Free Instructional DVD- In memory of Erle Montaigue

GaryR

Green Belt
Reaction score
I remember a long, long time ago when I ordered my first video from Erle Montaigue. I anxiously awaited the video, and when it arrived there were several more than i paid for ( I used paper-route money, lol)--included in the box was a note, it read something like-Dear Gazz, your very young, learn all you can, this should keep you busy for a long while.

Because I can't post Erle's material (there is some on the web) --I will post my own full instructional DVD from a decade or so ago. A majority of it is based on Erle's material and guidance, which has proven to be effective and world-class over the years. Hopefully someone here will learn the material and reap the benefits.

Before anyone jumps on me for errors-please watch the whole thing, and keep in mind that I could at the time make the material work +I have improved quite a bit in a decade, and looking back, I would approach a beginner DVD a bit differently.

I will re-do the video at some point when I have time. It’s just not my main thing, I have a legal career to worry about. This instructional DVD was initially done to leave for my military students when I deployed. I later decided to sell them to make it worth my time, and quite frankly it is invaluable information for someone wanting to hone their combatives with better mechanics/movement/power & principals--even though I've already made many improvements since.

The movement displayed in the video is also a bit more mechanical for teaching purposes, more smooth and explosive application is however touched on late near the end of the DVD--there is also a simpler method at the end (bad sequence I know).

Furthermore, If anyone feels like critiquing please keep it constructive and non-conclusionary. Moreover, you should be able to adequately perform/apply the methods real-time before you can compare and be taken seriously.

Note; I am not giving anyone permission to edit, re-produce, or re-post the clip anywhere else.

Here is the link, enjoy. I will keep it up until my bandwidth is maxed-it’s about an our long video. It may take time to download (about half a gigabyte.)

http://www.flowingcombat.net/fc1_2000a.mov.3gp

best,

Gary R

WingChunIan

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Very generous of you to post free material. I would be interested to watch it Gary but i can't get the link to work.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Link worked for me. It's a 3GP video file so you'll need a compatible player installed. Seems I have one.

Did not watch more than a minute, just to verify link works to save bandwidth for those who'll be able to use the video. Thank you for sharing Gary.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Link worked for me. It's a 3GP video file so you'll need a compatible player installed. Seems I have one.

Did not watch more than a minute, just to verify link works to save bandwidth for those who'll be able to use the video. Thank you for sharing Gary.

Ah you've lost me now!

OP
G

GaryR

Green Belt
Reaction score
Very generous of you to post free material. I would be interested to watch it Gary but i can't get the link to work.

No problem, hopefully I'll soon have time to make another, and share more info. Do you have the link/video working yet?? I had to compress the file to that format to get it at least somewhat smaller.

Best,

Gary

WingChunIan

Blue Belt
Reaction score
No problem, hopefully I'll soon have time to make another, and share more info. Do you have the link/video working yet?? I had to compress the file to that format to get it at least somewhat smaller.

Best,

Gary

Hi Gary, I finally worked out a way to get the vid to play so working my through it now. Once again thanks for posting, always interesting to see other folks approaches.

Tez3,
Try right clicking the link and hitting save target as. Once you've downloaded the file (which will take some time due to the file size) open it with quicktime. Media player didn't work for me and would only play the audio, but opening the file in quicktime worked fine. If you don't have quicktime installed you can download it for free (but if you've ever hooked up your ipod or other apple device you'll find its their somewhere).

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Link works fine using Safari on my iPad. That might be another solution for those not able to watch on their PC.

Latest Discussions