We must protect ourselves from the voter fraud problem we do not have!

billc

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
And here is some democrat leadership talking to our favorite undercover journalist and his merry men, and women, James O'keefe and a voter fraud hidden camera interview...

Pat Moran, the son of a candidate actually talks about how best to commit voter fraud...and encourages the undercover journalist that he has to be very good at it...so he doesn't get caught...

Here is a link to the video...the advice on actual voter fraud starts at the 3:30 mark...

http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2012/10/24...n-voter-fraud/

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2012/10/democrat_boss_caught_on_video_planning_vote_fraud.html

Moran also unwittingly explained why Democrats steadfastly oppose voter-ID laws: he told the reporter that such laws would make vote fraud more difficult. Nonetheless, as indicated earlier, he had [COLOR=#11B000 !important]advice[/COLOR] on how to circumvent the system at the ready.
Now, note that Moran talks about this plotted vote fraud as if it's nothing unusual. This raises the question: how many similar incidents occur that we never even hear about?
Another case we did hear about came out of Bridgeport, Connecticut, where just a week and a half ago Mayor Bill Finch was caught on video joking (boasting?) about being able to steal an election.
While meeting with Democrat CT congressman Chris Murphy, who is running neck-and-neck for the US Senate against Republican Linda McMahon, Finch said that "even if it takes a couples of days to get the results, 'You can be guaranteed you're going to get the vote,'" writes The Weekly Standard. By the way, Finch and Murphy were comrades in their state senate for four years, and Finch has a history of stealing elections via Bridgeport ballots.
Then there's another kind of machine politics. There was a report yesterday that voters in Guilford County, North Carolina found that their Mitt Romney ballots automatically defaulted to Barack Obama at the Bur-Mil Park polling location. Writes MyFox8.com:
Sher Coromalis...says she cast her ballot for Governor Mitt Romney, but every time she entered her vote the machine defaulted to President Obama.
...Guilford County Board of Elections Director George Gilbert says the problem arises every election. It can be resolved after the machine is re-calibrated by poll workers.
"It's not a conspiracy [sic] it's just a machine that needs to be corrected," Gilbert said.
...Marie Haydock, who also voted at the Bur-Mil Park polling location, had the same problem.
Is it my imagination, or is this problem that arises every election one where machines just always happen to malfunction in favor of Democrats?
I've said for a long time that this election is going to be the dirtiest in US history, mainly because the left moves ever further down the rabbit hole of relativism, which begets an end-justifies-the-means mentality. Moreover, I truly believe that these liberal political operatives can steal enough votes in swing states such as Ohio, Pennsylvania, and New Mexico to turn them in Obama's favor and thus steal the election. Remember, you don't need an October Surprise when you have a November 6 Surprise.

Last edited:

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Different rights, different threats to the public, different restrictions. None of us need to show photo ID to pray or to speak publicly.

The state has not shown a compelling threat to the public by allowing people to vote with just a non-photo voter ID card.

I would think, however, this fits your slippery slope thread pretty well. "If you need to present an ID to exercise an Inalienable right, than soon you may have to present photo ID to exercise Every inalienable right."

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: The only reason I support Voter ID is because the Majority who oppose it are the same clowns who support Firearm Id's. If I have to pay fees and jump thru hoops for my rights than **** you so do you.

WC_lun

Senior Master
Reaction score
I would think, however, this fits your slippery slope thread pretty well. "If you need to present an ID to exercise an Inalienable right, than soon you may have to present photo ID to exercise Every inalienable right."

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: The only reason I support Voter ID is because the Majority who oppose it are the same clowns who support Firearm Id's. If I have to pay fees and jump thru hoops for my rights than **** you so do you.

What a mature and well thought out reason to support voter ID :(

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
In the case of Firearm i.d.'s, they are okay with them because they see it as one way to block ownership of firearms, or at least to make it a little more difficult for the average person to get one. For the voter i.d., stopping them it isn't a problem for them because it would make it harder to cheat at the polls. That is why they have a double standard when it comes to i.d.s being necessary to access "rights."

