U.K Police Shoot to Kill......

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Oh..I do believe some people are in fact judging the officers.

Knarfan

Green Belt
Reaction score
Tgace said:
Oh..I do believe some people are in fact judging the officers.
I agree . I think the fact that the incident involved officers ,is one reason why it is being scrutinized so closlely . If it had been soldiers who were guarding the tube & made the same mistake , I think more people would have excepted the mistake . Maybe it's because people think soldiers are better prepared/trained ? In general I think it's a respect issue or lack of , to a certain degree . Just my opinion . On the other side I think that there are alot of people who really want to make sure procedures were followed & the fact that they were officers makes no differance .

Knarfan

Green Belt
Reaction score
Macy5 said:
I wonder if cops actually did ther jobs,

would so many people practise martial arts?

Who knows may be you are one of the very few good one's.

But I doubt it, seeing how much time you spend kissing the monitor.

Ok, I am done talking. Felt good.
Your an IDIOT !:whip: . When do you get off house arrest ?

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
sayoc FF said:
Your an IDIOT !:whip: . When do you get off house arrest ?
Probably not for a while. I think he violated his parole. We won't see him again for another 6 months.

Bester

<font color=blue><B>Grand UberSoke, Sith-jutsu Ryu
Reaction score
Tgace said:
Perhaps we should declare independence from Britain...oh wait. :)
I read it was revolked. Don't think too many noticed though, there was a football game on at the time.

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Guess I better start drinking tea. My wife loves the stuff. Blech!

Bester

<font color=blue><B>Grand UberSoke, Sith-jutsu Ryu
Reaction score
The police in question were in a "damed if you do, damned if you don't" situation.

Person is acting suspicious, ignoring or refusing to comply with police directions in a potentially dangerous situation. Past experience has indicated this individual to be a risk. Decision is allow them to continue and risk death and distruction for many, or take him out and risk shooting an innocent. Very hard choice.

If he'd been found to be packing a bomb belt, they'd be heros.

He wasn't. Now, they are bastards.

You know what? I would have shot the guy in the same situation. Better 1 innocent dead, than 20 innocents and 1 guilty dead.

I highly doubt these officers just picked him out at random, gave him a hard time, and then shot him all Dirty Harry style. I'm certain the choice to open fire was a hard one, weighed out against the recent attacks, and that these people aren't feeling good about taking a life, regardless of why.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Tgace said:
Guess I better start drinking tea. My wife loves the stuff. Blech!
Try the herbals, or other mixes. Try Wegmans health area. Lots of good ones there...though probably not "proper British" standards.

The best cops I ever knew had a respect for life that simply amazed me. Might have come from never knowing if today was the day you put yours on the line and lose it. Dunno. But I agree with AB. I think these guys were/are in no-win situations and did the best they could do, given the situation.

Dan G

Green Belt
Reaction score
Bob Hubbard said:
Try the herbals, or other mixes. Try Wegmans health area. Lots of good ones there...though probably not "proper British" standards.
For a "proper British" cuppa you'll need some bog standard breakfast tea bags, nothing fancy. Add one teabag, briefly to a large mug of boiling water, then remove (put teabag on sink and save for later) load up with milk until it is a pale washed out khaki colour.

Chuck in couple of spoons of white sugar (for a truly British smile).:uhyeah:

Revolting but authentic.

What's the tax on tea bags like these days?

Personally I only ever drink coffee.

Dan

Corporal Hicks

Black Belt
Reaction score
Due to recent events regarding this particular thread it seems as those some new factors have come into play!

According to media (Stressing the fact its the media) now, the Brazilian was not wearing a bulky jacket and he did not jump the turnstyle at the underground.
Instead new evidence has come up that the Brazilian was living in the same residence as a known suicide bomber and was mistaken to be 'the one' when he left the building, they do bear a similar resembelence!
Not only that now the Brazilian authorities have got envolved, strange that maybe people are killed in other countries due to gang killings, murder (unintentional or intentional) by the countries police and governments dont seem to get involved but when it comes to be mediarised its suddenly so much more interesting. Police officers are killed every year in their line of duty but I dont remember seeing their faces on national television, they are innocent to, serving and protecting the public, but it seems as though they are not worth the time.
It might be my warped view of things, but I think the media, especially in this country have got it wrong!
Regards

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
What I find interesting is how the family is coming out stating details about the incident. How do they know?

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
Tgace said:
What I find interesting is how the family is coming out stating details about the incident. How do they know?
That old reliable source of information, "Word on the street" coupled with a healthy amount of supposition and embellishment.

All cops know how every suicide gets turned in to a murder conspiracy by the family before it's over, no matter how cut and dry, and there's always someone lurking around to provide the family with "inside information" to support their theories.