Was Fred Villari a proponent of weight training?

OP
J

juruth

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
you do realize the same could be asked of you that you asked gyoja

basically verifiable statistics.

There is also a very different mind set in a prison and is martial arts even offered in prison, if so why or why not?

I am not against weight training, I just do not believe it is the only thing you need to be physically fit. But your post just leads to more questions, that without answers, does not support your argument using prisons as an example.
Could you please be specific?

gyoja

Master Black Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And how is that an example? What is your own personal experience in that facility?
Working with the prison guards and the criminal justice department at the local university. They asked our department to help develop an RFID system to help track offenders. This was requested, in part, because the guards couldn’t always identify all of the parties involved with the assaults.

OP
J

juruth

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Working with the prison guards and the criminal justice department at the local university. They asked our department to help develop an RFID system to help track offenders. This was requested, in part, because the guards couldn’t always identify all of the parties involved with the assaults.
And how is this germane to our discussion?

gyoja

Master Black Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And how is this germane to our discussion?
The problem that we were asked to address existed because they hunted in packs and preyed on the weak.

OP
J

juruth

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
The problem that we were asked to address existed because they hunted in packs and preyed on the weak.
Ok, so you describe an environment where packs of malevolent convicts prey on the vulnerable. How does this relate to weightlifting in prison as a means of enhancing one's formidablilty?

gyoja

Master Black Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, so you describe an environment where packs of malevolent convicts prey on the vulnerable. How does this relate to weightlifting in prison as a means of enhancing one's formidablilty?
It is in response to your request for evidence. The strength of the offender was not the issue, but the number of offenders in one location was.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Could you please be specific?
nice dodge.

More specific how, in telling you your statement is just as invalid as the one you are questioning with out similar data to back it up

Saying martial arts is not taught in prisons and asking why yet weight lifting was available wondering why it is not taught. And since it is not taught, not really comparable to weight training which is available Can't be much more specific than I was, but if you choose to avoid answering because you don't have an answer then that's fine too.... but you didn't have an answer nor does it appear you can back up your statement anymore than the one you questioned

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
He provided that first. You asked him for examples that's what they do, here:
Could you provide some examples of this OTHER THAN from cinema?
Now he provided examples, and you are asking him for his initial explanation again. Very cyclical.

OP
J

juruth

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
He provided that first. You asked him for examples that's what they do, here:

Now he provided examples, and you are asking him for his initial explanation again. Very cyclical.
A. He has not provided anything other than an anecdote

B. How does describing prison as a dangerous place "disprove" my assertion?

OP
J

juruth

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
nice dodge.

More specific how, in telling you your statement is just as invalid as the one you are questioning with out similar data to back it up

Saying martial arts is not taught in prisons and asking why yet weight lifting was available wondering why it is not taught. And since it is not taught, not really comparable to weight training which is available Can't be much more specific than I was, but if you choose to avoid answering because you don't have an answer then that's fine too.... but you didn't have an answer nor does it appear you can back up your statement anymore than the one you questioned
Are you sure martial arts are unavailable in prisons? Have you researched that?

gyoja

Master Black Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He has not provided anything other than an anecdote
I provided research conducted by the Geography Department at Sam Houston State University. Feel free to look it up and read the vast amounts of data on the subject.
How does describing prison as a dangerous place "disprove" my assertion?
The data clearly indicates that offenders in numbers is the most significant threat, not level of fitness.

OP
J

juruth

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I provided research conducted by the Geography Department at Sam Houston State University. Feel free to look it up and read the vast amounts of data on the subject.

The data clearly indicates that offenders in numbers is the most significant threat, not level of fitness.
Link?

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Are you sure martial arts are unavailable in prisons? Have you researched that?
I asked you that, is it? I said I was not sure..
There is also a very different mind set in a prison and is martial arts even offered in prison, if so why or why not?
so asking me the same question I asked you is not an answer, but another good attempt at dodging ....

OP
J

juruth

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I asked you that, is it? I said I was not sure..

so asking me the same question I asked you is not an answer, but another good attempt at dodging ....
I'm simply indicating your unpreparedness in defending your position.

gyoja

Master Black Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, where are "the vast amounts of data" you are referring to?
Sam Houston State University, as stated above. You can also check out the Texas Department of Corrections website.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I'm simply indicating your unpreparedness in defending your position.
no, you are simply indicating that, I ask questions you do not answered, I point out that the post you made in response is about as valid or invalid as the post you are attacking, and then you ask me the question I asked you in response and then tell me I am not prepared....really...seriously.... and I'm not prepared.....wow....You are not very good at this Troll stuff are you..... answer questions, stop making accusations that leave you open for the same exact accusations, stop asking for proof of thing with examples you yourself seem to be unable to, or unwilling to back up in any way shape of form and you may get someplace... until then, stop wasting my time.... and I will no longer allow you to waste mine

OP
J

juruth

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Sam Houston State University, as stated above. You can also check out the Texas Department of Corrections website.
I couldn't find anything about it. Post a link please.