WC_lun

Senior Master
Reaction score
In the case of Firearm i.d.'s, they are okay with them because they see it as one way to block ownership of firearms, or at least to make it a little more difficult for the average person to get one. For the voter i.d., stopping them it isn't a problem for them because it would make it harder to cheat at the polls. That is why they have a double standard when it comes to i.d.s being necessary to access "rights."

Nonsense. The ID for buying a gun is because in the past there have been people buying guns that should not have been, including minors and felons. So the law for id was put in place to curb it. In regards to voter iD, there is virtually no fraud happening. most of the fraud that is happening would not be stopped by voter ID. The voter ID isn't about stopping fraud, but rather making it more difficult for poor, elderly, and disabled to vote, whichas a whole vore more for democrats than republicans.

It is also very hypocritical to say that you are against ID'ing gun purchasers because it is your right to purchase a gun, but in the next breath say you want it for voting. So in your mind, as long as it isn't your rights being infringed on, its okay?

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
You don't need i.d. to purchase a gun if you have an instacheck system in place that would simply confirm that the buyer had no criminal history that would prevent them from buying a firearm. As to voting, I'm not saying voter i.d. should be used to prevent voting but to keep someone else from voting and stealing, someone elses vote. The situations are different and voter i.d. makes sense, only hysterical people disagree with it.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
So in your mind, as long as it isn't your rights being infringed on, its okay?

Yes that seems to be EXACTLY what is being said: "YOU need a ID to buy a gun, but how dare you demand an Id for ME to vote." Thanks for pointing that out, because that's exactly my argument... I want it all to be fair an balanced, not skewed to one side. I think that if more Mature and Well thought out than "ZOMG TERRIFIYING GUNS, STOP PEOPLE FROM GETTING THEM CUZ I'M SO ASKEERED!" which is what most of the arguments come down to in the end. Also, you are incorrect in the assumption that Gun restrictions were put in place to stop people who shouldn't have guns from buying them... they were originally put in place to stop minorities from owning them, TYVM.

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hmmmm...obama voted early...they asked for a photo i.d....he didn't have it and wasn't allowed to vote...just kidding, he showed his i.d. and voted and basically said it wasn't a big deal. Wow! Obama supports racism and voter suppression apparently.

http://dailycaller.com/2012/10/25/barack-obama-votes-early-in-chicago-is-asked-to-show-id-video/

“This was really
convenient
,” he added, referring to the early voting process. “I can’t tell you who I voted for. But I very much appreciate everybody here. It’s good to be home back in the neighborhood.”

Obama and other Democrats — most notably, Eric Holder and other Justice Department officials — have railed against voter ID laws, claiming they serve as barriers to minority voters’ participation in the electoral process.
Obama’s Justice Department has sued several states for enacting voter ID laws like the one in place at his polling precinct.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/10/25/b...cago-is-asked-to-show-id-video/#ixzz2AMHerNCO

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Its perhaps a regional thing, but I deal with the "poor minority" segment quite often and a large percentage of them seem to have some form of ID on them. While I'm not sold on requiring photo ID to vote, I don't see a huge lack of it where I live....or an inability to get it. Most poor have a benefit card issued by the state.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

OP
Bill Mattocks

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/201...sleading-billboards?google_editors_picks=true

Pennsylvania Officials Accused of Running Misleading Voter ID Ads
—By Josh Harkinson| Tue Oct. 30, 2012 3:03 AM PDT
Early this month, a federal judge partially overturned Pennsylvania's voter ID law, ruling that the state couldn't require voters to show photo identification at the polls until after the 2012 election. But the ruling has not stopped the state from running ads suggesting otherwise—ads that have disproportionately targeted urban and minority communities that tend to vote for Democrats.

In English, the billboard pictured above reads: "This election, if you've got it, show it." It is one of 58 billboards erected by Pennsylvania's Republican-led Department of State, mostly in Democratic-leaning Philadelphia and Pittsburgh. Though Latinos make up only 6 percent of the state's population, about 20 percent of the billboards are in Spanish. Similar Spanish-language ads appear on public buses.

Because it's not about convincing the Hispanic population not to vote. Not at all.

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Sooo...if they buy into what these ads are saying...they will bring an i.d., though it is not needed till after 2012, and then when they show it to the pollster, they will be told it isn't necessary until after 2012...and then they will vote. Hmmmm...devious isn't it. Not quite like the fire hoses, night sticks and police dogs, the fire bombing and the lynchings employed by the democrats to supress the black vote, but...well, there is still no comparison...they still get to vote, wether they have i.d. or not.

