What skills should every person have

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Beyond the sound physical skills that have been mentioned so far, I throw my hat in the ring along with Seasoned and Gran for the power of good manners and courtesy. These are the foundations of good social interaction and cooperation, also giving the tools to negotiate productively.

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
As I read through the thread I don't think I saw "thank you", yes those two little words that say buschels......... about character.

DennisBreene

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
The list of little courtesies that should be used during the course of a day are seemingly endless and too often considered tedious in todays world. They are the "grease" that lubricates what could otherwise be a friction filled society. Greet everyone you interact with, with a smile, from the sales clerk at the gas station to someone you pass in the grocery store (here, at least, have the civility to make eye contact and smile). Say thank you, and mean it. Open the door for everyone. Wait patiently; the time you gain by being rude or irritated is deducted at the end of your years. Exercise patience even when not being observed. Lift someone else's burden when you have the opportunity. Pay any kindness shown to you forward. Donate to worthy causes anonymously. Practice peace in your daily life so that you won't have to face conflict. Cultivate happiness. You are the only one who can make you happy, so own that, and strive for it.