What I do now??? Punching Training

ehsen

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I used to train like kung fu people.I fix bunch of papers on wall and just punch. But now my punching speed has increased substantially and it really hurts to punch in those papers. Can you give me any advice what should I do know i mean any other drill i should switch to.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used to train like kung fu people.I fix bunch of papers on wall and just punch. But now my punching speed has increased substantially and it really hurts to punch in those papers. Can you give me any advice what should I do know i mean any other drill i should switch to.

How about investing in a good heavy bag, rather than punching paper. You will find that you wont be as limited as to what you can do.

Hawke

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
If you have a limited budget you can make a [FONT=ms sans serif, geneva][SIZE=-2][SIZE=-1]makiwara.

Here's a link to make Build Makiwara

If you want to condition your hand you can try this method:

Go to your local library for a free book.
Get a paperback book around 300 pages.
Duct tape around the book over and over.

You can use the duct taped book to practice your hand strikes.

Hope this helps.
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][/FONT]

ArmorOfGod

Senior Master
Reaction score
Thanks for that idea Hawke.
One that is easy and fun is to fill a 2-liter soda bottle 2/3's with water and hang it from a tree. It is not as good of a training tool as Hawke's idea, but a lot of fun (and better than hitting paper).

AoG

CuongNhuka

Senior Master
Reaction score
One great idea is to take a large jug (a gallon or more) filled with water. Put it on one end of a smooth surface, the longer the better (it should be about waist to shoulder heigh). Now, punch the jug. The conditioning isn't in making it go all the way to the end, it's in making it move with out falling or bouncing. This is a good internal training device. If you can get it go more then a foot, you can cause someone some pretty serious internal damage.