WC_lun

Senior Master
Reaction score
The ads are deceptive and they are being put in nieghborhoods that have historically voted democratic. Seems if those ads were truly for information purposes, they would be put into heavily republican voting areas as well...or do republicans not need information on voting?

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Both candidates are so close on all of the positions that matter.

Both sides have been cheating as long as anyone can remember?

How is this different from Pro Wrestling?

WC_lun

Senior Master
Reaction score
Pro wrestling effects very few people in real world in a substatiative way. Potus and congress can and does effect just about everyone's life here in the US and many times people around the world as well. Play the disenfranchised as much as you like, but the differences really don't need to be explained to you, do they?

OP
Bill Mattocks

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm having a little trouble understanding the responses I am reading to the report that the state of Pennsylvania is running billboards telling people they need ID to vote when in fact they do not.

Let me just run through this really quickly.

First, I made the charge (as many others have) that attempts to create photo voter ID laws are not actually intended to protect the integrity of the voting process, since there is no evidence of any kind of massive voter fraud that would be stopped by the use of such laws, but is actually a thinly-disguised attempt to keep a certain segment of the population from voting. Generally, this segment is poor, often comprised of racial minorities, and tends to vote Democrat. The fact that the GOP is almost 100% behind these efforts lends credence to that belief.

Now, since the voter photo ID law has been tossed out in Pennsylvania by the courts, the STATE is posting billboard advertisements, most heavily in Hispanic neighborhoods, telling people that they HAVE to have ID to vote, which is fact a lie.

I do not understand how ANYONE can still defend this behavior as not having the ulterior motive of trying to keep (in this case) Hispanic voters from voting.

There is absolutely NO DIFFERENCE between them running these billboards and running ads that say, for example, "Remember, you must be white if you want to vote!" Or, "Remember, only land-owners can vote!" Or, "Don't forget, only men have the right to vote!" It's the same damned thing.

Professional wrestling? Are you kidding me? These are our elected officials spending taxpayer money to tell Hispanic citizens that they can't vote without photo ID, when in fact the courts have said that is a LIE. If they show up without photo ID, they WILL be allowed to vote, the court made that ruling and it's a done deal. The state running billboards saying the opposite is nothing more than a very clear attempt at voter intimidation and I do not see how any decent human being could possibly think otherwise.

Night sticks and firehoses? billcihak you just basically agreed with me. You're no longer denying that this is voter intimidation by the state, or that the purpose is to keep Hispanics from voting, you're just arguing that it's not as bad as it could have been. Wow. Are you serious? Before, you were angrily decrying the notion that voter photo ID laws were intended to disenfranchise legitimate voters, now you're just shrugging it off as not as bad is it could have been. Wow. I'm glad you're finally admitting that it's nothing more than voter intimidation, but I'm shocked that you think it's OK because it doesn't involve violence.

I guess I'm just flabbergasted because now it is so out in the open. We've dropped all pretenses, and it appears that my accusation was correct all along. No one is even denying it now, they're just playing it off like it could have been worse. Let me make this clear. Voter intimidation is illegal. It's wrong. It's frankly f'ing evil. And the GOP is making it very clear that this is exactly what they are doing, they are not even hiding it now. They are not even PRETENDING that voter photo ID laws are intended to protect the integrity of the voting process, they are clearly stating that the entire purpose is to keep people who have a low income from voting. And then they shrug like it's no big deal. After all, if citizens reject their attempts to intimidate them and show up anyway, they'll be allowed to vote, so what's the big deal?

The big deal is it's evil.

WC_lun

Senior Master
Reaction score
“Voter ID, which is gonna allow Governor Romney to win Pennsylvania, done.”
-Pennsylvania House Majority Leader Mike Turzai (R)
June 26th 2012

They've been admitting it for a while. It just seems that a lot of people just don't give a damn.

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Sorry, I'm not dropping anything. My example of firehoses and nightsticks was to show how real voter suppression is conducted by experts, the democrats. This claim that voter i.d. laws are voter suppression are silly.

