What type of martial arts...

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Oh no, I can hear the orderlies approaching. Everyone, quiet now, and if they ask if you have seen 'Exile', just shake your head "No!"!!!

I was hoping to find a youtube video showing a Kenpo Man with such fast hands. All of the videos that I saw, though, showed only instuction, not so much a demonstration of those fast hands.

The only one that is close to what I hoped to find was this one Paul Mills:

Be sure to watch until the very last, because then you see Ed Parker. Can someone dare say that they will have to "wait around" for this type of technique to be done? No. Practice is at one speed, and the execution for self defense is much faster, it is like LIGHTNING! BAM!!! One count!

There is no "one, two, three" counts, it is ONE! BAM!

Here, here is another one, that is much longer, but if you need evidence, watch this clip:

Now, you can see that Mr. Paul Mills demonstrates by hitting the assistants that he uses. You can see how the strikes make the opponent bend over, and so on. They are tough students that do not mind being hit in this way, and you can see how these motions work, with the natural reactions.

Now, who will say that you will have to "wait around" for this technique??? Whoever messes with this guy is going to be nothing but a bag of broken bones by the time they hit the floor!!!

:eek:

Hello, It is great to do demo's against guys that are NOT fighting back...this is one of the ways to teach KEMPO!

We have the same strikes and moves.....it works great against a willing tarket!

Try do it against in a real fight? ..,.if those strikes are so good? ...how come you do not see this in MMA types of fighting? ...or Chuck Norris tournaments? .....or in any full contact tournaments or sparring sessions....

Study this well? ....Ask why you see it only in demo's ....if it works so good..how come the professional fighters....don't use them?

Watch Kempo sparring tournaments on YOU tube? ...do you see those strikes like in the Demo's? in full kempo full contact fights?

Yes those techniques will work on some people who are not fighters....but if it is so successful? ....why isn't everyone doing them ALL the time? ...

LOOK and see? ...what works.....study how come?

My present training is in Kempo-Karate....We have to teach those skill too? ....but We also mention....the real world too!

MOST people do not leave there punching hands or kicks ,out like in demo's......Most attackers are coming in with combintions, fast, furious,non-stopping many times........

Learn to look REAL good? ....question the training...ON the streets...when it happens? ...a street fight for your life? ....you may never get another chance? ..............seek the truths.......Aloha

Last edited by a moderator:

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, A great place to study some of this kempo moves...is to see if it would work against boxers? .....study how boxers move and counter,duck and weave...see where you can use the kempo flows? ....will it work? than you will know what I am talking about? yes boxing has rules!

If someone blocks your punch? ....most people will not just stand there...you will counter, or duck, or weave, or kick, or strike with other hand, or move out or in or away.............

Demo's work because of the willing dummies........It the real world the attacker would NOT stay there!

BEST way it to experiment on your own! ...always test yourself!

Aloha

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello, It is great to do demo's against guys that are NOT fighting back... Of course against people who can't fight back! What am I? Stupid?

We have the same strikes and moves.....it works great against a willing tarket! I would chose an unwilling target?

Try do it against in a real fight? .., what! fight someone who could hit back?.if those strikes are so good? ...how come you do not see this in MMA types of fighting? all MMA fights are fixed? ...or Chuck Norris tournaments? who? .....or in any full contact tournaments or sparring sessions....full contact? but I could get hurt!

Study this well? ....Ask why you see it only in demo's ....if it works so good..how come the professional fighters....don't use them? because they are pansies?

Watch Kempo sparring tournaments on YOU tube? No, I only watch the rude videos ...do you see those strikes like in the Demo's? in full kempo full contact fights?

Yes those techniques will work on some people who are not fighters....but if it is so successful? ....why isn't everyone doing them ALL the time? ... because we are too busy explaining to Still Learning on MT!

My apologies Ladies and Gentlemen I'm going to have a long lie down in a darkened room now.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello, It is great to do demo's against guys that are NOT fighting back...this is one of the ways to teach KEMPO!

We have the same strikes and moves.....it works great against a willing tarket!

Try do it against in a real fight? ..,.if those strikes are so good? ...how come you do not see this in MMA types of fighting? ...or Chuck Norris tournaments? .....or in any full contact tournaments or sparring sessions....

Study this well? ....Ask why you see it only in demo's ....if it works so good..how come the professional fighters....don't use them?

Watch Kempo sparring tournaments on YOU tube? ...do you see those strikes like in the Demo's? in full kempo full contact fights?

