USAT Point System

Bones

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Any idea where i can find the current tabulation for ranking on the usat website or when they will begin to post the stats?

From a National Qualifier pdf:

8. USAT POINT SYSTEM:​
2010 will be the inaugural year for the USA Taekwondo Domestic Point System. The purpose of the system is to facilitate
meaningful competition on a national scale that rewards USA Taekwondo athlete members at all skill levels for both
participation and achievement at USA Taekwondo and USA Taekwondo-Sanctioned Events during each event year.
For the 2010 calendar year, points will be earned in sparring only; poomsae and sport poomsae will eventually be added.
Accumulated points will be scaled according to the importance/size of the approved event and the achievement of the athlete.
For black belt sparring 12 and older, points will be awarded to the age and weight class in which the athlete competed. For all
other divisions, points will be awarded to the age/belt color in which the athlete competed. All points accumulated in 2010 will
expire at the end of the calendar year. The points earned by each athlete will be used in various manners throughout the year. In
an effort to avoid randomized seeding at the 2010 Junior Olympics and National Championships, total points accumulated at
that point in the year will be used for seeding purposes, with the exception of 14-17 and 18-32 black belts. Additionally, points
will be used to award athletes with the highest point totals in their division and clubs with the most overall points.
Below is the point grading chart that explains the points available at approved USAT events:​
Event 1​
st Place 2nd Place 3rd Place Quarters

Tournament Grade 1.0
- Local USAT Sanctioned Events (149 or less participants)
5 points 3 points 1.8 points 0 points
Tournament Grade 2.0
- Regional USAT Sanctioned Events (150 or more participants)
- USAT Rocky Mountain Open
10 points 6 points 3.6 points 0 points
Tournament Grade 2.5
- USAT Sanctioned State Championships (less than 499 participants)
- US Military Championships
12.5 points 7.5 points 4.5 points 0 points
Tournament Grade 3.0
- USAT Sanctioned State Championships (500 or more participants)
- US Collegiate Championships
15 points 9 points 5.4 points 0 points
Tournament Grade 4.0
- USAT National Qualifiers
- USAT Junior Olympics/ National Championships (Elite Open Divisions)
20 points 12 points 7.2 points 4.3 points
Tournament Grade 6.0
- USAT Junior Olympics/ National Championships (World Class Divisions)
30 points 18 points 12 points 6.5 points
Tournament Grade 6.5
- US Open​
32.5 points 19.5 points 13 points 7 points

StudentCarl

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
I recommend that you login to the USAT site and email them that question. Last time I asked a question that way it was about periodization of training and I got a reply from Eddie Yoon within a day.

Gorilla

Master of Arts
Reaction score
They have not posted it...It really is not that important since it does not count in the JR BB or Sr BB Divisions. They are not included in this!

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I believe the USAT are going to be the only one that can answer your question, I have yet to see any list on there site.

RSweet

Blue Belt
Reaction score
One of the board members told me that it hasn't been implemented yet. Although, who knows. It was supposed to start 1/1/2009.

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
One of the board members told me that it hasn't been implemented yet. Although, who knows. It was supposed to start 1/1/2009.

probably did. they are just keeing track of a selected few.
icon12.gif

Latest Discussions