What have you done in the name of charity (funny/ embarassing)?

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
This is in response to revealing HKPhooey's identity- not that dressing up as a bunny is embarassing...

I was wondering if anyone had to do anything either funny or (relatively) embarassing for a good cause?

OP
bluemtn

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'll start!

There have been a couple of things I've done (on purpose- long story), one of which was done this past Sat. First- hong kong fooey and I had volunteerd to do the bunny hop, leading a group of kids- around a BIG area for a place I used to work at, a long time ago. I can't remember what it was for, but talk about EXHAUSTING! Then last Saturday, my work was raising money for muscular distrophy. We had a 50/ 50 drawing, plus some of the managers was able to volunteer to have money donated for a pie. No, not to eat- but to have one or more thrown in their face! I didn't have one thrown in mine, but I did throw one in H K F's face. If I can get a picture, I'll post...

HKphooey

Senior Master
Reaction score
This is in response to revealing HKPhooey's identity- not that dressing up as a bunny is embarassing...

I was wondering if anyone had to do anything either funny or (relatively) embarassing for a good cause?

Lol. :)

That's great that you guys volunteer! :asian:

stickarts

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I set up a game where people threw water balloons at each other. They bought the water balloons. It turned into quite a war, was fun, but did start to get out of control! It did raise money! People really got to throwing the balloons....HARD!

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm a Girl Scout leader and volunteer on many levels there. I dressed up as Mulan (I own a kimono, okay?) for a Hollywood Nights themed awards ceremony, sang in front of people I don't know, and darn near got my butt kicked by the daughter of a Krav Maga student at one of my self-defense seminars.

Dave Leverich

Black Belt
Reaction score
We were having a break-a-thon for Jerry's kids in the 80's, we decided to get the crowd more 'into it' so I became a human battering ram. 3 people on each side, heh, the boards broke ;).

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Dress up as a woman in the nineties and sat in front of the school all day on a saturday to raise money for Scottich Rights Hospital doing roundhouse kicks that was the longest 12 hours but we managed to raise over 10,000 for the hospital so it was worth it.

Latest Discussions