Trapping Hands to a take down

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I can see the usefulness of getting someone's arm across their body like that, but how you did it, and what you did afterwards doesn't seem like it would work at all. It seems like a very unreliable way to set up and execute an arm drag or maybe some kind of standing arm triangle. And I think you move to the wrong side for this to make sense. Wouldn't you want to move around behind the elbow and away from the free arm?

Also, a little nitpicky, but hard to miss when you do it in slow motion, you push the other guy's arm across on the wrong side of the elbow... no way that works on anyone who isn't fully cooperating.

Here's a video that talks about some of the pros and cons of the standing arm triangle position. Notice that to get there, he controls the arm above the elbow joint, and moves his body under the arm and closes to the other side than what you show.

Here's an arm drag video. Honestly, I just googled and found these. There are a lot of videos out there that demonstrate what I'm talking about above. They all move to the side behind the arm, etc. I like the video below because it shows a compliant drill which I thought might make some folks happy.

Latest Discussions