Early this month, a federal judge partially overturned Pennsylvania's voter ID law, ruling that the state couldn't require voters to show photo identification at the polls until after the 2012 election. But the ruling has not stopped the state from running ads suggesting otherwise—ads that have disproportionately targeted urban and minority communities that tend to vote for Democrats.

In English, the billboard pictured above reads: "This election, if you've got it, show it."

considering that President obama had to show photo i.d. to vote here in Illinois just shows, again, how silly the complaints about voter i.d. are.

"Remember, you must be white if you want to vote!"

The above quote isn't even close to being on par with remember to bring your i.d. to vote. They aren't being told they can't vote because of their ethnicity, color or country of origin. The people in these communities, as well as all the other communities in the state need i.d. to bank, drive, get insurance, cash checks and any number of other day to day activities. The only people who may not vote when they see these ads is people who don't have i.d. and odds are, if they don't have some form of basic i.d. needed for daily life, they shouldn't be voting in the election in the first place.

"This election, if you've got it, show it."

This add above doesn't say if you don't have i.d. you can't vote. It doesn't say if you don't have it don't show up. It says "If" you have it "show it." Real voter suppression would say if you don't have i.d. you can't vote and will be arrested...major difference.

Besides, the law is only being blocked for this election because the judge wants to help obama get elected. That is why it wasn't completely overturned, just postponed. I believe they have already used it in previous election cycles as a run up to this year, and then the judge stepped in.

Since the law will still go into effect, after obama has his chance to be re-elected, once again, the objections to voter i.d. are silly.

Wow, so the republicans don't want the democrats stealing pennsylvania for obama through voter fraud, yeah, that makes them bad guys...not.

OP
Bill Mattocks

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This add above doesn't say if you don't have i.d. you can't vote. It doesn't say if you don't have it don't show up. It says "If" you have it "show it." Real voter suppression would say if you don't have i.d. you can't vote and will be arrested...major difference.

Nope. It's playing word games for the EXPRESS purpose of making people think that they can't vote if they don't have ID. There is no other reason.

This is very clear. It's a deliberate GOP attempt to persuade Democrat voters to stay home. And it's wrong. I don't want Obama to win, but I'll be damned if I will support this kind of evil.

It's evil and I believe you in your heart it's evil. Defending it is repulsive. The facade has been dropped, this is nothing more than a blatant attempt voter suppression by the PA GOP, and defending it is morally reprehensible. That's not even open for debate at this point, as far as I am concerned.

Master Dan

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Pro wrestling effects very few people in real world in a substatiative way. Potus and congress can and does effect just about everyone's life here in the US and many times people around the world as well. Play the disenfranchised as much as you like, but the differences really don't need to be explained to you, do they?
If Romney had been the president the last 4 years there would be little or no FEMA to help New York City or the states that are now disaster areas due to Huricane Sandy. The point is not those who show up to vote ID or no but those who do not because of miss information on polling places dates, ID requirements and even direct mail letters to intimidate resulting in indirect poll taxes on those who cannot afford it will stay at home and not vote.

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yes, why worry about voter i.d.s when the democrats have so many other ways they are going to try to steal the election in individual states...

http://www.marionstar.com/article/20121031/NEWS03/310310009/Problem-found-board-elections?nclick_check=1

MARION — Joan Stevens was one of several early voters at the polls on Monday. But when Stevens tried to cast her ballot for president, she noticed a problem.

Upon selecting “Mitt Romney” on the electronic touch screen, Barack Obama’s name lit up.
It took Stevens three tries before her selection was accurately recorded.
“You want to vote for who you want to vote for, and when you can’t it’s irritating,” Stevens said.
Stevens said she alerted Jackie Smith, a board of elections member who was present. Smith declined to comment, but Stevens says she mentioned that the machine had been having problems all day.
Stevens also reported the issue to Sophia Rogers, the director of the board of elections for Marion County.
Rogers said the machine worked fine when she and others tried voting on it. No one else had reported problems with the voting machines malfunctioning.
Rogers suggested the issue may have been caused by not hitting the button directly or tapping with more than one finger. Stevens was aware the machine had to be operated a certain way.
“I know how to do the voting,” Stevens said.

As to evil? There are a great many things in this world that are truly evil, voter i.d.s are not one of them.