true crime

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
Allot of good points, I'm armed and their easy to reach no matter what, my wife also knows how to shoot and where to get them in the house, but with small kids, you have to be careful, ours are grown up and gone. I advocate to people that I trained and trained with, that anything is a weapon in your house and you better be prepared if someone enters your house to just start grabbing things and go ballistic on them without hesitation, without remorse. If it means going animal on them like a PitBull when you enter it's yard, so be it, be that PitBull or German Shepherd guarding it's turf.

If nothing else, give your other half he opportunity to reach your weapons, throw yourself into the fray and give them the chance to get to them, chances are you can hold out long enough for them to come to your aide with firepower.
All good points.....

On the subject of throwing yourself in the fray to allow the other half to get the firepower.......I am reminded of the old Jerry Clower joke about raccoon hunting and the raccoon (really a LYNX!) and the hunter fighting in the tree....

'Shoot this thing, it's killing me!'

'I can't shoot up there, I might hit you!'......

'WELL JUST SHOOT UP HERE AMONGST US, ONE OF US HAS GOT THE HAVE SOME RELIEF!'

Deaf Smith

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Never let the bad guy take you away in a car.
Never let a bad guy tie you up.

Better to fight and risk death in those situations.

I agree. While I'm not worred so much for my car, police have said many times if you are forced into a car the chances of living go down fast. Real fast. That is, don't get into the car with them. And this also appies to them forcing you on the ground or tieing you up.

well that may be true but what if it has to be your first defense? say on the street or if you just answer your door and someone tries to bust in while you are standing in your doorway unarmd? then what?

Glockdo drummingman, Glockdo! Glock 27 to be exact. Usually backed up by a P3AT.

Deaf

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
I agree. While I'm not worred so much for my car, police have said many times if you are forced into a car the chances of living go down fast. Real fast. That is, don't get into the car with them. And this also appies to them forcing you on the ground or tieing you up.

Glockdo drummingman, Glockdo! Glock 27 to be exact. Usually backed up by a P3AT.

Deaf

Yeah, I don't answer my door without knowing who's outside.....and when the knock comes in the middle of the night I don't answer it without my old friend Benelli M2T 12 gauge backing me up. ;)

Deaf Smith

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't answer my door without knowing who's outside.....and when the knock comes in the middle of the night I don't answer it without my old friend Benelli M2T 12 gauge backing me up. ;)

Here is a trick I have sgtmac,

If your outside doors have poarchs (our front and back doors do) then get a stick-on truck mirror, one of the kinds that are parabolic and allow you to see wide angles, and outside the door where the roof overhang is stick it so from the inside of the door you can see the mirror.

That way, go to the peep hole and look at the mirror and see if anyone is hideing besides the door!

As for answering the door, I have a member of my law firm with me. The firm of Smith & Wesson. I only use a 12 guage when an injuction is needed.

Deaf

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
Here is a trick I have sgtmac,

If your outside doors have poarchs (our front and back doors do) then get a stick-on truck mirror, one of the kinds that are parabolic and allow you to see wide angles, and outside the door where the roof overhang is stick it so from the inside of the door you can see the mirror.

That way, go to the peep hole and look at the mirror and see if anyone is hideing besides the door!

As for answering the door, I have a member of my law firm with me. The firm of Smith & Wesson. I only use a 12 guage when an injuction is needed.

Deaf
Injunction....heheheheh.....