USAT / WTF member national ***. stress

Master Dan

Master Black Belt
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I found this post today interesting

This is the best news I have heard in regard to the USAT nightmare.

I have some extra time next week, so I'll stop by the WTF office and explain what a total mess the current WTF Member National Association in the USA has created.

USAT leadership, commissions, and board members, past and present,lack of Taekwondo knowledge combined with their ignorant actions have cause irreversible damage to the image of Taekwondo within the USA and throughout the rest of the Taekwondo world.

It's a struggle for my seniors to teach current USAT athletes to have at least a spec of discipline and not to be an a**hole while on team events. It's like the good seniors have their finger in the crack in the dam trying to hold back the complete collapse and loss of character. You may ask where do these athletes get this attitude from? Their coaches and teachers, the current USAT leadership.

It's time for USA Taekwondoin, whether you are a member of USAT or not, to let the WTF, Kukkiwon and the TPF know exactly what a mess things have turned out to be in the USAT, and to let the WTF know that you recommend they select another Member National Association for the USA.

I am going to do the best I can to make this happen. The time has come to select another Member National Association for the USA.

Al Cole

NEW WTF COMPETITON RULES:

Updated USAT Competition Rules in place for next month's Olympic Trials

Bill Kellick October 22, 2010

USA Taekwondo has updated its competition rules to reflect the latest
rule changes adopted by the World Taekwondo Federation.
Under the new WTF Competition Rules, four points will be awarded to an
athlete for a valid turning kick to the head. In case of 12 points
difference between athletes at the time of the completion of the
second round or at any time during the third round, the referee shall
stop the contest and shall declare the person leading by 12 or more
points the winner.

The new rules will be in place for the Olympic Trials taking place
Nov. 13-14 in Colorado Springs. To view the complete Competition Rules

I would assume we are still given 2 points or 3 points for a strait kick to the head? Anyone care to comment I would appreciate that.

Also three warnings = one deduction, three deductions = disqualification? yes?

Thank you Master Dan

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
The new rules will be in place for the Olympic Trials taking place
Nov. 13-14 in Colorado Springs. To view the complete Competition Rules

I would assume we are still given 2 points or 3 points for a strait kick to the head? Anyone care to comment I would appreciate that.

Also three warnings = one deduction, three deductions = disqualification? yes?

Thank you Master Dan
This has already been discussed. Use link for that discussion.
http://www.martialtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90805

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
As for a link of the first comment above, no link. it was an email to tkd-net newsletter. heres the full thing as distributed.... goes out to the world.... including some USAT leaders who post there.... so they read it!!!

Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 22:34:40 -0400
Subject: [tkd-net] USA needs another MNA
To: [email protected]
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"

This is the best news I have heard in regard to the USAT nightmare.

I have some extra time next week, so I'll stop by the WTF officeand explain what a total mess thecurrent WTF Member National Association in the USA has created.

USAT leadership, commissions, and board members, past and present,lack of Taekwondo knowledge combinedwith their ignorant actions have cause irreversible damage to the image of Taekwondo within the USA and throughoutthe rest of the Taekwondo world.

It's a struggle for my seniors to teach current USAT athletes tohave at least a spec of discipline and not to be an a**hole while on teamevents. It's like the good seniors have their finger in the crack inthe dam trying to hold back the complete collapse and loss of character. Youmay ask where do these athletes get this attitude from? Their coaches and teachers, the current USATleadership.

It's time for USA Taekwondoin, whether you are a member of USAT ornot, to let
the WTF, Kukkiwon and the TPF know exactly what a mess things haveturned out to be in the USAT, and to let the WTF know that you recommendthey select another Member National Association for the USA.

I am going to do the best I can to make this happen. The time hascome to select another MemberNational Association for the USA.

Al Cole

Now,
every country can get the qualifications, to become a member country
without approval of NOC if WTF approves. According to WTF, ?IOC
accepted WTF as an international organization, therefore if WTF
approves an organization it means NOC of each country should approve
it as well. In the past, when more than two organizations in a country
had a dispute, if NOC approves an organization then WTF should follow
by NOC?s decision but now WTF can manage all things.

Latest Discussions