TSD and TKD

T

Teacher

Yes...but that is because TKDers are notorious for giving out wholey and grossly inaccurate information, often information they have not researched nor validated themselves but are simply parroting. TSDers in general....are much more likely to question as well as to confront. This is predominantly due to changes in attitudes among the various schools in the past decade.

Now this is a broad generalization...so don't jump in my crap about it.

R

RCastillo

Appreciate the answers given here, as I've always wondered the difference between the two.

Makes me want to give up on TKD, and take up TSD!

Some questions here:
* What's the biggest/best TSD group out there today?
* Which MA emphasizes stronger kicking? TKD, or TSD?

Thanks
:asian:

R

RCastillo

Originally posted by Shinzu
my association is afilliated with grandmaster ho sik pak. you can check it out at:

http://www.greatwarriorpak.com

im not sure but i think both TKD and TSD do a good amount of kicking.

I notice he's a young looking guy, as is his association. What sets him apart from Chun Sik Kim, and others like the World TSD Association, and the late Hwang Kee's group?:asian:

M

MountainSage

I humbly submit that if it had not been for the introduction of sporting element to TKD that the two would not be that different at this time. TKD has slowly eliminated many of the original elements to speed up the promotion time of BB to under four years, in addition to watering down any skills that would help a person survive a true fight for life or in life in general. Maybe TKD should have looked harder at Judo's situation. This is coming from a TKD person.

MountainSage

S

Shinzu

Originally posted by RCastillo
I notice he's a young looking guy, as is his association. What sets him apart from Chun Sik Kim, and others like the World TSD Association, and the late Hwang Kee's group?:asian:

actually my instructors trained with chun sik kim also. they are all good friends. my association was once part of the WTSD fed, but broke to start their own with no hard feelings.

the head master instructor at my school trained and tested in front of hwang kee. i would not say we are very different, we are just another branch on the TSD tree.

grandmaster ho sik pak is a fantastic martial artist as well as humble also. i had the honor of sparring with him at our last tournament.... ever though he beat me bigtime it was a honor.

R

RCastillo

Originally posted by Shinzu
actually my instructors trained with chun sik kim also. they are all good friends. my association was once part of the WTSD fed, but broke to start their own with no hard feelings.

the head master instructor at my school trained and tested in front of hwang kee. i would not say we are very different, we are just another branch on the TSD tree.

grandmaster ho sik pak is a fantastic martial artist as well as humble also. i had the honor of sparring with him at our last tournament.... ever though he beat me bigtime it was a honor.

Thanks for the clarification!:asian:

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
There is good TKD and bad TKD. In my opinion TKD associated with the MDK is the good stuff. Not to say that the others aren't good, though. I would say that overall, I have seen more bad TKD then good and the bad FAR outweighs the bad in TSD. Sheesh - I'm not trying to bash anyone - I think the sport aspect has created this. For instance, I trained for 2-4 hours a day everyday and it took me 5 years to get my cho dan in TSD.

upnorthkyosa

Latest Discussions