What made you a fan of your fav. fighter?

Scout200

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
What made you a fan of your favorite fighter? Is it because of persuasion from friends or family? Do you personally know the fighter?

threethirty

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I never had a favourite MMA fighter until I saw Tiequan Zhang's story in the current issue of Kung-Fu Magazine. He is a well known and respected sansho fighter in china that has made the move over to MMA, and seems to have fallen in love with Martial Arts all over again. Sansho doesnt have grappling so he added that to the skills he already had and has been very successful at it. On top of this love he currently holds an 18-1 record. Not to shabby in a sport where "Kung-fu doesn't work"
smile.png

here is a link to his profile on UFC.com
http://www.ufc.com/fighter/Tiequan-Zhang

OzPaul

Green Belt
Reaction score
Fedor. He has so much respect for his opponents and the way he acts in and outside the ring/cage is very professional. Great documentary on him from a few years ago called "Fedor: Baddest man on the Planet". Definitely worth a watch!

Noah_Legel

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I don't know that I have one absolute favorite, but I like Georges St. Pierre and Lyoto Machida for their high levels of skill, their dedication, their attitudes and their sportsmanship. The fact that they both have karate bases is a nice bonus, of course :p.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
When George St Pierre puts on his gi top, he has me big time.

Latest Discussions