US Open anyone?

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have read and enjoyed many of your post. This is my 1st and just a question, but have to start somewhere.

Anyone going to the US Open this February? My son and daughter will both be there. Good luck to anyone going.

Teakwon!!

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yes we will have 11 there and looking for some great competition. What school do you belong too?

OP
ATC

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yes we will have 11 there and looking for some great competition. What school do you belong too?
We are out of Northern CA. Our school is ATC or America Taekwondo Center. We will have 7 attending. Should be fun.

wade

Black Belt
Reaction score
4, including Ashley Jobin, the current USAT Heavy Weight National Champion. In Detroit she beat Miai Eubanks 8/7, Errica Kessler 3/2 and knocked out Danielle Harrison for the Gold. Since then she has trained in COS for the Pan Am team and locally won gold at the International Friendship tournament and the Oregon State Championship where she once again won her last matches with KO's. The other 3 are in the Junior divisions. They all medaled in Detroit this past summer.

Garrett7

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Are you guys talking about the one in Portland Oregon in febuary?

Garrett7

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Thankyou!

Im not sure yet if I will go or not..
Im good at sparring, but I dont like competetion all to much. My master really wants me to go though..

OP
ATC

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
Thankyou!

Im not sure yet if I will go or not..
Im good at sparring, but I dont like competetion all to much. My master really wants me to go though..
Best way to test some of your skills. Is also a great confidence builder as you have to face someone unknown to you.

Like Nike says...Just do it!

Garrett7

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Best way to test some of your skills. Is also a great confidence builder as you have to face someone unknown to you.

Like Nike says...Just do it!

Well i have a done a lot of tournaments in the past. Its just...I dont know. I dont like competing all that much.

wade

Black Belt
Reaction score
What division will you be in? Trust me :angel:, I will make sure it is some one you will be able to bond with.

For all the rest of you who actually know me, no, I'm not going to get him killed, but! I will match him up with someone who should be his level.

Garrett7

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Well, I will be at poom belt level. Age 16.

Its really no biggy. I dont need someone I can "bond" with.

wade

Black Belt
Reaction score
Sorry Garrett, no bonding, I got that. I was just trying to help.

BTW, you do know that by bonding I meant sparring, right? If you are going to dance it helps if you have the right dance partner. Some that can compliment your style, not over power you nor bring you down because they are not your level.

But like I said, sorry, I wish you the best, let us know how it goes, OK?

wade

Black Belt
Reaction score
Terry, what can I say. The players I am taking to the USAT US Open will also be playing at the USWC's US Open. I am the VP for USAT tournaments in Oregon. I was the USAT's Rep for the Oregon State Championships on 17 Jan, which was also put on by the USWC. So you can bet you will find my hand somewhere in there, probably holding a cup of coffee, but it will be there. :)

JadeDragon3

Black Belt
Reaction score
4, including Ashley Jobin, the current USAT Heavy Weight National Champion. In Detroit she beat Miai Eubanks 8/7, Errica Kessler 3/2 and knocked out Danielle Harrison for the Gold. Since then she has trained in COS for the Pan Am team and locally won gold at the International Friendship tournament and the Oregon State Championship where she once again won her last matches with KO's. The other 3 are in the Junior divisions. They all medaled in Detroit this past summer.

Miai Eubanks....is that any relation to Ken or Marty Eubanks from Bowling Green, Kentucky? I've been out of the tournament scene for a few years. Last time I was at a tournament was at Bluegrass Nationals the year that Ken Eubanks died of a heart attack.

wade

Black Belt
Reaction score
Jade, I don't know. I think her profile is listed on the USAT's website. I know her TKD competiton resume is just freaking awesome, she is one hell of a player.

Latest Discussions