what style is based on a lot of grabbing and locks?

Charlemagne

Black Belt
Reaction score
I really don't see how it's a rationalization. A dogpile requires multiple people, and I'm not misrepresenting his question as I'm taking word for word what he said and asking him for clarification. Then when someone asked me about that, I explained why I wanted clarification.

I certainly don't have a problem with what you said. I think you might be taking things a little far in terms of the potential danger of providing answers, and we disagree on the interpretation of the OP's statement, but that is OK.

It's a forum. People disagree.

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Not necessarily the dojo, but if he actually joins the marines then definitely.
Chances are pretty good someone in the dojo will make him realize how hard it is to utilize his "skills." Especially if it's a grappling dojo like a judo, wrestling or BJJ club. People tend to resist pretty good in those places. Same with a striking dojo, so long as they're actually striking and not playing glorified tag or patty cakes. Resistance can be quite humbling, so say the least.

I never served, but I imagine as humbling as a dojo can get, it'll be a walk in the park compared to Parris Island (USMC boot camp center).

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Considering, again, that I was the only person who was commenting about it, I very clearly was thinking for myself. But good to know you've finally made the transition to being 100% troll, I can place you as the second person currently on my ignore list.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Considering, again, that I was the only person who was commenting about it, I very clearly was thinking for myself. But good to know you've finally made the transition to being 100% troll, I can place you as the second person currently on my ignore list.

You were not the only person commenting on it.

You don't need to tell people you are ignoring them. It is attention seeking.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You were not the only person commenting on it.

You don't need to tell people you are ignoring them. It is attention seeking.

Psychobabble. Seems you think you want people to 'think for themselves' but only as long as they agree with you, if they don't we them get specious arguments from you.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Psychobabble. Seems you think you want people to 'think for themselves' but only as long as they agree with you, if they don't we them get specious arguments from you.

Were you commenting on OPs desire to martial arts fight in the marines?

lklawson

Grandmaster
Reaction score
AEven boxing includes (not allowed(?) neither practical with big gloves) 'grappling' to some extent. (Often just hugging but quite effective defence).
Banned from Boxing, The forgotten grappling techniques of classic pugilism, 2nd Edition by Kirk Lawson (Paperback) - Lulu

product_thumbnail.php

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

Hanshi

Blue Belt
Reaction score
i train tang soo do and i have found myself during sparring doing a lot of grabbing and manipulation, arm locks wrist locks just grabbing the arm etc, i wanna train in a style that specifies in that, what style would that be? i talked to my sensai and he said he doesn't suggest training at another dojo yet, he said hapkido is pretty much taught the same thing we teach, but i wanna learn more

edit:
i guess i'm looking for something a little more like deadly combat related? ill be joining the marines soon because i wanna use my martial arts in that way

Some forms of jujitsu, aikido and hapkido do this.