what tecnique do we need

Ian wallace

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
does anyone know what techinque we need to attack a pressure point?

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
It can vary by how a point presents itself and what you have been training. I often use palm heels, my thunmb, my index and middle fingers, hammer fists. It depends on the situation.

Whick pressure point are we talking about? Give me a scenario.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Defintely it would vary depending on which pressure nerve point you are trying to activate and what you are trying to accomplish.

OP
Ian wallace

Ian wallace

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
i was just wondering what techinques are prefered for certain pressure points and witch are the easyist to strike??

does anyone have a guide on this??? as im new to pressure point training

would be greatfull!!

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
What forms are you practicing? Lets focus on one...

OP
Ian wallace

Ian wallace

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
All Tang Soo Do hyungs: from Ki cho Hyung up to ro-hi

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
That is just too much! There are sooooooooooooo many ways. Here are a couple of moves that attack pressure points right from Pyung Ahn Ee Dan.

Attachments

• $Required Ill Soo Shik 9.AVI
    374.9 KB · Views: 406
  • $Required Ill Soo Shik 10.AVI
    310.3 KB · Views: 387

loyalonehk

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Your question is somewhat of a loaded gun. You mentioned that you are new to PPT fighting. From my own experience and journey into PPT fighting, I found, to my delight, that I already had the techniques and had been learning them right from the start. PPT applications (to me) just meant taking a striking area and pin pointing my desired point of impact. Kinda like looking at the dart board and moving my aim from the outer ring (ie just hitting the board) and closing into the inner ring then finaly finding the PPT target being the bullseye. Just as in darts, easier said than done. Espectially if you were to put the dart board on a rope and trying to hit the bullseye when its swinging at random.

Hope my analogy is not too confusing???

Bottom line... Fine tune and research your current techniques. Correct me if I am wrong, but it looks as if you are a 3rd Degree BB.

I am confident that by now, you have the techniques and will be pleasantly supprised as you learn more and more about PPT's, anatomy, Neurology, etc. If you have not already begun, start studying all these things and you will learn to recognize the targets (multiple bullseyes) of the human body. The key is in your intent and your "set up" for the specific situation/strike. End results vary and you should take it upon yourself to learn how to apply the appropriate antidotes to the strikes also (keep in mind, not all PPT strikes have antidotes). The secret is within the technique. I advise caution when applying or attempting to apply said techniques. Most qualified instructors will not have too many reservations on sharing such knowledge. My belief is that if you had the wrong intentions and wanted to kill someone, it would be much easier to run em over with your car.:apv:

Good luck with your new found adventure and keep us informed.

PS
Run these questions by your instructor also.

I could go on, but I've rambled on enough for now.

kidswarrior

Senior Master
Reaction score
Bottom line... Fine tune and research your current techniques. Correct me if I am wrong, but it looks as if you are a 3rd Degree BB.

I am confident that by now, you have the techniques and will be pleasantly surprised as you learn more and more about PPT's, anatomy, Neurology, etc.

Very true. By the time I started to seriously think about pressure points, found I already knew/was using about 25-30 of the basics.

Latest Discussions