TV Show

wowzer77

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
My brother told me that he saw an advertisement on National Geographic for a show that was going to be about the mechanics and strengths/weaknesses of martial arts techniques or something, however I havent found anything on the net about it and I'm wondering if he was mistaken. Anyone know anything about it?

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It featured George Dillman throwing "Chi Balls"..

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Drac said:
It featured George Dillman throwing "Chi Balls"..

come on drac you know that was really Goku and not Dillman?
Dillman can't even fly yet!
Terry

Kensai

Black Belt
Reaction score
terryl965 said:
Terry

What kind of martial artist is he if he can't even fly? Pfft... First thing we're taught.

CuongNhuka

Senior Master
Reaction score
I know what you're talking about. I cann't post links other wise I would post the link. Sorry man. But I found out about it on this site. So if you go through the back threads you'll probably find it. I cann't remember the name though. Sorry man

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
terryl965 said:
Terry

Yes, that must have been it..

Strahl

White Belt
Reaction score
Alright, who saw Fight Science last night? I thought that was awesome! Can you believe that Inosanto is 70 years old!? I mean, I can only hope my kali is 1/16 as good as his is when I'm 70.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Strahl said:
Alright, who saw Fight Science last night? I thought that was awesome! Can you believe that Inosanto is 70 years old!? I mean, I can only hope my kali is 1/16 as good as his is when I'm 70.

I saw it...Guro Inosanto looked GREAT..What speed..

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Other than Rickson Gracies and Inosantos parts it was pretty lame. The had a ninjitsu guy demonstrate ninjutsu (which he has never trained in) and it was pretty fake and just pathetic. I enjoyed the reading of lbs of force for the different individuals but their characterization that one art is a stronger striking art was way off. (should have been one individual is a stronger striker) They also did not always say the force in lbs for certain techniques as well. (kind of suspicious) Overall it was mediocre at best and after awhile I was bored with it. Just my 02.

Brian R. VanCise
www.instinctiveresponsetraining.com

ginshun

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Brian R. VanCise said:
Other than Rickson Gracies and Inosantos parts it was pretty lame. The had a ninjitsu guy demonstrate ninjutsu (which he has never trained in) and it was pretty fake and just pathetic. I enjoyed the reading of lbs of force for the different individuals but their characterization that one art is a stronger striking art was way off. (should have been one individual is a stronger striker) They also did not always say the force in lbs for certain techniques as well. (kind of suspicious) Overall it was mediocre at best and after awhile I was bored with it. Just my 02.

Brian R. VanCise
www.instinctiveresponsetraining.com

I haven't seen it, but my teacher watched it and sent some of us an email review. His comments sounded pretty much the same as yours.

tradrockrat

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Strahl said:

Guro Inosanto is always great. :)

I thought it was interesting that two well known and respected instructors (Gracie and Inosanto) looked SOOOOO much better than the others of whom I did not know as much.

Thunder Foot

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I was happy to see Guro Inosanto represented along side Rickson Gracie. Some of the other choices were a bit questionable. For example, why did they have the TKD guy doing all the demonstrations of the sword, when they had a Iaido swordsman there?!?! That among other questions pops into mind when thinking of the show.

All in all however, I was happy to see Martial Arts on TV. I would be happy with any type of Martial content onthe TV though, hehe.

Latest Discussions