Weak and sensitive spots.

Zavv

White Belt
Reaction score
HI there, this is the first time I write on this forum, so hi to everyone that are part of it:)

I don't like to be raw and just say what I want so I'll explain first why I want it.

I am presently trying to creat my own style of martial art, and to do so I must invent some moves wich is not the problem, in fact the problem is that I am extremely weak physicaly (I might be exagerating a bit but I'm still very weak) and so I must know where to hit precicely.

So here what I ask, are there spots on the human body that would hurt just to press on them? I know the one in the right elbow and thos between neck and shoulder but are there more?

Also, I Like extreme precision so if you could be very precice when answering I would be very pleased and even better give me links to pictures or diagrammes would be perfect.

Thank you for answering me and sorry if it was long.

Good bye

Zavv Lon​

Frostbite

Blue Belt
Reaction score
It sounds like you're looking for some silver bullet that's going to make you super powered and completely deadly. Even if something like that did exist, you're not really going to learn it on the Internet.

I highly recommend formal, supervised training for several reasons. If you're physically weaker and worried about self defense, regular practice of martial arts will not only give you the physical attributes to hold your own in a fight but also help give you the confidence that if a fight happens, you'll be able to handle yourself. Also, it's a lot harder to get an understanding of how a technique should be applied without someone to train with. And having supervised training will help ensure that when you do train with someone, no injuries occur.

morph4me

Goin' with the flow
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You're trying to create your own martial art with no background in the arts? How do you plan on accessing points with precision on a moving target? I'm going to agree with Frostbite, for the same reasons, and suggest that you find a qualified instructor and learn an art before you try to create your own.

Nolerama

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
This might sound harsh, but I'm trying to be as constructive as possible: become more physical. I encourage you to get out there, exercise, and become more physically capable so you can cover your bases in a fight.

A question: why do you want to learn how to hurt people when you're not physically capable yourself? What if your technique is incorrect? What if that guy whose eye you weakly tried to gouge out gets mad and changes his attack? There are a lot of variables in a fight where your physical capability will be called upon; I'd say just as much as technique.

If you get out there and work on your strength, stamina, and agility, then I'm sure your confidence will rise. You won't need what I'm gleaning from your post is a need to hurt others by cutting corners. I don't believe there's a "silver bullet" pressure point out there. But I do believe going for nerve centers (i.e. eyes, groin, kidneys, etc) can constitute deadly force (legally) and escalates a situation.

Round out your game first. If you want to cut corners, then you are not in the right mind to begin your own MA.

JadecloudAlchemist

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I am presently trying to creat my own style of martial art, and to do so I must invent some moves wich is not the problem

Most people who invent there own style have had experience in another style or have had some sort of combat experience.

problem is that I am extremely weak physicaly

Work on strengthening yourself.

So here what I ask, are there spots on the human body that would hurt just to press on them
Yes there are. Pressure point do exist however you need to be properly trained to use them.

I know the one in the right elbow and thos between neck and shoulder but are there more?

Yes there are alot more.

You can find pictures from any pressure point book or anatomy book.

The other thing involving points is just because you see a picture does not mean you are hitting the right spot. I had my teacher show me and it still was difficult to find. Also not all pressure points are going to have a strong reaction and in a fight it may just end up you loosing.

7starmarc

Green Belt
Reaction score
In addition to what everyone else has already said, hitting pressure points in combat is a highly refined skill, requiring practice, coordination, speed, and strength.

Don't try to reinvent the wheel, especially without any prior MA experience. There are plenty of arts which will not only (eventually) teach pressure point and vital target applications, but will also get you ready for more general combat as well.

If you are so physically weak that you don't feel that you can participate in a structured MA system training, AND you feel that you truly need to defend yourself in high threat situations, (a) get out of those situations or (b) learn how to use an equalizer proficiently (i.e. a weapon, whether that is a tazer, pepper spray, firearm, etc.)

Nomad

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Agree strongly with the above posts, and would also like to point out that sensitivity to pressure points (nerve strikes at least) varies greatly from individual to individual... we have at least two people in out group (of 100 or so) who simply don't feel pain from pressure points. In these cases (and likely others caused by substance or adenaline-induced reduction of sensitivity in "normal" people) you have to either pound them physically or break a limb (or several) to cause them to submit.

IME, pressure points are a bonus. If you can get them, great, but if you're counting on them, you're probably in trouble in a real fight. Most techniques that properly apply pressure to these sensitive areas also incorporate strikes or body mechanics that give you the advantage even if the pressure point strike misses or is ineffective.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You're trying to create your own martial art with no background in the arts? How do you plan on accessing points with precision on a moving target? I'm going to agree with Frostbite, for the same reasons, and suggest that you find a qualified instructor and learn an art before you try to create your own.

I am with you Morph, let start my own system before I know a system.
icon10.gif

mook jong man

Senior Master
Reaction score
Mate harden up , get out in the fresh air and do some push ups or something .

You don't need to invent some weird pressure point system , just learn to hit hard ,real hard .

Deaf Smith

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Zavv,

First off... buy a gun. It isn't called the great equalizer for nothing. Strength does not matter, just a sharp eye, fast hand, and good coordination. And I'm not kidding.

If you want to H2H, ok you are going to need to go for the eyes, ears, nose, throat, diaphram, groin, inside of the knees, shins, and instep.

You are going to need toe kicks, leather kicks, 'charlie chapman' kicks, low side and roundhouse as well as a good stomp.

You will need your elbows to deliver lots of the hand/arm blows as well as the palms and fingers to use for eye flicks for the face.

You will also need to develop your footwork so to avoid the opponents kicks and punches cause if you try to block them they will just bull on through and hit you. That means slides and shuffles, forward, backward, and sideways.

You will need to be able to 'read' your opponent well. Real well. Timing really is everything.

And most important, you will need to be alert enough to see indicators of agressivness in other people before the fight even gets close to starting. Cause if you can do that, you can either find a way out or move to a position of dominance (that's setting them up before it starts.)

And lots more Zavv. Lots and lots more...

And Zavv, if was easy to develop such, it would have already been done many centuries ago.... oh wait, it has. It's called buying a gun!

Deaf

KenpoGirl75

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I am not sure why you feel the need to invent your own martial art to begin with? There are plenty, and I do mean plenty, of arts that have been tried and tested through the years that work just fine. Not only that, but you said you were weak, so that means you do not do any strength training workouts? If that is the case, do you honestly think you will have the character and discipline to create your own martial art without any prior martial art experience or even a basic exercise regime? If you think that watching Jackie Chan and Bruce Lee movies will give you a solid base for creating an art without ever having practiced one, then you do not understand what even the martial arts are about.

My advice is to do like the rest of us and dole out some blood, sweat, tears, and money like the rest of us and get grounded in an already proven system, and then after some years of training, then maybe go out and try to invent your own style.

girlbug2

Master of Arts
Reaction score
It sounds as if you are concerned about being able to do a martial art but also you don't want to rely much on strength. Actually there are already martial arts out there that use things like leverage and yes, pressure points also, more than strength: check out Aikido, for instance. No need to reinvent the wheel.

Also some arts were developed for people that might be physically weaker/smaller. Look into Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, and there are some others that I am not knowledgeable about.

But regardless of which art you train in, do everything in your power to exercise and develop some bodily strength anyway. In a fight, sometimes it comes down to who has the stamina to outlast the opponent, not necessarily overpower them.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I checked your profile and first martial arts in the real world is not Naruto. And you are listing your organization as Akatsuki which I had to look up and it is from Naruto.

Second Extreme training like hitting trees is not in fact all that extreme; it is a part of multiple CMA styles. And if you are doing this on your own...STOP IT!!! You are going to hurt yourself with out a teacher.

If you are truly interested in Martial Arts and you are TRULY interested in starting your own style I suggest first...find a reputable teacher and learn all there is to learn about the style then find something else that interests you and then another and then look around and THEN you will have background and training enough to look at the possibility of your own style. And this will take years by the way.

As for creating your own style with NO background and NO training particularly the stuff you are looking at based on your original post...STOP IT NOW!!! Before you hurt someone else and/or yourself. What you are asking about takes YEARS of training.

tko4u

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
very front of the throat, can be used as striking point, or choke

jarrod

Senior Master
Reaction score
i've been thinking of inventing this round thing. you could put heavy stuff on it, & roll it where you wanted instead of dragging the heavy stuff around. can anyone help me think of a name? thanks,

jf

:)

Cirdan

Senior Master
Reaction score
Welcome to Martial Talk Zavv

I will be as precise and direct as I can; go join a martial arts club. You will learn more in one proper class than you ever in your life will figure out on your own. Finding a -good- instructor is the most important part of your martial arts career.

Creating your own art from scratch is like trying to design a fusion reactor without having completed elementary school. Martial arts are much much more complex than the general public thinks.

There are litterally hundreds of spots you can strike or apply pressure/friction to in order to inflict pain, shock, stun, paralyze a limb, affect blood flow, disrupt breathing etc. In order to locate and apply techniques correctly to them you need quality instruction. Even then you need to practice with a partner over and over and over trying to get it right.

KenpoTex

Senior Master
Reaction score
1. start training in something.
2. get a gym membership and start working out.

The first will hopefully disabuse you of the notion that you are qualified to create your own system. The second will take care of the "very weak physically" part.

zeeberex

Green Belt
Reaction score
Mate harden up , get out in the fresh air and do some push ups or something .

You don't need to invent some weird pressure point system , just learn to hit hard ,real hard .

My jab comes from repetitive jabs and the like on a thai boxer style heavy bag, in sparring I've been told I hit HARD, I never used hand wraps or the like, never had major injuries, but you learn how to make a proper fist, and get a sense of impact if nothing else.

Latest Discussions