What the USA really needs is a good healthy dose of monarchy

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Really. What's the difference between a constitutional monarchy and what we have... Besides universal healthcare, dr. Who, and a cooler accent?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Really. What's the difference between a constitutional monarchy and what we have... Besides universal healthcare, dr. Who, and a cooler accent?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Well, for a start you have an apolitical head of state who in extreme circumstances can dissolve a dysfunctional parliament and call for fresh elections. :asian:

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
:grins: It goes without saying that I think that a Parliamentary Democracy is the way to go :). In all seriousness, you American chaps might want to give it a try; it can't be worse than the dangerously blinkered, bipolar, nonsense you are putting up with now.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
What the USA really needs is a good healthy dose of monarchy.....yes, yes it does

And since I have royal ancestory I BETTER be part of it :EG:

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well I am in the line for an Earldom ... maybe I should apply for American citizenship ... as King :p

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Really. What's the difference between a constitutional monarchy and what we have...

In a real monarchy, stuff would get done--not like the gridlock we have now.

Reading up on Athens in the Peloponnesian War, though, it's amazing how long democracy has been in action, even in times of war, and how similar the problems are--like Athens having its full citizenry voting on major military actions and shockingly enough there were problems with their plans leaking out.

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
...enemies foreign and domestic.

Latest Discussions