kidswarrior, cheers. I've said it in another post that if I can prove to myself that it's effective, I shouldn't be so concerned with what other people think. I just felt a couple people pushed my buttons with a "doesn't work. period" kind of remark (MY perception, as always). I also train with the escrima sticks and agree thay are effective, but I'm still better with the chucks.

Now that I have made my stance on the chucks clear, I don't plan on debating with the sceptics about specifics. They are fully correct to be sceptical. I just wanted to make my point clear. Thanks again guys.

MaartenSFS

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I forgot to mention steel war fans... Great for slaying attackers AND for decreasing body temperature. And mine has a beautiful 双龙 (Shuanglong - Double dragon) and the characters 功夫 written on it. And it's black/shiny steel coloured, so if you opened it in the night it could be quite intimidating. ;) Though mine lacks blades..

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
I forgot to mention steel war fans... Great for slaying attackers AND for decreasing body temperature. And mine has a beautiful ?? (Shuanglong - Double dragon) and the characters ?? written on it. And it's black/shiny steel coloured, so if you opened it in the night it could be quite intimidating. ;) Though mine lacks blades..

And you carry that around with you while out and about? :uhoh:

Em MacIntosh

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
No point rolling backward. Hurts are part of nunchuck training. They litterally beat the training into your skull. Every time I hit myself, I really don't want it to happen again. This must be combined with persistance. It's not the first time, nor is it the last. If you train with "rubbachucks" you don't learn not to hit yourself, you only learn the mechanics.

Latest Discussions