Last Day of US Open Injuries

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hello and it is with sadness I write today, my own family the 1st son Zachary Ramos-Stoker had his left knee blown out today during the 1st round of the tournament he will be out for atleast 4-6 weeks. It is the Mutrol cartil ligament (mispelled) of the inner knee will see a specailist tommorrow to schedule surgery and then re-hap. His hope and dream are schattered at this point for he did not medal at his first US Open, I'm hoping the mental toughness will be able to overcome the failure as he puts it, so competitive about his Art or Sport.

On the other hand TXBB son Joseph had a great match even though he lost 8-3 this was probaly the best he has fought in over a year. I'm very proud of him he did what we tought him and he stayed competitive.

Al i All this was a great US Open all the matches was fair and equal and the best and superior athlete won for the most part.

Thanks Everybody
Terry Lee Stoker

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your son's injury. Hope the recuperation goes well!

Good job to you and TX BB for your students' performances! Even if they did not medal, if they tried their best and performed better than they have in the past, they've improved.

Miles

OP
terryl965

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Miles said:
Sorry to hear about your son's injury. Hope the recuperation goes well!

Good job to you and TX BB for your students' performances! Even if they did not medal, if they tried their best and performed better than they have in the past, they've improved.

Miles

Thanks Miles your comments are always a warm welcome.
terry

AceHBK

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
So sorry to hear about your son. I hope he has a speedy recovery.
When u have time i hope you create a thread about the whole tournament and you take on it all.

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your son's injury. My prayers are with him for a speedy recovery.:)

G

Gary Crawford

That's a shame about Zachary. I really hope he recovers soon and stays the course. It will definatly take some time and he will have to overcome some depression over it. That's quite unavoidable with that type of injury. I hope he comes back stronger than before!

rmclain

Black Belt
Reaction score
Hi Terry,

I'm very sorry to read of Zachary's injury. I hope he keeps his spirit high and recovers quickly.

How did the injury happen?

R. McLain

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Terry,

Please send Zachery my warmest wishes on a speedy recovery. His love for the sport and competition of TKD will help him recover quickly and get him back on the mat. His spirit will be his best rehab. :)

Congrats to Joseph and to you for being the great coach that you are.

OP
terryl965

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
rmclain said:
Hi Terry,

I'm very sorry to read of Zachary's injury. I hope he keeps his spirit high and recovers quickly.

How did the injury happen?

R. McLain

I believe it was a cut kick that was a tiny bit low and long to the back side of the back knee.
Terry

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
terryl965 said:
I believe it was a cut kick that was a tiny bit low and long to the back side of the back knee.
Terry

Was there a (gamjeon) penalty given to the other competitor? A Cut kick to the back leg would seem to be intentional.... Was Zachery kicking when this occurred (trying to picture this in my mind)?

Miles

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
AHHHH!

Terry, I'm so sorry to hear about Zach. Give him our (my families) best wishes and hopes for a speedy recovery. Please keep us posted on his progress.

Please tell TX BB's son and all your competitors, job well done!

Lastly. That's why we don't practice, nor condone cut kicks.

OP
terryl965

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Miles said:
Was there a (gamjeon) penalty given to the other competitor? A Cut kick to the back leg would seem to be intentional.... Was Zachery kicking when this occurred (trying to picture this in my mind)?

Miles
Miles he was in the process of throwing the fast kick front leg so the wieght was on the back leg and no penalty was given the Ref. said he did not see it, **** happens and he'll have surgery on thursday to rebuild the knee and than rehab oh my!!! He will be fine no worries he is a Stoker we always come back stronger and better after surgery.HA HA HA !!!!

Terry

OP
terryl965

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Gemini said:
AHHHH!

Terry, I'm so sorry to hear about Zach. Give him our (my families) best wishes and hopes for a speedy recovery. Please keep us posted on his progress.

Please tell TX BB's son and all your competitors, job well done!

Lastly. That's why we don't practice, nor condone cut kicks.

I will Gemini and TXBB son did a fabluous job considering it was his first open. I know I'm proud of all my athletes and I'm really proud of Joseph he has come a long way and I know TX BB is proud as well. Thanks
Terry

Jonathan Randall

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I am very sorry to hear about your son's injuries. He has my best wishes for a speedy recovery. :asian:

Cujo

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your son's injury. Sometimes it is harder to watch those you love be in pain than to be in pain yourself. Prayers for a speedy recovery.
Pax
Cujo

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Terry,

Any update on Zach's knee for us? how is he doing?

OP
terryl965

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Lisa said:
Terry,

Any update on Zach's knee for us? how is he doing?

Zachary has a blown MCL of the inner portion of the left leg he will be fine. He is like ripping at the thought of no training for the next couple of weeks before he starts rehab, then April 29th is the date we set for tournaments again so we shall see..

I do wish to thank everybody here on MT he has loved the extra attention from it and it has helped with the mental picture as well.

:asian::asian::asian:

Terry and son Zachary

AceHBK

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Glad to hear he is ok and wish the best for a full and speedy recovery!

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Good to hear that you are recovering well, Zachery! :partyon: