Triple Warmer (heater) 23

Brother John

Senior Master
Reaction score
DavidCC said:
I suppose it is possible that a strike to TW23 could cause this...
I really don't know.
But I do know that massive blunt-force trauma to the eye socket will (like when the ref's head careened off the floor like a basketball)
or
when the eye becomes dislodged and there's a torsion (sp?) to the eye muscles.

Your Brother
John

Xequat

Black Belt
Reaction score
Figures. As soon as I offer to post it, I kill my computer. Give me a day or two to fix it, but I did get the file OK. You might try resubscribing to MT because I found out the hard way too a few weeks ago that mine had run out. I talked to Bob and he said that there's suppposed to be an automatic message sent to you when your subscription runs out, but that he had to get it fixed.

The Kai

Master of Arts
Reaction score
So..you have a athletic, strong individual slamming a guys head onto a hardwood floor? That ppko or no touch?

OP
ppko

ppko

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Brother John said:
Hey Bro.
I've seen that clip. Now.....while I'm a believer in TCM and the use of pressure points (I am), I know the clip you are talking about. The ref's optic nerve was pinched by a swelling in the muscles behind & around the eye.
Not that what you are saying (accessing the Trip.Warm. 23) won't cause a persons eyes to go whacko.... that I really don't know!
But in that clip it was much more "mechanical failure" than anything else.

Your Brother
John
Didn't know that is what happened just what the clip said, if anyone seen the "Real World" Austin in the first show a guy got his orbital bone broke and the Dr. said that he had a good chance of going blind if you watch closely it is right TW23 at the right angle and direction. (What I am refering i not light touch but pretty hard hitting)

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yes, breaking bones is a whole different thing. No one doubts that a strike can blind a person, I think.

OP
ppko

ppko

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
arnisador said:
Yes, breaking bones is a whole different thing. No one doubts that a strike can blind a person, I think.
Yeah the reason that I am posting this is because people did not believe me 5-6 months ago when I posted that a strike to TW 23 has the possibility to do that.

The Kai

Master of Arts
Reaction score
If you hit someone hard enough to break a orbital bone does'nt strike as pressure point striking

Martial Tucker

Black Belt
Reaction score
The Kai said:
If you hit someone hard enough to break a orbital bone does'nt strike as pressure point striking
Yeah, I agree...If you strike hard enough to break the bone that surrounds the eye, causing trauma to the eye, it's hard to say the pressure point had much to do with it. Now, if you could show me a pressure point where, if struck, blindness would ensue without apparent physical damage to the eye or area immediately around it, I would be more accepting.

Almost like if I claim that a strike to the philtrum will cause death, and then punch someone in the mouth, and they fall and hit their head on the sidewalk and die, and I say "See....I told you the philtrum was a lethal strike point".

OP
ppko

ppko

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
The Kai said:
I agree with you on this but in order to have your best results ie best chance of getting the break you must go the right angle and direction, and that happens to be at tw23 and the correct angle happens to be the corrrect one for the point. good point you brought up though.

Brother John

Senior Master
Reaction score
OK...
I'm of the opinion that when a Kyusho is activated that the end result Can be explained through physiological functions. Such as the Vegal (sp?) response causing a great many of the knockouts from having struck certain points...etc.

SO....this particular hit to TW-23, what would the Physiological Mechanism be that could explain the (temporary?) blindness?
Just wondering.

Your Brother
John

Xequat

Black Belt
Reaction score
Valid file extensions: avi doc gif jpe jpeg jpg mov mpg pdf png psd txt wmv zip

This file is an mpeg and I got an invalid file type error, so it wouldn't let me post it. I'll try to download a file converted from cnet or something and change it to one the valid file types and see what happens. I never really knew there was a difference between an mpeg and an mpg, but I guess there is.

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
Brother John said:
OK...
I'm of the opinion that when a Kyusho is activated that the end result Can be explained through physiological functions. Such as the Vegal (sp?) response causing a great many of the knockouts from having struck certain points...etc.

SO....this particular hit to TW-23, what would the Physiological Mechanism be that could explain the (temporary?) blindness?
Just wondering.

Your Brother
John
John, basically what you are having here is a blunt-force trama to a tract(the optic nerve). It would be similar to any heavy blow that went to the head whether or not it is to a specified pressure point or not. Since tracts are basically extensions of the brain it could send an overload of electrically shock to the brain that would in turn tell the brain that there is a major ammount of damage to the eye. This could potentially cause the brain to shut down the use of the eye to allow for repair and not continue damage through use. The other option is that it could be causing the head to "bounce" so hard that there is a slight swelling of the brain. This could also cause the temporary loss of vision. These things happen all of the time where someone gets hit in the head and they have some short term vision loss. It does not have to be a direct shot to TW-23. The body has somee pretty funny ways of shutting down areas of the body to limit the damage to a specific area that may or may not have received a direct hit. I am not by any means an expert, so take what I say with that knowledge in mind. The key word in my statement is "could" because there is no guarentee that what I stated is what is happening to cause the blindness.

This is all just my opinion.