What Are You Reading?

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Curious what everyone is reading. I finished Ronda Rousey's book 'My Fight/Your Fight'.
Currently reading 'No Easy Day'. It's about the Navy Seals pursuit and killing of Osama Bin Laden. Good read!

Flatfish

Black Belt
Reaction score
My 9yr old daughter is making me read the "Land of stories" books, but I am waiting on a stir-fry cookbook and Choi Hong Hi's 1965 TKD book to arrive in the mail.

23rdwave

Green Belt
Reaction score
Don Quixote - Miguel de Cervantes
Systema Manual - Konstantin Komarov
Let Every Breath - Vladimir Vasiliev and Scott Meredith
Strikes: Soul Meets Body - Vladimir Vasiliev and Scott Meredith

I hurt my heel Friday night and have been keeping it elevated while stuck in a chair. I finished SM and am halfway through LEB. I'll go back to Quixote for a while before tackling Strikes.

I practice yiquan and taiji but am curious about Systema. I like the training more than the applications, though I still don't know what they are doing.

ShawnP

Blue Belt
Reaction score
LOL these forums and just started "KI - A Practical Guide for Westerners" by William Reed

marques

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Finished "Fight Like a Physicist: The Incredible Science Behind Martial Arts" a few days ago.
Good, but short. And against Chinese medicine...

PS: I always recommend reading at least one from Rory Miller.

OP
Tames D

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I was reading Centennial by Michener (for the fourth or fifth time) when the first 200 pages of a friend's novel arrived in the mail. Pretty good so far, about a hundred pages in. I think he's got a decent shot at getting it published. (so far, anyway) It's crime fiction and has some interesting characters. I'm taking notes that I will e-mail to him. One being that he is trying to show off his vocabulary, which can turn a reader off faster than cold soup. But other than that, pretty good.

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I'm reading this Chinese book "Reborn and Chase Girls". The main guy was shy in his previous life. After his death, he travels back in time and reborn, In his new life, he has 17 wifes, becomes the richest person on earth (even Bill Gates bought Window 98 from him). He even owns his star in the galaxy.

重生追美记_百度百科

Last edited:

talktalk

White Belt
Reaction score
Last night I received the book Bruce lee fighting method . I will start again every things from basic though I have some basic movements and skills .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Tames D

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm reading this Chinese book "Reborn and Chase Girls". The main guy was shy in his previous life. After his death, he travels back in time and reborn, In his new life, he has 17 wifes, becomes the richest person on earth (even Bill Gates bought Window 98 from him). He even owns his star in the galaxy.

重生追美记_百度百科
I want to be like this guy :)

OP
Tames D

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Last night I received the book Bruce lee fighting method . I will start again every things from basic though I have some basic movements and skills .

I have this book. You will love it.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score

重生追美记_百度百科

It costs about $15 to buy the title to a star online. I'm more envious of someone who owns their own island in the Bahamas than a star, frankly.
Of course, the people who live on the planets circling that star will hopefully just laugh if you try to exercise that title, rather than bite our faces off or disintegrate out planet or something.

talktalk

White Belt
Reaction score
I have this book. You will love it.

Minimum effort to overcome big impact . Every strikes and kicks inside there is simple just ppl make it to be complicated . This book is more completed compare to TAO of jeet kune do - that really needs a lot understanding :)

The basic foundation is important .
Simple direct

dancingalone

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I am about to finish Fierce Patriot by Robert L. O'Connell. It's a biography of General William T. Sherman, the scourge of the South and a leading figure in building the railroad system post-American Civil War. Recommended.

Next up, Children of Earth and Sky by Guy Gavriel Kay.

OP
Tames D

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I am about to finish Fierce Patriot by Robert L. O'Connell. It's a biography of General William T. Sherman, the scourge of the South and a leading figure in building the railroad system post-American Civil War. Recommended.

Next up, Children of Earth and Sky by Guy Gavriel Kay.
I might have take a look at Fierce Patriot.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I've been reading FEMA manuals for the last two days. (for work) God, I want to tear my eyes out.

Latest Discussions