What would you buy?

zepedawingchun

Black Belt
Reaction score
I "spar with you" :boxing: cause there IS spring action going on there. When you hit/punch/palm the jong in an straight line, the impact cause it to move backward (displacement), ... and does it not SPRRRING back to its original position when the force had dissipated ... visualize releasing an compressed SPRING. :p

I can, I do, and I have visualized and I'm sorry wtxs, what that dummy is doing is not springing, but shaking or swinging. I've played with enough solidly mounted and free standing jongs (almost 30 years) to know the difference just by looking at it's movement. It does not spring back. Yes it returns, most likely because it has no where else to go. And it is free standing, so the base is probably lifting in the front (look at it, not big enough for the person to stand on it when practicing) a 1/4 of an inch off the soft ground (look at the surroundings) and then returns quickly. But what it is doing is not springing back. When a jong springs back. it should practically stick to you. This jong returns about quarter of a tick (1/8 - 1/4 second) back to it's original position, which is upright.

Look at the rails that hold the jong and where they are mounted to the frame. There is no flex (which causes the springing action I'm talking about) because where they are mounted is too close to the jong. From the dummy to the frame the rail is too short. So the only other place the jong has to flex is the frame. Now look really good at how sturdy the frame is. There is no way you of I could get the frame to flex or spring considering how sturdy it is by just striking the jong. But the base will move and shake because it is not solidly mounted. The dummy and frame are not heavy enough to prevent the metal(?) base from lifting and swaying when contacted with a decent amount of force. The movement you see is because the frame is mounted in one location on each side of the base which allows the frame and base to lift or swing when force is applied. Remember the old toy saying, 'Weebles wobble but they don't fall down!'. He just has a big weeble.

wtxs

Brown Belt
Reaction score
This jong returns about quarter of a tick (1/8 - 1/4 second) back to it's original position, which is upright.

However minute, it spring sprang sprung back to its original position ... Just playing with you man ... :p

Latest Discussions