"Swat"ing, when the left disagrees with you...

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hmmm, partially grasped truths, can be more misleading than outright lies sometimes.

Hayek is a prime example of that and the school of thought founded on his work is fundamentally flawed. Some important questions are posed by that school, I wouldn't seek to deny them that, but, where they have fallen short since the inception of Hayek's thoughts, is that they have no answers to give for the guidance of the pertinent economic factors.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm a VoIP engineer in the emergency communications field, please pardon my interruption of the partisan mudslinging to provide some data.

SWATing is a form of a false 911 call. Its rise has been concurrent with the use of consumer-level VoIP phone systems, that make it easier to "spoof" an emergency call, and more difficult (but not impossible) to trace. There has been no evidence that I have seen that indicates that this form of 911 call is driven by partisan politics.

Here is an industry mag that describes the phenomenon in an article from (I think) early 2009

http://www.911dispatch.com/911/swating_pranks.html

The overall issue of SWATing and false 911 calls is bigger than patisanship.

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Erik Erickson and Patrick Frey, as well as
Mike Stack, a New Jersey private citizen
, are a conservative pundit and a conservative blogger and a private citizen who were all "Swat"ed. Is it a coincidence that they were all swatted.
Erik Erickson, editor-in-chief of RedState.com and a CNN political contributor, reports that he is the latest conservative to be "SWAT"ed.

This tactic has previously been used on conservative blogger Patrick Frey aka Patterico, a California Deputy District Attorney, and Mike Stack, a New Jersey private citizen, both of whom were targeted by the left following the sex scandal which forced Anthony Weiner to resign from Congress.

Master Dan

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
{/emote :heavy sigh:}

You chaps really are doomed, you know that? If you individually refuse to see that this way of proceeding with regard to political matters is destructive then you're collectively never going to get anywhere useful.

Politics is the art of the possible not the science of the absolute. Forget that at your nations peril.
Sukerkin Tooshie great response!! Everthing positive in the US today from the constitution on was accomplished by comprimise and working together now we have litterly class warfare a juvinile focus on personal atacks as opposed to real substance for solutions. All attention given to who is more worthy on some quasi moral higher ground and worst of all the voting masses are so uneducated are baited and swerved by religous ferver he is a non christian or he is a muslim ignore the fact the person running will not tell the truth or answer a simple yes or no question?

Bill has a right to his opinion but I would not want to eat dinner with him or Don becuse it would upset my Zen digestion. Again how can you sit down with the extreme left or right its like cats and dogs or Palistine and Isriel one is dedicated to the destruction of the other?

You cannot reason with a person who refuses to listen to any facts or has no ears?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sukerkin Tooshie great response!! Everthing positive in the US today from the constitution on was accomplished by comprimise and working together now we have litterly class warfare a juvinile focus on personal atacks as opposed to real substance for solutions. All attention given to who is more worthy on some quasi moral higher ground and worst of all the voting masses are so uneducated are baited and swerved by religous ferver he is a non christian or he is a muslim ignore the fact the person running will not tell the truth or answer a simple yes or no question?

Bill has a right to his opinion but I would not want to eat dinner with him or Don becuse it would upset my Zen digestion. Again how can you sit down with the extreme left or right its like cats and dogs or Palistine and Isriel one is dedicated to the destruction of the other?

You cannot reason with a person who refuses to listen to any facts or has no ears?

Sigh, Israel just wants to be left the hell alone, it isn't dedicated to the destruction of Palestine. when Israel became independant and wrote out it's dEclaration of Independance it offered all Arabs within it's borders, the same rights, the same treatment, the same citizenship as it did to the Jewish people, it was turned down. Even today though, Arab citizens in Israel get to vote in Israeli elections, they get to be MPs, they get more in Israel than they do in Palestine their 'own' country. The Palestinians are stuck with leaders who insist on wanting the Jews wiped out, this is histotical and leads back to the Nazis and the Mufti of Jerusalem, I have no doubts at all that the ordinary Palestinians, wants peace and quiet to get on with their own lives, just like the rest of us.

Latest Discussions