whats next for kimbo slice ?

bluekey88

Senior Master
Reaction score
Get a group discount on the Foreman Grill, the Kimbo Slice (you can even cut a tin can with it...but you wouldn't want to!) and the Slapchop. That's a trifecta of ugly looking pitchmen if ever there was one!

Peace,
Erik

chinaboxer

Green Belt
Reaction score
his last match in TUF, that he lost, was pretty unimpressive on his part. i don't see how he's improved from his first MMA debut. Dana White made it out as if Kimbo did a really good job, but i didn't see that. i saw a stand up fighter get taken down easily and pretty much man handled into submission. IMO Kimbo is lucky that the other fighter wasn't a serious ground and pounder or else Kimbo would have really gotten hurt bad. He didn't shrimp, he didnt buck, he didn't do anything on the ground to improve his position. Even the referee was generous to Kimbo, trying to give him a chance to keep going.

Dana White will try and milk him for all he's worth, since he smells dollar signs. He will most likely bring him back to fight again, and they will somehow rig it so that he gets a contract, which will lead to a big payday for Kimbo and a UFC fight. which is what Dana White wants. We'll just have to see i guess...

Jin

donjitsu2

White Belt
Reaction score
Standup is obviously his strength. However, he has no takedown defense or ground game. According to Bas Rutten Kimbo basically refuses to train those two aspects of a fight saying, "It won't go to the ground."

He seems like a nice guy but think he has too much pride when it comes to his standup game - thinking it is all he needs to be successful. If he can be convinced otherwise he could be a pretty good mixed martial artist. Though the UFC is still too much for him and he will never be of that caliber.

OP
suicide

suicide

Black Belt
Reaction score
Standup is obviously his strength. However, he has no takedown defense or ground game. According to Bas Rutten Kimbo basically refuses to train those two aspects of a fight saying, "It won't go to the ground."

He seems like a nice guy but think he has too much pride when it comes to his standup game - thinking it is all he needs to be successful. If he can be convinced otherwise he could be a pretty good mixed martial artist. Though the UFC is still too much for him and he will never be of that caliber.

well the way he lost on tuf was a bad look for him :wavey:

DeLamar.J

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Kimbo has alot of potential. Its just that he has went from fighting the average street thug to fighting martial artists. So he is fighting a whole new caliber of fighters that he is not used to. Of course he is going to struggle a bit while learning. People are way to hard on that guy.