What is your favorite gun...

gozanryu

Orange Belt
Reaction score
If I am not mistaken, Colt Walker's were .44, as were most BP cap and ball revolvers of the time. Colt Navies and Remingtons were .36.
.45 gained popularity in the rimmed cartridges (.45 Colt)

Favorite gun: My original Wilson Combat Series 70 Colt

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Ruger P-89, 9mm. Two friends of mine had own them and let me use them for practice/trying it on for size. I fared better with that gun than shooting a Glock 17. Probably because the 89 fit my hands better as I found the Glock to be a tad small for me. :idunno:

S

Spud

My Remington 870 shotgun - I've certainly had a few memorable days carrying that.

psi_radar

Black Belt
Reaction score
My Colt 1911A1. From the serial numbers I found it was actually produced by subcontractor Ithaca Gun during WW II. They did a fine job. Tulisan, I've heard good things about the Charles Daly .45, which are budget-priced.

AC_Pilot

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Rifle: My HK91A3

Pistol: No contest, My Browning Hi-Powers

Shotgun: My SPAS 12

OH, Puuleease boss, donna make me choose just one! ;)

Gray Phoenix

Green Belt
Reaction score
Rifle: Depends on the intended use, but Remington 700 in just about any variation should fill the bill, but for fast paced multi target situations, I gotta go with the HK91 and clones. I have a Springfield SAR8 equipped with the PSG1 trigger and furniture. Nail driver.

Pistol: Sig P229 in a 40.

Shotgun: I'm a skeet guy. I love my Weatherby Athena, my fiance swears by the Perazzi but when I'm in the field or warring with the communist invaders
icon10.gif
, my 3 Remington 870s are always close by.

AC_Pilot

Blue Belt
Reaction score
First I want to clarify that in some US jurisdictions, black powder weapons are treated the same as centerfire or rimfires.. basically banned.. unconstitutional but don't be surprised if the business will not ship to you. In most places they are considered non firearms, and I am in fact building a collection of Scottish clansman flintlocks, and will eventually be buying a firing replica brass barreled blunderbuss and also a Brown Bess musket, for display in my arms room/dojo. I will shoot them once in a while, for the nostalga. I would also enjoy a blackpowder .44 revolver carbine, or 12 GA of same type, or 4 barrelled old west shotgun, but I don't think anyone manufactures them right now.

One currently available gun only? Well I'll give one of each type, since it's unthinkable to not have one each rifle, shotgun, and handgun:

Rifle.. hands down my tricked out HK91A3 .308

Shotgun: HK or Benelli semi auto 12 GA

Handgun.. this is easy, one of my customized Browning Hi Power 9mms

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If the issue was say pure survival after a nuclear war or alien invasion :ak47: (grin) and I could only have one it would be the HK91A3. At least I would be looking good with a heavy hitting rifle, until the aliens bagged and BBQ'd me or I found out their secret weakness for fried chicken, which would explode their cellular structure :uhyeah:

GAB

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Hi, I really like the movie "Josey Wales" myself, Chief Dan George was so good in that one, I like his scenes the best, the cur dog was a good addition.Josey carried about 4 handguns on him at all times. Plus spitten that chew was classic.

Taurus 92 9mm, Beretta look a like is one I like, Glock 40 cal is another.

In the woods I like my Ruger S BlkHk 44 mag.

One I carry a bunch is a 1935 Beretta 380, good little shooter at close range and easy to conceal. Has a good feel and enough weight to handle the 380.

Regards, Gary

Kenpoist

Green Belt
Reaction score
Sig Sauer P229 (.357/.40) - either caliber works for me.

I also carry the P239 (.9mm) - as it is easy to conceal.

I will someday be inhereting an 1866 Winchester " Yellow Boy" which will be the pride of my collection!

A

agatanai atsilahu

My pride and joy. HS Precision .308 Heavy Barrel Tactical Rifle mounted with a Zeiss 3x12x64.

Easily a 1500 meter gun.

47MartialMan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Although I own two Glocks, among other things, I prefer older firearms and military collectibles.

Choosing one woukd be like me choosing one favorite classic car.

Hmmmn, come to thing of it, I could not choose ONE martial art either.

KumaSan

Blue Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Drac said:
Sig P-220

Hey, me too.
Especially since I foiled a would-be mugging today with one.

Love my Sig. I can't decide if I'm going to get a 1911 or a 229 next.

J

JKD_Silat

tmonis said:
I am a old timer so I favor the Colt 1911A.
Me too, although my 1911 is a Kimber. I kinda like the XD 9mm as well. I get sick accuracy, and great groups with it. When I win the lottery, I'll get a Wilson 1911. My buddy's new H&K USP .40 is nice, although it doesnt fit my hand as well. I prefer single stack magazines.
Anybody shoot the Glock .45 GAP yet? I think its the Glock 38 model...

J

JKD_Silat

That remindms. Anybody own a .50cal rifle ? They were banned for sale here in California a few months ago.

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yeah, that was a strange one. What was the logic behind that?

Latest Discussions