Yes those techniques will work on some people who are not fighters....but if it is so successful? ....why isn't everyone doing them ALL the time? ...

LOOK and see? ...what works.....study how come?

My present training is in Kempo-Karate....We have to teach those skill too? ....but We also mention....the real world too!

MOST people do not leave there punching hands or kicks ,out like in demo's......Most attackers are coming in with combintions, fast, furious,non-stopping many times........

Learn to look REAL good? ....question the training...ON the streets...when it happens? ...a street fight for your life? ....you may never get another chance? ..............seek the truths.......Aloha

Hello, A great place to study some of this kempo moves...is to see if it would work against boxers? .....study how boxers move and counter,duck and weave...see where you can use the kempo flows? ....will it work? than you will know what I am talking about? yes boxing has rules!

If someone blocks your punch? ....most people will not just stand there...you will counter, or duck, or weave, or kick, or strike with other hand, or move out or in or away.............

Demo's work because of the willing dummies........It the real world the attacker would NOT stay there!

BEST way it to experiment on your own! ...always test yourself!

Aloha

Hello. Why do you base everything off of youtube and MMA? Do you really think that anything outside of MMA is that useless? Do you think Youtube has all the answers?

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hello. Why do you base everything off of youtube and MMA? Do you really think that anything outside of MMA is that useless? Do you think Youtube has all the answers?

Mike I would say it is his way of training. Basing everything off of MMA and youtube means the god truth. Come on Mike S_L is so right
icon13.gif
on all this real fighting that we must all go to Hawaii to train real fighting techniques and spend the next month in the hospital. :erg:

I just want to be a real fighter and forget all the 45 years :rofl: of training.

newGuy12

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Well, I have much respect for Still_Learning. I will not go on about this any more, after this. I only wish to say one more thing:

I totally understand where Still_Learning is coming from. Everyone wishes to be secure in their practice when it comes to self-defense, after all. Self-defense is very important, especially if you are attacked!

Now, that is true, and I think that it would be in my best interest to practice some with partners who REALLY GO AT IT. Perhaps I will make some friends at the Kenpo school who will want to do that. But... I am getting older and after a point, you need to slow that kind of thing down a little. I mean, my body is not as quick to heal these days!

What Still_Learning says has importance to me. I do not dismiss it, while still I will not abandon my practices to seek only self-defense skills.

I feel as though I have "stirred the pot" a little too much with my posts and that is regrettable. I don't like to see this contention, and I vow to not be part of any argument. I do not want to see you fellow users be upset for any reason.

I see what you are saying, Still_Learning, and will speak to the Kenpo Teacher about it. He is a tough guy, and does not mind good contact and so forth, no joke. I have trained with him before and say this with experience. I will investigate sparring with a more "realistic" mindset, in order to get a taste of this, but will also not go so full-force as to get hurt too bad (no eye gouges, that sort of thing --> that is counter-productive to me, I work for a living!)

As for taking it the last step, and going about trying to have real fights with fully non-compliant aggressors who wish to do me harm, no, I will avoid that, and hope that it never happens.

Much Respect and Aloha, Robert

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, Thank-you 'Newguy12"........this is a good reminder for what this web site is suppose to be!

"FRIENDLY" ......Aloha spirit....means just that! ...friendly

It is easy to lose this "Aloha Spirit" .....MAHALO (, hawaiian word for thank-you)

MAHALO'S,

Cirdan

Senior Master
Reaction score
Wow... I .... Can ...see the... LIGHT!

Thank you still_learning for repeating the truth over and over to us. Since we are indoctrinated brain dead sheep with no free will we needed this to realize how the REAL WORLD works. The attacker won`t stand still! Will strike with the OTHER hand! wow. This stuff is DEEP! Give us more please. More TRUTHS!

notworthy.gif
notworthy.gif
notworthy.gif
notworthy.gif
notworthy.gif
notworthy.gif

[/sarcasm]

meth18au

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Well the tension was accumulating for a while now wasn't it? Everybody has actually been really patient. I think this thread just topped everything off!!!

Still Learning, can you not see where people are coming from yet? Really?

:confused:

JBrainard

Senior Master
Reaction score
Good God, are you guys still talking about this? The reason I frequent MT instead of the other martial arts forums is to avoid these silly arguments about "this art is the best" or "this art isn't effective."
Christ on a cracker...

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Attention All Users

Please keep the conversation polite and respectful.

Pamela Piszczek
MT Super Moderator

Latest Discussions