O.K....who here owns a gun...

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Tulisan said:
Who here on MT is a gun owner. If you are, what do you own?

:mp5:
Why, starting a registry to come take em away? :rolleyes:

I have a few.

GAB

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Technopunk said:

I have a few.
Technopunk and Tulisan.

That is exactly what I thought when I first read it, I waited to see how it would go...
:uhyeah:
Ditto...

Regards, Gary

OULobo

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'll tell proudly. I have a Glock 19 and a Taurus knockoff of the Berreta .40 cal.

ABN

Green Belt
Reaction score
No problem discussing what I own (here in NJ they are all registered anyway)

Sig 220 (.45)
Mossberg 500
Colt H-Bar in 5.56 with match grade barrel

Don't worry about coming to get them either, I have sector sketches by every window :2pistols:

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Tulisan said:
Who here on MT is a gun owner. If you are, what do you own?

:mp5:
Before I answer...

Do you work for the Canadian Gun Registry?:rolleyes: :D

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I personally don't own a gun of any kind.

I do have a question for the rest of you though. What do you do with your gun(s)? Do you hunt with them? Keep them as a conversation piece? Hang them on a wall? Some guns you can't carry with you and you can't hunt with them why have them? I'm curious to know.

I had a past co-worker that had more guns than a maltia could want and they hung on a special wall he made in his home. I asked why spend the money on them just to look at all of them hanging on the wall. He grinned and said you could never be prepared enough in case someone comes through a window. I figured he needed some med's. Anyhow I'd like to know what you all do with your guns.
:asian:

ABN

Green Belt
Reaction score
All of the firearms I own serve a utilitarian purpose. The shotgun is ideal for home protection. My wife is very comfortable with the shotgun and with her pistol, a "baby Glock" in 9mm (.45 is a bit hard for her to control). My pistol and rifle relate directly to my occupation and to the competitions I engage in both in and out of work. None of the firearms we own are visible to a visitor and, as new parents, we now have to consider firearms safety at an entirely different level. None of the weapons hang on a wall or are used as conversation pieces (unless I am talking with another gun owner). We hang art on the walls, it makes people less nervous.

andy

GAB

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
jfarnsworth said:

I do have a question for the rest of you though. What do you do with your gun(s)? Do you hunt with them? Keep them as a conversation piece? Hang them on a wall? Some guns you can't carry with you and you can't hunt with them why have them? I'm curious to know.

I had a past co-worker that had more guns than a maltia could want and they hung on a special wall he made in his home. I asked why spend the money on them just to look at all of them hanging on the wall. He grinned and said you could never be prepared enough in case someone comes through a window. I figured he needed some med's. Anyhow I'd like to know what you all do with your guns.
Good question:

I am retired LEO so I have the ones I had on the job, a few long guns when I used to hunt and a shotgun or 2 for trap and skeet.
Picked up a few over the years as investments and then the gun world turned upside down. I have numerous Bows also, have not used them in quite awhile.

There are so many guns out there, to sell them is not the big issue, you are correct. What do you do?

Well responsible people have them locked up, and only take them out when they are going to the range or maybe to hunt. I gave up hunting long ago, so most of mine are used at the various ranges and shotgun shoots. The safe cost me $2500.00 in 1982.

Come to think of it I hav'nt shot a long gun in several years, I do shoot handguns at the local range. If I want to carry I can, but I don't as a general rule.

I think of them as tools I have a lot more wrapped up in tools then guns, I don't use them every day, but when I need it, or want to use them, they are there. I have swords also, they are locked up.

I have a lot of fighting sticks. Short, long, and longer, I use them more then anything else right now.

What do you do with a stick when it is not in use?

Regards, Gary

Satt

Black Belt
Reaction score
A 20mm 6-barrel gattling gun. I use it to shoot down missles before they hit my ship. It shoots 4500/min. That is my whole job in the Navy to work on it.

hardheadjarhead

Senior Master
Reaction score
Mossberg Model 500 12 gauge combat shotgun with eight shot extension and a bayonet lug.

Two Mosin-Nagant M44 Carbines, caliber 7.62.

A Ruger Super Redhawk in .454 Casull.

A Smith and Wesson Model 19 .357 magnum from the seventies in mint condition.

A Glock 27 in 40 S&W.

A double barreled crappy derringer in .410/45 Colt.

A Harrington and Richardson Model 32 Guardsman in .32 caliber.

A Kel-Tec P32 in .32 ACP.

A Taurus Model 85 Ultralight in .38 Special.

I don't think I forgot any. What is that? Ten guns? I lose count sometimes.

Regards,

Steve

OULobo

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Satt said:
A 20mm 6-barrel gattling gun. I use it to shoot down missles before they hit my ship. It shoots 4500/min. That is my whole job in the Navy to work on it.
Nice, where can I get one? I really don't think there are any phalanx gun dealers around here.

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mountaineer Martial Arts - Shepherdstown,WV
I own firearms, that's all I'm really going to say on that as this is a public forum.

Jason,
One thing to remember about quailty firearms, they are an investment. If they are properly cared for, they go up in value.

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Oh, I have some handguns and some rifles. I do have a concealed carry permit. Primary reasons I have the firearms are for self defense, hunting, and target shooting.

- Ceicei

OP
Cruentus

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Technopunk said:

I have a few.

Yes...and John Ashcroft will be knocking on all your doors very soon, starting in Canada...bwahahaha! :rolleyes: :rofl:

No, I am not starting a registry.

I asked because I wanted to get an idea on how many people were gun owners or collectors and what the interests were on MT regarding firearms, which would help me with future discussions on this forum.

I know that my interests are primarily in pistol craft and tactical shooting. I consider myself a novice, but that is rapidly changing as I continue to get professional advice, and as I spend a few hundred rounds a week at the range. But if there are more rifle owners and hunters on this forum then pistol owners for example, then I know to balance out the conversations here with some stuff on rifle use and hunting. Plus, I can also figure out who to ask for advice about certian tools; example, I know I can ask Steve about an M44 if I get my hands on one.

Then, there is the issue of registry nervousness. If I were to ask this question on some forums directed more towards the "militia types," I would be verbally spanked, blamed for being an FBI informant, and the thread would be locked. Here I knew that wouldn't happened, but I suspected that some wouldn't want to list or discuss what they own as well. Some people are very private about what guns they have, and I can respect that. What I wanted to find out was to what degree of nervousness people would have in discussing their own firearms to help me with future discussions. So yes, I realize I painted a target on myself with this one... :snipe2:

So, my reasons for asking the questions had good valid reasons behind them. I can respect if you don't feel comfortable listing what you own, though. Perhaps, just list your favorite one? ;)

Paul

C

chefs

Guns???

Hmmmmmmm

This birds going to fly!

jfarnsworth said: