We must protect ourselves from the voter fraud problem we do not have!

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Love it...

http://www.goerie.com/article/20120...nowledges-there-is-no-evidence-of-voter-fraud

Pa. acknowledges there is no evidence of voter fraud
By KAREN LANGLEY
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
HARRISBURG -- State attorneys defending the new voter ID law at a hearing beginning Wednesday will present no evidence that in-person electoral fraud is likely to occur this November without the law, according to a document signed earlier this month.

The state and the parties challenging the law agreed in the court document that neither side knows of cases of in-person voter fraud in Pennsylvania.

Backers of the requirement that most voters show an approved form of photo identification at the polls have said the law will prevent fraud and assure residents of the integrity of elections.

So...

No evidence that voter fraud has ever happened in PA, nor is it likely to occur without a photo voter ID law, by their own admission. But they need it anyway, to combat voter fraud. Which they admit doesn't happen. Well, it's for the future...which they also admit is unlikely to happen. Well, they just want it, dammit!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

Photo Voter ID laws are not for the purposes of stopping voter fraud. Period.

So what are they for?

Nobody knows.

Except they're for fighting the voter fraud that doesn't exist.

Right.

I'm buying that.

Not.

Empty Hands

Senior Master
Reaction score
Photo Voter ID laws are not for the purposes of stopping voter fraud. Period.

So what are they for?

Suppressing votes for the Democratic Party. "“Pro-Second Amendment? The Castle Doctrine, it’s done. First pro-life legislation – abortion facility regulations – in 22 years, done. Voter ID, which is gonna allow Governor Romney to win the state of Pennsylvania, done.” - Pennsylvania House Majority Leader Mike Turzai

OP
Bill Mattocks

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Suppressing votes for the Democratic Party. "“Pro-Second Amendment? The Castle Doctrine, it’s done. First pro-life legislation – abortion facility regulations – in 22 years, done. Voter ID, which is gonna allow Governor Romney to win the state of Pennsylvania, done.” - Pennsylvania House Majority Leader Mike Turzai

Wow. Just came right out and said it, didn't he?

What do you think, Tea Party guys? Still going to argue that voter photo ID laws are intended to prevent voter fraud?

http://www.politicspa.com/turzai-voter-id-law-means-romney-can-win-pa/37153/

House Majority Leader Mike Turzai (R-Allegheny) suggested that the House’s end game in passing the Voter ID law was to benefit the GOP politically.

“We are focused on making sure that we meet our obligations that we’ve talked about for years,” said Turzai in a speech to committee members Saturday. He mentioned the law among a laundry list of accomplishments made by the GOP-run legislature.

“Pro-Second Amendment? The Castle Doctrine, it’s done. First pro-life legislation – abortion facility regulations – in 22 years, done. Voter ID, which is gonna allow Governor Romney to win the state of Pennsylvania, done.”

The statement drew a loud round of applause from the audience. It also struck a nerve among critics, who called it an admission that they passed the bill to make it harder for Democrats to vote — and not to prevent voter fraud as the legislators claimed.

Turzai spokesman Stephen Miskin said voter fraud is a real problem.

“Do you remember ‘Joe Cheeseboro?’” he asked, reiterating that election fraud has occurred in PA and across the nation.

“Rep. Turzai was speaking at a partisan, political event. He was simply referencing, for the first time in a long while, the Republican Presidential candidate will be on a more even keel thanks to Voter ID…Anyone looking further into it has their own agenda.”

But wait...the state itself is going to state that voter fraud has NEVER been a problem in PA, and they don't believe it will be in upcoming elections, with or without photo voter ID laws.

Huh.

Agenda?

Yes, the GOP in PA has one.

And I think we all know what it is.

Don't we?

Empty Hands

Senior Master
Reaction score
It's a shame. I'm not against the GOP winning in principle, and I used to vote GOP prior to 2005. We need a solid conservative party (note, actual conservative, not "conservative") to ground and balance ill-considered movements. Actual conservatism has something important to offer. Too bad what we have now in the GOP is a cesspool of irrational, reactionary, resentment driven fools.

No matter what though, if you have to cheat to win, then you shouldn't win.

OP
Bill Mattocks

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It's a shame. I'm not against the GOP winning in principle, and I used to vote GOP prior to 2005. We need a solid conservative party (note, actual conservative, not "conservative") to ground and balance ill-considered movements. Actual conservatism has something important to offer. Too bad what we have now in the GOP is a cesspool of irrational, reactionary, resentment driven fools.

No matter what though, if you have to cheat to win, then you shouldn't win.

I agree with you. Everyone here knows that I call myself a conservative, but I am not a GOP member since the Reagan years. However, I tend to vote GOP when there is only a choice between GOP and DNC on a given ticket. I vote GOP 90% of the time. But like you, I am against cheaters and liars, regardless of their party. The GOP has been caught dead to rights, and this massive lie is exposed for the world to see. Shame on them.

billc

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
And yet, we never had a problem with people flying airplanes into buildings either, and some federal agents did try to warn people about those flight schools.

OP
Bill Mattocks

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
And yet, we never had a problem with people flying airplanes into buildings either, and some federal agents did try to warn people about those flight schools.

A fine reason to restrict anything you want to restrict, then. Just wave your hands in the air and say "It could happen" and that's reason to restrict it.

Nope, sorry, the GOP guy done let that cat out of the bag. He said what the law was for once he got behind closed doors. Sad you don't want admit it, but the game is up, over, done, played. The GOP is not interested in stopping non-existent voter fraud.

And what part of "and they intend to testify that they don't expect any voter fraud with or without photo voter ID" do you not get? They are admitting it themselves - in plain and simple language, in court, under penalty of perjury. It doesn't get more cut-and-dried than that, my friend.

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
No, a way to reduce the chances that the democrats will achieve a greater level of voter fraud than already exists.

http://www.americanthinker.com/2010/05/democrats_and_vote_fraud_on_th.html

Examples of vote fraud by Democrats have not been widely publicized, thanks to the symbiotic relationship between the party and most of the media. In 2000, major TV networks wrongly projected Al Gore as the winner in Florida before the polls even closed in the state's heavily Republican Panhandle. Many prospective voters stepped out of line and went home. Later studies estimated that the error had reduced President Bush's margin by 8,000 to 11,500 votes.

In his book Stealing Elections, writer John Fund suggests that another 15,000+ Bush votes were destroyed in Democrat-controlled Palm Beach County. Palm Beach reported 19,120 "over votes" -- ballots marked for more than one candidate -- representing nearly ten times the error rate for the rest of the state. Former law enforcement officials told Fund that stacks of paper ballots had been altered by pushing a thin prod through the Gore column, invalidating votes for Bush while leaving those for Gore intact. National Democrats hired a telemarketing firm to make thousands of calls to Palm Beach County on Election Day, urging residents to say they were "confused" by the ballo
t.

A spark in Houston

Last fall, 35 tea party members in Houston signed up to monitor the off-year Texas elections. The new poll watchers came back appalled at the abuses they saw. Precinct judges regularly failed to check voter IDs, and some even filled out ballots to "help" people vote. Investigating further, they made a second unpleasant discovery: Voting violation reports submitted to the District Attorney's office after the 2008 elections had yet to be processed or even reviewed. They resolved to make stopping vote fraud a top priority for 2010.

[FONT=times new roman,times]Democrats have consistently attacked anti-fraud proposals, claiming that they violate voters' civil rights. In particular, they
[FONT=times new roman,times]oppose requiring voters to show identification.[/FONT][FONT=times new roman,times] A recent poll found that 82% of Americans think a photo ID should be required to vote. However, only 25 states check any form of voter identification, and a photo ID is required by just seven.[/FONT]

[FONT=times new roman,times]A [/FONT][FONT=times new roman,times]PowerPoint presentation[/FONT][FONT=times new roman,times] available at [/FONT][FONT=times new roman,times]ElectionCenter.org[/FONT][FONT=times new roman,times] describes new election legislation proposed by congressional Democrats. They intend to nationalize voter registration and force the states to eliminate voter ID checks, provide absentee ballots to all voters, register voters on Election Day, and permit felons (who overwhelmingly support Democrats) to vote. Each of these measures would create new opportunities for fraud. [/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,times]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
The major reason this kind of fraud goes unreported is that after an election the process for checking it out isn't important...

Voting violation reports submitted to the District Attorney's office after the 2008 elections had yet to be processed or even reviewed.

I'll take voter I.D. as a safeguard because the democrats cheat, and they cheat early and often. Voter I.D. doesn't stop anyone from voting and it is an added protection against close elections being stolen by the wrong people.

OP
Bill Mattocks

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The major reason this kind of fraud goes unreported is that after an election the process for checking it out isn't important...

I'll take voter I.D. as a safeguard because the democrats cheat, and they cheat early and often. Voter I.D. doesn't stop anyone from voting and it is an added protection against close elections being stolen by the wrong people.

"The state and the parties challenging the law agreed in the court document that neither side knows of cases of in-person voter fraud in Pennsylvania."

I do not know how much more clear it could be.

Haakon

Blue Belt
Reaction score
So we're supposed to believe that voting is the one area of government that has no corruption or illegal activity in it what so ever, EVER? Yeah, right.

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
...has there ever been a serious investigation/study conducted?

I have to admit that in a society that seems to require ID of some sort to do pretty much anything official, the ability to just walk in and vote by stating your name seems odd.

But I'm not a rabbid voter ID proponent either.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

OP
Bill Mattocks

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
So we're supposed to believe that voting is the one area of government that has no corruption or illegal activity in it what so ever, EVER? Yeah, right.

In the absence of proof of any kind, yes. I believe you have never robbed a bank. Because I have no proof.

OP
Bill Mattocks

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
...has there ever been a serious investigation/study conducted?

Yes. No evidence of voter fraud sufficient to change the outcome of any election has been detected.

I have to admit that in a society that seems to require ID of some sort to do pretty much anything official, the ability to just walk in and vote by stating your name seems odd.

It would be odd. But you can't do that. Generally, you have to register to vote. When you go to vote, your name has to appear on the rolls in that precinct. You present your voter ID card (no photo on mine, it's just mailed to me) and they cross your name off and give you a ballot. You go vote.

Has no one around here ever actually voted? I get the feeling that not many actually have a freaking clue how it's done.

But I'm not a rabbid voter ID proponent either.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

I'm all for stopping voter fraud. Let me know when there is some. No fraud, no need for photo voter ID. If it's demanded, there's a different reason for it than is being given. And if you read my the posts in this thread, you now know what that reason is; they said it themselves.

Haakon

Blue Belt
Reaction score
But Bill there IS proof of voter fraud. In district after district there are findings of dead people voting, of illegals who somehow get registered to vote, and vote. How much voter fraud is too much?

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/16662854/2012/02/02/nbc2-investigates-voter-fraud
"I vote every year," Hinako Dennett told NBC2.The Cape Coral resident is not a US citizen, yet she's registered to vote.

NBC2 found Dennett after reviewing her jury excusal form. She told the Clerk of Court she couldn't serve as a juror because she wasn't a U.S. citizen.

We found her name, and nearly a hundred others like her, in the database of Florida registered voters.

Naples resident Yvonne Wigglesworth is also a not a citizen, but is registered to vote. She claims she doesn't know how she got registered.

"I have no idea. I mean, how am I supposed to know."

Records show Wigglesworth voted six times in elections dating back eleven years.

Haakon

Blue Belt
Reaction score
It would be odd. But you can't do that. Generally, you have to register to vote. When you go to vote, your name has to appear on the rolls in that precinct. You present your voter ID card (no photo on mine, it's just mailed to me) and they cross your name off and give you a ballot. You go vote.

Has no one around here ever actually voted? I get the feeling that not many actually have a freaking clue how it's done.

ALL voting is done by mail in WA now, they mail out the ballot, you fill it out and mail it back. You register to get a ballot online now and never have to actually see a living person, and in WA illegals can get valid state ID.

After the 2004 election in WA I have absolutely no doubt there is voter fraud in this state/county.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Why shouldn't you show an ID to vote? And don't give me the crap about its a right. Its a right I can buy a gun but I still need to show my Id to buy one. Every right we have has a restriction on it.

OP
Bill Mattocks

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
But Bill there IS proof of voter fraud. In district after district there are findings of dead people voting, of illegals who somehow get registered to vote, and vote. How much voter fraud is too much?

"The state and the parties challenging the law agreed in the court document that neither side knows of cases of in-person voter fraud in Pennsylvania."

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

Says your article but others have posted articles saying there is voter fraud so why should you believe yours not the others?

OP
Bill Mattocks

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Says your article but others have posted articles saying there is voter fraud so why should you believe yours not the others?

Because it is the state itself - testifying in court to that effect. Why would they testify against their own interests, hmmm? Because of perjury laws, that's why. Sworn testimony by state officials in court holds a bit more water for me than your sources. Especially when it's the state officials who WANT the photo ID law but are forced by law to testify it won't do anything.

Latest Discussions