Kimbo Slice?

OP
AceHBK

AceHBK

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Tank vs Kimbo

Thanks for the youtube link.
You know I don't know what to say or think about this fight.

If Kimbo would have lost we all would be saying how garbage he is and a drunk and old washed and beaten up Tank Abbot laid the smack down on him.

If he wins then we say Tank was garbage and he should have beaten him and this fight proves nothing and the old tank woulda laid into Kimbo.

Kimbo won and some will say maybe the repeated back of the head shots had something to do with it because after those hits, Tank looked out of it. I will just hold off on judgement till I see another fight. The guy can brawl but what will happen when he gets put on his back is another story.

Last edited by a moderator:

swiftpete

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Oh that wouldn't be a problem, I'd know exactly what to do in that situation.

RUUUUUUUUUUUNNNN!!!!!!!!

Tank didn't look very up to scratch there, he looked like he didnt even really get started before it was all over. I actually felt a bit sorry for him as he looked a bit defenseless. I think it might've been a good idea for him to do a bit of training beforehand.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Oh that wouldn't be a problem, I'd know exactly what to do in that situation.

RUUUUUUUUUUUNNNN!!!!!!!!

Tank didn't look very up to scratch there, he looked like he didnt even really get started before it was all over. I actually felt a bit sorry for him as he looked a bit defenseless. I think it might've been a good idea for him to do a bit of training beforehand.

I would agree also Tank is probaly not doing much as far as training goes these day, I beleive this was just something for him to make a few dollars and keep his name out there a little.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looked to me like Tank didn't take the fight at all seriously. He didn't look like he was anywhere near fit to fight.

Kimbo's cleaned up his boxing/striking. It was a clean KO; straight right on the button. But, I agree with those who say that the shots to the back of the head set him up. Those two or three shots when the ref warned Kimbo surely made Tank wobbly. And he took a couple others along the way that weren't as likely deliberate.

Skip Cooper

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I think he has no place in the UFC...he made his name fighting bums in fixed streetfights.

If he fights in the UFC he should have to earn the right like any other up and coming fighter, he shouldnt be given and easy ride just based on his name and rep.

and to be fair...he's not nearly good enough i think he would get creamed in the UFC....lets be honest fighting Tank Abbot is one thing, abbot hasnt been fighting fit in years but fighting even the middle ranked UFC heavyweights would give him more then enough trouble.

Has Tank Abbot ever been fighting fit? In the early days, I remember him and his beer belly knocking people out. It wasn't until he fought people who could evade his strikes and weather the storm, only to see him gas and get choked out.

thetruth

Black Belt
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of Kimbo. It's nice that he is training hard and trying to make some money but I don't think he is the sort of person who will create much interest outside of those who have seen his thug *** on you tube. Given the spray Dana gave the guys who had a fist fight (and got booted) in the TUF series I doubt he would want to promote or align himself with someone with Kimbo's background. Brock Lesner was a great athlete who is known worldwide through his entertainment career with wwe. He has a squeaky clean background and is perfect for the UFC's image. As for Brock fighting Kimbo well I think Brock would clean him up. He's bigger, stronger and would easily take him down and pound his ***.

Cheers
Sam:asian:

Skip Cooper

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of Kimbo. It's nice that he is training hard and trying to make some money but I don't think he is the sort of person who will create much interest outside of those who have seen his thug *** on you tube. Given the spray Dana gave the guys who had a fist fight (and got booted) in the TUF series I doubt he would want to promote or align himself with someone with Kimbo's background. Brock Lesner was a great athlete who is known worldwide through his entertainment career with wwe. He has a squeaky clean background and is perfect for the UFC's image. As for Brock fighting Kimbo well I think Brock would clean him up. He's bigger, stronger and would easily take him down and pound his ***.

Cheers

And Lesnar wouldn't have to worry about leg locks from Kimbo. ;)

kailat

Green Belt
Reaction score
HOLY $%*@ I didn't see that one coming... So TANK about got knocked the "BLEEP" out!! Who's the BiATch NOW!!!! LOL

I'll have to admit I thought Tank would put Kimbo in his place!! I think Kimbo is gonna have to be watched.. His hands are def on point!!

GEESH!!

thetruth

Black Belt
Reaction score
HOLY $%*@ I didn't see that one coming... So TANK about got knocked the "BLEEP" out!! Who's the BiATch NOW!!!! LOL

I'll have to admit I thought Tank would put Kimbo in his place!! I think Kimbo is gonna have to be watched.. His hands are def on point!!

GEESH!!

How old is Tank? He must be well into his 40's so for him to be beaten by a younger guy who is also a brawler is no surprise. Tank lost any sheen he had when guys actually started training propersly and weren't just punching on.

Cheers

Doc_Jude

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score

GEESH!!

I had absolutely no doubts.