Villari's masters Program

ChadWarner

Green Belt
Reaction score
Ehhhh this thread is like two years old, I think you might be a little late with your response.

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yeah, the original post is old, BUT, sometimes a subject, like this one can be aired again so the new people can learn from this guys example.

If your instructor offers you a spot in a "Master Program" boys and girls, RUN

Hand Sword

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
In the Void (Where still, this merciless GOD torme
As I was a once serious practicing martial artist, and have always taken that mindset with regard to it, I would say that overall, I'm not in favor of such things and would agree with running. However, since the martial art world is now all about this kind of stuff, finacially, it might not seem a bad idea. Pay once and never again might sound good. Also, since these school chains aren't going away anytime soon, and are instead becoming the majority, these programs might be better suited for people to take up. It opens up future business and financial opportunites. Let's face it, the old ruff and tumble days and ways are gone and most likely won't be back. If you are of the few that prefer the old ways of doing things--you can. In the end worry about yourself, let others do what they want, and offer council if asked. If they follow-great, if not--doesn't affect you.

ChadWarner

Green Belt
Reaction score
Didn't know there was a time limit. I thought he posted some good info. Welcome to the forum yogaji.

How do you know if the school is there anymore or if it even offers this kind of program to date? Or too many other variables that time can change.

Danjo

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
As I was a once serious practicing martial artist, and have always taken that mindset with regard to it, I would say that overall, I'm not in favor of such things and would agree with running. However, since the martial art world is now all about this kind of stuff, finacially, it might not seem a bad idea. Pay once and never again might sound good. Also, since these school chains aren't going away anytime soon, and are instead becoming the majority, these programs might be better suited for people to take up. It opens up future business and financial opportunites. Let's face it, the old ruff and tumble days and ways are gone and most likely won't be back. If you are of the few that prefer the old ways of doing things--you can. In the end worry about yourself, let others do what they want, and offer council if asked. If they follow-great, if not--doesn't affect you.

Well you're dead wrong about the martial arts world being all about this stuff and the old-school stuff being gone. It might not be advertised in magazines the way the fluffy stuff is, but it's still there. Most BJJ schools, Muy Thai, Kyokushin, SL4 and Krav Maga still practice pretty hard, and I KNOW Kajukenbo does.

Shady business practices are wrong regardless, and I think there is nothing wrong with someone that was affiliated with that organization coming forward and adding to this thread.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
How do you know if the school is there anymore or if it even offers this kind of program to date? Or too many other variables that time can change.

Does Villari still exist!!! I am going to go with yes.

Not Vallari but...

See any good bajiquan schools lately? ….. no!! … and likely you won’t, a lot of the real hard core guys do not advertise and they do not teach just anyone.

See any real Police/Military Sanda schools lately? … no!!… and likely you won’t because they don’t advertise or teach just anyone either.

I will admit the fluff outweighs the serious hard training schools but it is still there. They just don’t advertise

Well you're dead wrong about the martial arts world being all about this stuff and the old-school stuff being gone. It might not be advertised in magazines the way the fluffy stuff is, but it's still there. Most BJJ schools, Muy Thai, Kyokushin, SL4 and Krav Maga still practice pretty hard, and I KNOW Kajukenbo does.

Shady business practices are wrong regardless, and I think there is nothing wrong with someone that was affiliated with that organization coming forward and adding to this thread.

Agreed

ChadWarner

Green Belt
Reaction score
Does Villari still exist!!! I am going to go with yes.

I didn't ask if villari exists, no where did I make that statement. I said does that school exist with that particular program. Kinda makes all the difference in the world doesnt' it?

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I didn't ask if villari exists, no where did I make that statement. I said does that school exist with that particular program. Kinda makes all the difference in the world doesnt' it?

Not if you are looking at this form the POV of say Danjo's post and on MT post do evolve and old posts get revisited as well. But if that is not your cup of tea then why get involved at all

And since Villari still sells DVDs white belt to black belt to learn at home I think this is a relevant post.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Let's face it, the old ruff and tumble days and ways are gone and most likely won't be back. If you are of the few that prefer the old ways of doing things--you can. In the end worry about yourself, let others do what they want, and offer council if asked. If they follow-great, if not--doesn't affect you.

Well, I have to agree with Danjo on this. Frankly, this is one of the things that irks me the most about some of the arts today. They're so watered down, with little to no contact because someone is afraid they may break a nail. I've always viewed the arts as self defense, first and foremost.

Now, don't get me wrong, if you bang hard all the time, it may start to take a toll on you. But, if all you do is fluff, well...God help you if you ever need to defend yourself. Take sparring for example. Some days I'll go a bit lighter, but the contact is still there. If you can't even hit someone because you're afraid of hurting someone feelings, having to fear them leaving, etc., well, how good is that for your training? Not very IMO.

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I don't. And you don't either. I still think he posted good info. Got it?

ChadWarner

Green Belt
Reaction score
I don't. And you don't either. I still think he posted good info. Got it?

Unless you have experienced it yourself it is heresay- got it? If there were video to be scrutinized sure post away. And if the school is no longer villari affiliated his name was dragged through the mud for no reason... This also happens frequently.

Danjo

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Unless you have experienced it yourself it is heresay- got it? If there were video to be scrutinized sure post away. And if the school is no longer villari affiliated his name was dragged through the mud for no reason... This also happens frequently.

Your Honor, move to strike the witness' remark as non-responsive.

;)

ChadWarner

Green Belt
Reaction score
Not if you are looking at this form the POV of say Danjo's post and on MT post do evolve and old posts get revisited as well. But if that is not your cup of tea then why get involved at all

And since Villari still sells DVDs white belt to black belt to learn at home I think this is a relevant post.

And who left you the keeper of Kenpo? I was here at the start of MT, just took a couple of years off. So I have heard all this before. Unless evidence is shown- it just sounds like whining to me. Then again go to a commercial school you get what you deserve.

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Master's Program = teh Suxxors

LOL

I have often wondered about Villari though. I mean I got to give the man props, he is a snappy dresser. All those gold strikes on the sleeves? thats cool

Rabu

Green Belt
Reaction score
I hope the guy found a good school which gave him the instruction and attention he was looking for. Or at least a more stable environment.

I echo the commentary made by Danjo, which I often do, seek the styles he mentions if you wish to train at a higher level.

best regards,

Rob

Danjo

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Master's Program = teh Suxxors

LOL

I have often wondered about Villari though. I mean I got to give the man props, he is a snappy dresser. All those gold strikes on the sleeves? thats cool

Well, the only one's that I have heard comment on how impressive he is are his own students. Take that for what you will.

Hand Sword

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
In the Void (Where still, this merciless GOD torme
Great advice!!! Since they are loud mouths on both sides of any argument, one should take it ALL for what it is. If you're interested in finding out about something or someone--research, experience and find out for yourself.

Danjo

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Great advice!!! Since they are loud mouths on both sides of any argument, one should take it ALL for what it is. If you're interested in finding out about something or someone--research, experience and find out for yourself.

Or, you could ask others on a forum like this one. Sort of what it exists for eh?

Latest Discussions