whats your favorite style and why

kingkong89

Green Belt
Reaction score
i was pondering and thought of this thread what is your favorite art to study and why, i like to hear from you.
:caffeine: :shock: :jediduel: :matrix: :redeme:

karatekid1975

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Out of all the arts I studied? Tang Soo Do was my fav. Well, not just the style, but the dojang itself. It was mixed with Jujitsu, a little Hapkido, and Thai boxing. I thought that was the perfect mix. There was a little of everything (grappling, kicks, boxing, self defense, forms, tradition, and non-tradition). It was "supposed" to be point sparring, but my instructor allowed take-downs, throws, and submitions. We had a blast on sparring nights :D Of course, if we did a tourny, we went by the rules ;)

RheaHS

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
jujitsu. I've done two styles and my current, ishin ryu is my favourite.
It's fast, simple, and great fun. It's been fantastic for my confidence and fitness too, and it's where I met the man I intend to marry...so I may be biased.

lll000000lll

Green Belt
Reaction score
well i think of it as more of a concept then a style, but JKD (jeet kune do)because you use what works best for you and it teaches a mix of martial arts and a mix of different techniques you can put into your training, everything from jun fan gung fu, wing chun and JJ, takedowns and trapping to wrestling and grappling. i strongly suggest if you are interested in martial arts to at least check it out JKD just might be for you.

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
I love the forms of Tae Kwon Do, however hapkido is my favorite art I have ever practiced.

Haze

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Study shorin and goju but dabbled in jujutsu just a little and I like it. Fast and to the point. "trap, twist snap smash", and off the assailant goes to the orthopedic surgeon.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Favorite Art is finger painting, I just love having all that paint all over my hands.

TKD rules old school

L Canyon

Orange Belt
Reaction score
My favorite now is Kung Fu San Soo - it has elements of arts I have studied previously (striking, kicks, knees/elbows, joint locks and takedowns) but combined with simple yet effective footwork that was not in the "hybrid" mix or Aikido that I studied before. I also like because the instructor pushes us to be creative by combining movements in interesting ways.

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I love jujitsu. The concepts are just fascinating. The uprooting, grounding, taking the center, all of it. And as I progress, the simplicity of the advanced and the complexity of the simple keeps me coming back for more.

Other than that, I'm becoming more and more interested in Tai Chi. Once I'm back on my feet I'll hopefully be starting that up as well. As long as the guy stays in the area at least.

Jeff

MRE

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I like the art I am learning now because of the instructor and the people I train with. However, I always wanted to learn Tai Chi. The movements are beautiful.

J-Man

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Does BJJ count? LOL...I have always wanted to learn/study Tai Chi as well. It really is a beautiful art (in my opinion).

DeLamar.J

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
kingkong89 said:
i was pondering and thought of this thread what is your favorite art to study and why, i like to hear from you.
:caffeine: :shock: :jediduel: :matrix: :redeme:
I have always been attracted to ninjitsu, but its hard to find a legit school. There are way too many mcdojo/80's ninja wannabee's out there.

Latest Discussions