We must protect ourselves from the voter fraud problem we do not have!

OP
Bill Mattocks

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Yay! Actual voter fraud!

Now, let's take a couple quick notes, shall we?

First, did you note that it was THREE voters? While three voters can certainly change the results of an election, I'm going to tend to believe that in most cases, it doesn't.

Second, let us note that the illegal aliens in question were found (drumroll please) via their driver's licenses. Meaning what? Meaning they ALREADY HAD PHOTO ID.

Now, this leads us back to the question at hand. How would photo ID have stopped them from voting? In Michigan, for example, I have to show my driver's license and my voter registration card to vote. I got my voter registration card FROM the place I got my driver's license, the Secretary of State's office. So if Ohio had the same photo ID requirement, these guys would still have been able to vote.

The problem, it appears, stems from the fact that these three (and potentially nearly 3500 more, according to the story) got driver's licenses and on the voter registration rolls even though not eligible to vote. Sounds like Iowa has a problem with their voter registration process.

But photo ID would not have fixed this - the illegal aliens HAD photo ID. That's how they were caught.

WC_lun

Senior Master
Reaction score
It also isn't just IDs, though Bill has a great point on that. It is also kicking voters off the rolls six weeks before an election, using substandard databases. That a majority of those being sent those notification letters are Democrats and minoritues. Or trying to limit early voting in democratic majority states/counties. This is a concerted effort of Republicans to game the system in thier favor, and some of them have even admitted as much. Knowing these things, I just do not understand how how anyone thinks these actions are okay.

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score

Empty Hands

Senior Master
Reaction score
where did they mine that address? accidentally browsing dog licenses instead of drivers licenses?

One time my wife used our cat's name to get some extra free CDs from Columbia House (how about THAT blast from the past?). For several years afterwards, we would receive spam mail targeting our cat, including "pre-approved" credit card offers based on her "history of excellent credit."

WC_lun

Senior Master
Reaction score
Now a Tea Party group in Ohio is trying to get roughly 700,000 people kicked from the registered voter roles. Once again, most of those targeted are likely democratic leaning groups. Excuses being used are similiar to this, not letting college kds vote because the did not put thier dorm room number on the registration.

In other news it seems in Florida, a company hired by Republicans to get registered voters is facing voter registration fraud charges.

It seems that if Republicans cannot win by producing the better canidate then they'll influence the vote as much as they can in the swing states by any means neccesary. Of course, that blows Bill C's theory that this is all done because Democrats cheat in everything out of the water. This is a Republican strategy across many states and yeah, its cheating.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
One time my wife used our cat's name to get some extra free CDs from Columbia House (how about THAT blast from the past?). For several years afterwards, we would receive spam mail targeting our cat, including "pre-approved" credit card offers based on her "history of excellent credit."

Yeah, I dated a girl who's dogs were registered Ministers online...

billc

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
James O'keefe strikes again catching voter fraud in action...

http://pjmedia.com/jchristianadams/2012/10/10/latest-okeefe-video-shows-obama-campaign-voter-fraud/

The undercover “volunteer” tells Caballero “I’m going to vote by ballot and then I have mine here too.After the volunteer tells Caballero her plan, Caballero volunteers to help the double voter get the forms to request an absentee ballot in Florida. “I’ll print that out and you just have to mail it back,” Caballero says.

Now we have yet another reason to explain why some Democrats so aggressively oppose election integrity efforts and accuse election integrity watchdogs of phony “voter suppression.” They don’t want anyone, it seems, to know what they are really up to.

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yes, supporters of voter I.D. must be racists, for example this guy...er...wait...er...(are you sure this guy supports voter I.D. laws...really?...but...he's like, an African American guy...)

Here is a...racist?...who supports voter I.D. laws...and why he supports them...

http://pjmedia.com/blog/why-we-need-voter-id-according-to-disillusioned-democrat-artur-davis/

Few public figures can explain the voter ID issue as clearly and simply as former Congressman Artur Davis.
Davis is the man who seconded Barack Obama’s nomination at the Democratic Party’s 2008 convention. After serving in Congress from 2003 to 2011, he has since left the party, disgusted by the radicalism and race-baiting now in vogue among national Democrats.

Using simple language, Davis explained to an audience this summer that state laws requiring voters to present government-issued photo identification in order to cast their ballots are eminently sensible.
In fact, according to Davis, asking voters to present government-issued photo ID in order to vote is not a burden, contrary to the increasingly rabid claims being propagated by the Left and the mainstream media.
Davis made the comments during a panel discussion on electoral integrity that took place at the Heritage Foundation in Washington, D.C., on July 26, 2012.
Here is a transcript containing the relevant portions of his remarks:

Let me begin — I want to start by showing you something if I can, and it’s obviously something that’s at the core of what it is we’re talking about today.

Perhaps you can’t see it so well if you’re watching this on the Internet, on television, and most of you in the audience can see it all too well — you can see how bad I look.
This is a Virginia driver’s license, also known as a state-issued photo ID. Very small. Pretty innocuous-looking except for the ugly face on it.
And it’s actually even sanded around the edges, so unlike the notes I have in front of me or the notes maybe you have in front of you, you can’t even cut your hand inadvertently.
It’s a very tiny little thing that will fit in a breast pocket, fit in a wallet — you can carry it next to your pager or your BlackBerry.
It is not a billy club; if you look at it that’s clear. It’s not a fire hose.
I live in Virginia now but I come from the state of Alabama and used to represent Birmingham, Alabama, and Selma, Alabama, in the United States Congress.
I know a little something about fire hoses. It’s not this. It’s not some kind of a weapon or club that southern sheriffs used to use to keep people from voting or participating.
It’s a tiny little photo ID.
But this tiny little thing I’m holding up in my hand tends to do very weird things to people. It tends to create some very interesting political arguments.
Several months ago, two very prominent leaders of organizations, civil rights organizations, as a matter of fact in the United States, were so riled up by this tiny little thing called a photo ID that they went to the United Nations and they went to a very particular place in the United Nations called the UN Commission on Human Rights.

Now I won’t even get into the fact that Cuba sits on the UN Commission on Human Rights and Cuba would not know a free election if it walked in and did a burlesque dance in front of it.
I won’t get into the fact that China sits on the UN Commission on Human Rights — and China has many great virtues as a great competitor and sometimes partner of ours, but in China, unless you’re one of a small group of provinces that actually do get to cast votes in some of their local races, China has never had a free election in many histories of dynasties and centuries. They make us look like the rookies as old as that civilization is; they have never had a free election.

Saudi Arabia sits on the UN Commission on Human Rights. Saudi Arabia occasionally experiments with voting, but if you’re a woman you’re not part of the experiment.
You get my point. Not quite the group I would expect to judge our integrity when it comes to elections.

Reasonable people can differ about almost everything in American life today including this issue, but reasonable people shouldn’t disagree on one thing.
We have had our share of suppression, particularly in the American South. There’s no question about that. But this is not suppression.

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
When I was in grade school we did the pledge of allegiance to our flag, prayed before school started, and got a ruler to our back side if we got out of line. If the school called my house, either mom or dad would answer if they were home and not working. If I messed up in school dad would deal with it and it was never good. Values were very high and taught right at home, tv reinforced it with good programming.
My point, people just don't give a damn now a days. My dad would always say "do the right thing". Funny thing was, we all knew what the right thing was, but, not so today.

If you can legally vote that's great, find out what it takes and do it. If you can't take care of business, then you should not be able to vote. No disenfranchise involved, just follow the process and get it done.

If I am the only one that feels that this is reasonable, then, this is the problem, in a nut shell. On November 6th my vote will go to the person that best fits my feeling above.

PS, Great debate tonight, one was a goof, one was not..................

WC_lun

Senior Master
Reaction score
Billc, most people are not accusing anyone of being racist. What is being said is republicans are trying to game the system. Even if the charge was racism, showing one black guy who supports it does not negate the criticism, but rather reinforces it.

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Actually, the majority of Americans agree with requiring an I.D. to vote...

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/special_packages/inquirer/20120812_Polls_find_support_for_voter_ID_but_little_awareness.html

The Post poll shows broad support for ID laws despite party affiliation, with support from 88 percent of Republicans and 60 percent of Democrats.

And then there is this...

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Govern...ic-Survey-71-Of-Latinos-Support-Photo-ID-Laws

[h=2]A new comprehensive Pew Hispanic survey found 71% of Latinos favor photo ID laws and 97% of all registered Hispanic voters say they "are confident they have the identification needed to vote on election day."
[/h] Nationally, 77% of Americans support photo ID laws, so Latinos do not differ much from the population at large in their support of photo ID laws.
According to Pew, Latinos make up 15% of eligible voters in the 11 states that have photo ID laws: Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Indiana, Kansas, Louisiana, Michigan, New Hampshire, South Dakota and Tennessee.
And while the mainstream media tries to claim photo ID laws are being used as discriminatory weapons to burden minorities, 95% of Latinos surveyed in these 11 states said they "are confident they have the identification they will need to vote on election day."

Racism is the first tool the democrats go to to attack an opponent or an idea they disagree with, that is why racism is the only thing you hear about in this debate, since the majority of people have no problem with voter i.d. to protect the vote.

Last edited:

WC_lun

Senior Master
Reaction score
You say progressives are accusing conservatives of racism because that tends to shut down the conversation. Most progressives are not accusing anyone of racism, they are accusing some Republicans of trying to cheat. In fact, some Republicans have already admitted to cheating (see the OP). To some who are sensitive to racism, because the methods used effect more minorities than caucasians it triggers that response. It isn't about race, it is about Republicans in some states trying to supress voter turnout of Democrats through various means. So as much as you want to change the focus to the "racism" charge, that is not the core issue. Nice try on trying to change the subject though.

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
It isn't about suppressing turnout since anyone can get a free i.d., these laws have been passed and have been on the books long enough for the democrats to get i.d.s to their people. It is a sad day when preventing voter fraud is considered a way to suppress democrat voter turnout.

Here is a list of states that have passed voter i.d. laws and when they were passed...

http://www.brennancenter.org/content/resource/voter_id_laws_passed_in_2011

Wow, looking at these states it is hard to see how anyone can say voter suppression is going to happen. There is more than time in the states where it was passed and is in effect, and several of these states won't be allowed to implement the law until after the November election. Voter "supression," is just another democrat "dog whistle," to keep people from protecting the vote.

I'd say these people concerned about voter suppression could move to Canada...but if this link is accurate...you probably need i.d. to vote there as well...

http://www.elections.ca/content.aspx?section=vot&dir=ids&document=index&lang=e

Hmmm...seems to be the same for Germany and the Netherlands...the racist, voter suppressors...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voter_ID_laws#Germany

Germany

Germany has a community-based resident registration system and everyone eligible to vote receives a personal polling notification some weeks before the election by mail, indicating the polling station of the voter's precinct. Voters have to present their polling notification or a piece of photo ID (identity card, passport) when voting. The election officials may refrain from demanding identification when the voter is personally known to them, given his or her name is in the polling station's register of voters.
[edit]Netherlands

The registration office of each municipality in the Netherlands maintains a registration of all residents. Every eligible voter receives a personal polling notification by mail some weeks before the election, indicating the polling station of the voter's precinct. Voters have to present their polling notification and a piece of photo ID (passport, identity card, or drivers license) when voting. Such photo ID must not expired for more than 5 years.[SUP][3][/SUP]
[edit]

France uses i.d. and the British seem to want to suppress the Northern Ireland vote since they are the only ones who seem to need I.D to vote.

Last edited:

WC_lun

Senior Master
Reaction score
First of, we are niether France, Great Britian, Germany, or the Netherlands. Accepting that statement as true, it makes anything you have to say about what they do in thier elections moot.

How many cases of fraud have there been in those states that are now requiring voter ID that would have been stopped by the ID law? Poking around the internet and taking numbers from the different election boards, I found the number 6 cases in the last 10 years. So the Republicans are trying to put in place a cure for something that is not a problem.

Now lets go to the actual suppression tactics. First the ID law, which makes it more difficult for the poor, elderly, and disabled to vote. Regardless if the ID is free or not, getting the ID can be a hardship. There has to be supporting documents and you can't just order the ID through the mail. Then there has been the push in states to limit or do away with early voting which historically has been used most by Democrats. In Iowa it is so blatant they are only tried it in historicly Democratic counties. There have been confusing mailers sent out by various states saying valid ID is needed, when that is not the case. There has been many cases of efforts to remove voters from registrations by Tea Party groups. Those voters are mostly from Democratic leaning demographics and just about all of them have been cleared by the various states' election boards to vote. Florida tried the same thing, even though it went against thier own election laws to do so within six months of a national election. Mailers have been sent out telling people that if they voted in a primary, they do not need to vote in November. Absentee voter forms in many states have had new restrictions placed on them. The company hired by the RNC to get out the Republican vote in many swing states has been charged with election fraud. They were hired even though there have been similiar allegations of the company in past elections. Many of these tactics have been found illegal by various states' courts. All of the above indicates a concerted effort by some in the Republican party to game the system. In short, cheat. To support these efforts is to support denyng voting rights to fellow Americans for no other reason than they do not belong to your political party, which quite frankly is disgusting and not very American.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hasn't anyone thought of of the republican voter fraud, with all these good for nothings living in their mom's basement hearing these fateful words, "Hey!, you should get up and find a job! By the way your ballot came in the mail, if you would ever check the mail!, and you voted strait republican, and you also voted against the legalization of marijuana". :)

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
And Rhode Island and their voter i.d. law...

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/kevin-...democrats-disprove-media-myth-voter-id-racist

In response to multiple voter fraud complaints from his own constituents in Providence, Sen. Harold Metts, a black Democrat, led the charge in favor of a new photo voter identification law that is now operative in the Ocean State. Metts is far from alone, however. In fact, despite what the media would have you believe, minorities are more likely to support identification laws than white Americans.

Rhode Island’s new law was tested for the first time during April’s presidential primary, when voters were asked to show drivers’ licenses, passports, birth certificates, or health club IDs. Voters who did not have the necessary identification were permitted to cast provisional ballots. Beginning in 2014, only a photo ID will be accepted, but the state will provide free IDs to anyone who needs them, and provisional ballots will remain in effect for anyone who lacks an ID on Election Day.

Since 2011, Rhode Island is the only state with a Democratic legislature to pass a new voter ID requirement. The laws tend be more controversial in states where both parties are politically competitive and where a few votes could swing close elections, Metts suggested. There is no danger of the law “upsetting the apple cart” and turning Rhode Island into a Republican state, he said.

By raising the bogus specter of racism to undermine and discredit new ID laws, the news media is doing a great disservice to those Americans who are victimized by voter fraud. The list includes Democratic Rep. Anastasia Williams, an African-American from Providence, RI, who was turned away from the polls after someone illegally voted in her place.

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/kevin-...rove-media-myth-voter-id-racist#ixzz29CFQANKL

The media are on a quest to deceive the American people into believing that voter integrity measures are racist, suppressive laws written by conservatives to diminish the black, poor and elderly vote,” Danhof says. “Nothing could be further from the truth. Voter ID laws treat every eligible voter equally and with dignity.”
The study entitled “Media Shows Pervasive Bias When Covering Voter ID,”finds that journalists typically place a greater premium on race-baiting than they do on fact checking. They also tend to omit any discussion of the U.S. Supreme Court ruling in Crawford v. Marion,which upheld Indiana’s strict photo voter ID law. Justice John Paul Stevens, one of the court’s most left-wing justices, wrote for the majority in the 6-3 ruling.
“The bias is staggering,” Danhof says. “The media needlessly injects race into discussions of race-neutral voter integrity laws almost 150 times more often than it discusses their legal underpinnings. Since 2011, 37 states have passed or considered some form of voter integrity measure. Many of these laws are based on Indiana’s voter ID law that the United States Supreme Court ruled was constitutional only four years ago in the case of Crawford v. Marion.”

Contrary to the liberal-leaning paper, in Rhode Island voter fraud has been detected and exposed by Democrats who ardently support the state’s new voter ID law.
Rep. David Cicilline’s primary opponent, Anthony Gemma, told reporters during a press conference this past summer that a private investigation agency he retrained uncovered evidence that demonstrates how Cicilline’s mayoral and congressional campaigns have benefitted from voter fraud since 2002. That was the year Cicilline was elected mayor of Providence. He now occupies the congressional seat previously held by Rep. Patrick Kennedy. The evidence Gemma presented to the media includes video tapes, audio tapes and sworn statements from individuals associated with Cicilline who say they saw and sometimes participated in multiple instances of voter fraud. Gemma also told reporters that the evidence has forwarded to the Rhode Island State Police and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). Cicilline prevailed by a wide margin during the Sept. 11 primary.

Hmmm...apparently more than one Black Democrat doesn't have a problem with voter I.D. laws protecting the vote...

Last edited:

WC_lun

Senior Master
Reaction score
First I question your source. That site is definitley not an unbiased one. Second, I see no proof of voter fraud in the article, much less fraud that would be prevented by photo ID. There is hearsay in the article, but no direct knowledge of or proof of fraud. Finally, this article does absolutley nothing to address the other forms of voter supression I mentioned.

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
From Democrat Representative Anastasia Williams imbedded in the above article...

http://www.oceanstateteapartyinaction.com/ocean_state_tea_1/VOTER_ID_BILL.html

Representative Anastasia Williams (D-Providence) recounted her experience with voter fraud as she spoke on the floor of the House in the 2011 legislative session in favor of legislation requiring voter ID. Her story was powerful and highlighted the fact that voter fraud can and does happen anywhere, to anyone.

The other embedded article about voter fraud in Rhode Island.

http://oceanstatecurrent.com/analys...ed-from-voter-fraud-efforts-opponent-alleges/

U.S. Rep. David Cicilline’s political campaigns benefitted from a highly organized voter-fraud effort dating back to 2002, his Democratic primary opponent alleged in a press conference today. That was the year of Cicilline’s landslide victory to claim the office of mayor in Providence, Rhode Island.
Anthony Gemma, who is running against Cicilline in the September 11 primary, told reporters in Providence that a private investigation agency he retained uncovered evidence that demonstrates how fraudulent activity conducted in Cicilline’s name “compromises the very core of the electoral process.”
Gemma says he has presented federal and state officials with sworn statements from people associated with Cicilline who say they saw and sometimes participated in multiple instances of voter fraud.
TRP, the private investigation group Gemma hired, includes retired state police officers.

Train Illegal Voters, Break the Machines, Use Paper Ballots
Gemma’s documents allege that voter fraud has been fine-tuned to the point that willing participants can be trained to carry it out. One witness claimed that at least 10 people received instructions from a woman identified as “CA4.”
“After the election, I reviewed a list of the individuals who voted at the Elmwood Community Center,” the witness said. “I noted the presence of numerous Chinese names. I visited the residences of these individuals, all of whom told me they did not vote.”
Nevertheless, votes were recorded in their names. The voter fraud trainees included an underage male who called himself “John Smith,” the witness said. Mr. Smith voted multiple times, according to the witness statement.

All attempts at voter fraud have to be stopped, not just voting under the name of a registered, but non-voting person. That the democrats attack voter i.d., a simple way to curtail one aspect of voter fraud just means they are more than happy to cheat to win, as has been happening around the country.

I think another way to curtail voter fraud is to put ink on the hands of people who have voted. This would keep people from voting in multiple polling places.

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Here is more on voter fraud in Rhode Island...and how the democrats are using voter i.d. laws to stop it. Of course, voter suppression is an old tactic used by democrats since the end of slavery, but something tells me they aren't involved in it when they are trying to use I.D's for voting...

http://oceanstatecurrent.com/analys...e-case-for-voter-id-law-senate-democrat-says/

New Voter Fraud Allegations Bolster the Case for Voter ID Law, Senate Democrat Says

And here is how they cheat in Rhode Island...and why voter i.d. laws are needed...

One witness described how campaign operatives would build a “Not Coming” list by calling actual registered voters to determine who was unlikely to show up at the polls. The “Not Coming” list was then given to willingly accomplices, who were paid to stand in and impersonate voters, the witness said.
“I was told to call the voters on the legitimate rolls and ask if they were going to vote,” the witness explained. “If they answered ‘no,’ I was to put a ‘NC’ next to their name and then make a list of the ‘NC’ list and give it to another member of the campaign. I found out later that they used this list to give the names to people who were paid to take their place and vote.”
With the voter ID law in effect, it will become more difficult for this kind of activity to take place, Metts observed, but he did offer an important caveat.

News Busters, the original link, is just a place that collects and reports on actual stories. The Ocean State Current is where the original story came from.

Now tell me, if democrats in Rhode Island have pushed for and gotten voter I.D. laws passed for their state...are they also racists and vote suppressors...the way republicans are accused of being racists and vote suppressors?

The other forms of voter fraud have to be dealt with as well. Why would you think that because I support voter i.d. laws, that I, or others who support them, would ignore or approve of other forms of voter fraud.

Latest Discussions